Backstage club store is now handled by Musictoday.com ARGH!!

HalfwayToGone

This sucks. I was always very happy with the in-house crew they had in Rush’s merch store, but looks like they transferred all that to livenation’s musictoday outfit (I use the term loosely—more like “nitwits” in reality). I decided to order a couple of little do-dads only to discover my old login no longer works at all, and I had to create a new account from scratch, even though they’re still calling it “backstage” and I had a years-long order history—same email account, etc. went right through, and when I got my confirmation email, my heart sank. Ugh!

If you’re wondering why I’m reacting this way, it’s because any and all experience I’ve had with these yokels from VIrginia has been pretty awful. From VIP merch bundles to any CD purchases bundled with ticketmaster tix to other bands’ merch stores, it’s always rotten customer service with zero ability to get any useful information about how long it will take before they ship anything that isn’t in stock at the time of purchase. In my case, the worst things were a mastodon CD bundled with concert tickets and a pre-order of a Soundgarden album that was released by a smaller label (subpop)—got those things many months late and any attempts to figure out when they’d get them after the release date had long passed were met with a “form letter” style email with nothing useful. When I checked with subpop, they said they had no idea what musictoday’s problem was and wished me luck. The only good news was I did get what I ordered, but months late. Didn’t even get a single courtesy email saying “ sorry—we are still awaiting the item you ordered” when it was clear they were horribly late—nothing whatsoever until I asked WTF was taking so long 6 full weeks later, and then it was the bullshit non-answer. I learned from that episode that I can expect to get the new Clutch CD that was bundled with my show ticket (release date was this tuesday) sometime in 2019. It’s a freebie, so I paid for a copy that I know has shipped this week already, because I’d like to hear it before the show in late October. Anyway end of an era, and end of rant.

• Like 5

This sucks. I was always very happy with the in-house crew they had in Rush’s merch store, but looks like they transferred all that to livenation’s musictoday outfit (I use the term loosely—more like “nitwits” in reality). I decided to order a couple of little do-dads only to discover my old login no longer works at all, and I had to create a new account from scratch, even though they’re still calling it “backstage” and I had a years-long order history—same email account, etc. went right through, and when I got my confirmation email, my heart sank. Ugh!

Anyway end of an era, and end of rant.

I know exactly what you mean. Backstage was the only site like that I bothered with because it's....well ... Rush. it was always a first class operation.

Fortunately, my exposure to these clowns will be very limited. Another indication that the divestment or cashing out continues.

• Like 3

I mostly like to wear their hats(Not saying I don't have around 20 shirts though lol) and am regularly disappointed when I go there and they rarely have any. I still love the 3 or 4 I wear a lot but they are getting old. A couple fresh new ones wouldn't hurt....

That is crap news. My ordering experience with Backstage has always been top notch. I wonder if they still maintain their Canadian operation and this only applies to the American orders? My stuff came out of Toronto

I will visit the Oakville Warehouse and let you know, I have been to the location many times, first class operation, really nice people.
  • Like 4

They ship out of Virginia now for my NE US location, anyway. Just an update—they got my order out in a very reasonable time and it was packed pretty well, but one coffee mug I ordered was chipped. I emailed with some photos and got a robo-response saying they respond within 48 business hours (you think, oh 2 days, but really it’s 6 business days at 8 hours per day). Anyway, I was pleasantly shocked to get an email one week later that they shipped a replacement. Also gave a pre-printed return free-shipping label for the return of the chipped one. Sigh of relief.
  • Like 1

They ship out of Virginia now for my NE US location, anyway. Just an update—they got my order out in a very reasonable time and it was packed pretty well, but one coffee mug I ordered was chipped. I emailed with some photos and got a robo-response saying they respond within 48 business hours (you think, oh 2 days, but really it’s 6 business days at 8 hours per day). Anyway, I was pleasantly shocked to get an email one week later that they shipped a replacement. Also gave a pre-printed return free-shipping label for the return of the chipped one. Sigh of relief.

I received the Clockwork Angels ultimate deluxe version from their site and it was missing a DVD. I sent an email saying that the 2nd DVD was missing, didn't get a response but had a disc arrive in the mail four days later.

I remember doing a presale for the CA tour through music today. Their whole process of how they did things was complete donkey balls. There was a good amount of complaining about them on here at the time. I can't even recall the details anymore I just remember that it sucked.

Glad everything worked out.

I guess I'm fortunate there's not one new thing on that site right now that interests me.

From the "new" Rush Backstage handled by Musictoday.

Hemispheres Super Deluxe Cdn $160. Shipping Cdn $64.57

WTF?!?

Showtech was great, their prices were fair, and their shipping was reasonable and quick. I swapped a hoodie size once and they were fantastic about it. What I've heard about Musictoday has been mostly negative.

That's a shame. Ordered the new box from Amazon.

Just wait for "The Big Money" Power Windows Box Set!!!

211.12 USD!!!

Comes with a dollar bill with each a Geddy, Alex and Neil mug shot on each note!

Pun intended!!!

"Hold Your Fire"Deluxe Box Set!!!

Comes with your own mini Rush BBQ set.

You can pay 300 USD for it and then light the box set on real fire if you desire!!

BURN BABY BURN!! BURN YOUR CASH N DASH!

I prefer "Crash And Burn."

Love,

Pat Travers

• Like 2

"Permanent Waves" Super Deluxe Box Set!

Comes with three cds, vinyl, and deep inside the box you get a pair of white panties and a vile of salt water to clean yourself out.

Puns intended.

Anything for a cash ass grab right?

Editor's Note: This post is strictly for being punny and slightly funny. This is not meant to be taken serious.

If you are offended then I suggest you go back to "Natural Science" Class and study the birds and the bees.

If that doesn't help cool your brain then I suggest your take out your copy of "Caress Of Steel" and play Didacts And Narpets" to Volume 2112.

FCKKK IT!

• Like 1

Oh,

The "Moving Pictures" Deluxe Super Box Set!

It will be like Willy Wonka and trying to find the YYZ Platinum Ticket!

Deep within the "Moving Pictures" box set there will be a chance to find a very rare YYZ ticket.

There will only be 3 of these tickets randomly placed inside the box sets. 3

A symbol for Geddy Alex and Neil.

Three lucky Rush fans who obtain a YYZ ticket will actually get to fly from anywhere around the world for free and will land safely into Toronto. Pearson YYZ of course.

A limo will be awaiting the three lucky winners.

The three of you will be able to have a first class dinner date with yes, Geddy, Alex and Neil.

Neil will actually fly out from Santa Monica to be there.

The winners and RUSH will have an unlimited timed dinner and all the wine and or booze you can drink!

Pictures and video are permissible.

After the wonder night out with RUSH each of the winners will retire to a wonderful AirBNB condo overlooking the beautiful Toronto skyline.

Of course the three lucky winners will also get anything they want signed by the boys.

Then it's back to reality.

Enjoy another night's stay in Toronto and hit the Orbit Room. Explore Rush Art Park.

The sky is the limit Rush Fans!!!

I can't wait to buy 1000 of these Moving Pictures Super Deluxe Box Sets!!!

Yep!

I'm crazy?

Creative Writing 2112 fans.

Just wait....

This will happen.

Just like a real Rush Reunion Tour in 2020.

'

• Like 2

Oh,

The "Moving Pictures" Deluxe Super Box Set!

It will be like Willy Wonka and trying to find the YYZ Platinum Ticket!

Deep within the "Moving Pictures" box set there will be a chance to find a very rare YYZ ticket.

There will only be 3 of these tickets randomly placed inside the box sets. 3

A symbol for Geddy Alex and Neil.

Three lucky Rush fans who obtain a YYZ ticket will actually get to fly from anywhere around the world for free and will land safely into Toronto. Pearson YYZ of course.

A limo will be awaiting the three lucky winners.

The three of you will be able to have a first class dinner date with yes, Geddy, Alex and Neil.

Neil will actually fly out from Santa Monica to be there.

The winners and RUSH will have an unlimited timed dinner and all the wine and or booze you can drink!

Pictures and video are permissible.

After the wonder night out with RUSH each of the winners will retire to a wonderful AirBNB condo overlooking the beautiful Toronto skyline.

Of course the three lucky winners will also get anything they want signed by the boys.

Then it's back to reality.

Enjoy another night's stay in Toronto and hit the Orbit Room. Explore Rush Art Park.

The sky is the limit Rush Fans!!!

I can't wait to buy 1000 of these Moving Pictures Super Deluxe Box Sets!!!

Yep!

I'm crazy?

Creative Writing 2112 fans.

Just wait....

This will happen.

Just like a real Rush Reunion Tour in 2020.

'

Please put the pipe down!!!!!

WTF?!?

Showtech was great, their prices were fair, and their shipping was reasonable and quick. I swapped a hoodie size once and they were fantastic about it. What I've heard about Musictoday has been mostly negative.

Still waiting for 3 shirts ordered 1 month ago, these new guys suck goat balls.

WTF?!?

That's very odd dude.

I've been getting my stuff on time and fast!! I'm in California! I'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend!

RUSH ON!

WTF?!?

Maybe they are still printing them.