A Farewell to Kings turns 41 today!

blueschica

Happy Birthday to one of my Rush favorites- A Farewell to Kings!! It was originally released on September 1, 1977. Enjoy the glory that is Xanadu!

:heart: :heart: :heart: (and the pic I totally lifted from Danforth & Pape's FB page. They sell awesome t shirts.)

bUTMJ1w.jpg

• Like 9

Love this album! Was for a couple of years my favourite, but Hold Your Fire, Vapor Trails and more recently Hemispheres have taken over my listening schedules.

Flawless. I cannot think of many albums of any erabmore beautiful than this. I love the medieval vibe and the heavy arrangements. I also love The three songs that get the most flack around here: Closer To The Heart, Cinderella Man and the beautiful Madrigal.

I call this the "Leap Forward" album because the musicality between AFTK and 2112 is massive. Almost like a new band... synthesizers, Taurus pedals, 12 string guitars, and Neil's additional percussion instruments make AFTK a HUGE album for them and brought them the boost they needed after 2112.
  • Like 4

AFTK

Such majesty only comes along once in a very long time. When they turn the pages of history, and these days have passed long ago, they’ll remember this as the landmark is still is. Happy birthday!

• Like 4

:cheers: !!

Amazing album, I still have my original pressing.

Eh?

She now identifies as a 56 year old. Be careful to not trigger her...lol

Eh?

She now identifies as a 56 year old. Be careful to not trigger her...lol

:LOL:

When this hug was happening, who was the one who held on for that split second too long ??

Eh?

Yes, I got a copy at the record store last year. 15$, original pressing and still plays great!!

It was the way you worded it my friend, if I hadn't taken into account who wrote it is have just assumed you had bought it around the time it was released and moved on haha!

I also know you have moved to Italy so I get you also feel pride in having not lost your copy.

• Like 1

Eh?

Yes, I got a copy at the record store last year. 15$, original pressing and still plays great!!

It was the way you worded it my friend, if I hadn't taken into account who wrote it is have just assumed you had bought it around the time it was released and moved on haha!

I also know you have moved to Italy so I get you also feel pride in having not lost your copy.

In normal shipment at the moment.

A TRUE classic!!!

As :rush: has proved time & time again in producing one of a kind albums. One of the 1st few I had collected when I became a "Full Time" :rush: fan! AFTK is such an album the likes of which will never ever, ever be able to be duplicated or reproduced! Maybe remastered by the geniuses themselves but that's it!!

• Like 3

An end to end awesome album.I think it's a high point of early Rush. I even like a bit better than 2112 (tough competition) and Hemispheres. Incredible '70's album that betters other albums... not like there was not much competition.
  • Like 1