2018-2019 College Slavery, err, Football Thread

pjbear05

About that claim above which has Ohio State with the toughest schedule in the country -- according to the current rankings, Ohio State has on its entire schedule only 3 teams ranked in the top 25, the highest ranked team being Penn State at number 11, followed by Michigan at 15 and 16, and Mich St at 19 and 20.

So, Goose, what is your source for claiming that Ohio State has the toughest schedule in the country? That seems like obvious nonsense to me -- and should to you also.

Seems the SEC isn't quite the conference powerhouse this year like all it's fans think it is.

You are like a broken record with your sour grapes SEC envy.

Tell me, which conference in your opinion is better right now than the SEC?

You constantly rag on the SEC, yet I never see you dare put forward any argument about any particular conference being better or even as good, with reasons why. It all just seems sour grapes on your part.

Also, you don't seem to be a fan of any particular team or teams. You just pull against particular teams. Fess up, why are you even a college football fan? What team or teams are you a fan of?

I didn't say any conference was better, only that the SEC may not be the powerhouse their fans always make them out to be. As for me, I've been an Oklahoma Sooner football fan for longer than any other team I root for. I vividly remember watching OU vs Nebraska the day after Thanksgiving and seeing the Wishbone offense. Back when Chuck Fairbanks was coach up to now.

What's with Bama's crap schedule?

B.S.

Texas A&M is in the Top 25 but the rest of the schedule so far has been week. They don't really have a potential tough game until LSU which isn't until November 3rd. Seems the SEC isn't quite the conference powerhouse this year like all it's fans think it is.

What gets me is they always schedule a cupcake the week before they play Auburn because they're a bunch of pussies, starting at the top with Satan Saban.

*SIGH* not this nonsense again.

Auburn does the exact same thing before the Alabama game too, you know. Lots of teams schedule weaksauce opponents before their traditional end of season rivalry games, mutually. Why shouldn't they, to give both their teams a bit of a rest before the all out traditional end of season war with each other? This singling out Alabama for things that are commonly done in football is silly.

Here's the strength of schedule ranking. Who is number one? Ohio State, followed by Iowa State, Penn State, S. Carolina, LSU, TxAM, UCLA, Michigan, Washington, Clemson...

According to who? If you say Sagarin, I might have to reach through my computer screen and strangle you to death.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

B.S.

Texas A&M is in the Top 25 but the rest of the schedule so far has been week. They don't really have a potential tough game until LSU which isn't until November 3rd. Seems the SEC isn't quite the conference powerhouse this year like all it's fans think it is.

What gets me is they always schedule a cupcake the week before they play Auburn because they're a bunch of pussies, starting at the top with Satan Saban.

Auburn does the exact same thing before the Alabama game too, you know. Lots of teams schedule weaksauce opponents before their traditional end of season rivalry games, mutually. Why shouldn't they, to give both their teams a bit of a rest before the all out traditional end of season war with each other? This singling out Alabama for things that are commonly done in football is silly.

Here's the strength of schedule ranking. Who is number one? Ohio State, followed by Iowa State, Penn State, S. Carolina, LSU, TxAM, UCLA, Michigan, Washington, Clemson...

According to who? If you say Sagarin, I might have to reach through my computer screen and strangle you to death.

https://www.teamrank...rength-by-other

Garbage.

Just last week, that same site had Ohio State ranked 23 in strength of schedule, suddenly this week Ohio state is ranked 1. Last week, Alabama was ranked 9 in strength of schedule, this week 24. The only way this might make any sense at all is if the site is merely attempting to rate strength of schedule of the games played so far. It is not doing that very well at all imo, but the results make more sense when viewed that way. The site is not even attempting to make a statement regarding the entire season including all the games yet to be played.

PS -- West Virginia went from being ranked 94 last week to 36 this one.

B.S.

https://www.teamrank...rength-by-other

Garbage.

Just last week, that same site had Ohio State ranked 23 in strength of schedule, suddenly this week Ohio state is ranked 1. Last week, Alabama was ranked 9 in strength of schedule, this week 24. The only way this might make any sense at all is if the site is merely attempting to rate strength of schedule of the games played so far. It is not doing that very well at all imo, but the results make more sense when viewed that way. The site is not even attempting to make a statement regarding the entire season including all the games yet to be played.

PS -- West Virginia went from being ranked 94 last week to 36 this one.

The internet does not lie.

Oklahoma almost completes a furious comeback against Texas, but loses by a late field goal in the end. Sooners fall out of the ranks of the undefeated. Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Oklahoma almost completes a furious comeback against Texas, but loses by a late field goal in the end. Sooners fall out of the ranks of the undefeated.

Their defense is pretty weak and Texas kept them guessing most of the game. Life goes on.

• Like 1

Missouri at South Carolina under lightning delay with less than three minutes left in the game, SC up 34-32 with Mizzou with the ball near midfield, 1rst and 20. Doh! I had been watching that game. Good game so far. The long delay totally derails the momentum of the game. Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

#22 Florida knocks off # 5 LSU, 27-19

:ebert:

Oklahoma, Auburn and Stanford go down as well. Your beloved Notre Dame should jump up in the polls!

Edited by goose

Your beloved Notre Dame should jump up in the polls!

Considering that weaksauce schedule they have left to play, they could plausibly end the season undefeated and be in the playoff. If so, I expect their fate will be a grim as what happened to them last time they were declared worthy to play for the National Championship.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Considering that weaksauce schedule they have left to play, they could plausibly end the season undefeated and be in the playoff. If so, I expect their fate will be a grim as what happened to them last time they were declared worthy to play for the National Championship.

Bring those Irish scrandys down to Orlando. UCF still unbeaten.
  • Like 1

Weak schedule?

Pittsburgh, Northwestern, USC, Florida State... That site I cited earlier has their scheduled at #14 in difficulty.

Weak schedule?

Pittsburgh, Northwestern, USC, Florida State... That site I cited earlier has their scheduled at #14 in difficulty.

Not a single one of those teams is ranked in the top 25.

According to the current rankings, ND plays only one team ranked in the top 25 all season -- Michigan. (The coaches' poll also has Stanford still clinging to the top 25 at #24 as well)

Weak schedule?

Not a single one of those teams is ranked in the top 25.

According to the current rankings, ND plays only one team ranked in the top 25 all season -- Michigan. (The coaches' poll also has Stanford still clinging to the top 25 at #24 as well)

Ok.

But USC, FlState, Northwestern, Pitt are all solid programs capable of playing the spoiler.

PS - call me crazy, but I have a "feeling" that Bama could actually get upset by Missouri tomorrow -- not that Missouri is all that good, because it isn't, but this could be one of the games that Bama occasionally has where it inexplicably shoots itself in the foot repeatedly. Call it a "hunch" ;)

That. Would. Be. EPIC to watch the Jesus Boys lose to Central Florida.

That. Would. Be. EPIC to watch the Jesus Boys lose to Central Florida.

Central Florida certainly did not help their case for being in the play off by squeaking out a win against Memphis 31-30

Grats to Tennessee for finally getting a conference win for the first time since 2016. The Vols ended an 11 game SEC losing streak by beating Auburn.

Auburn will be plummeting way out of the rankings with this 3rd loss. They were ranked in the top 10 in the pre season polls.

Always fun to go back and look at the pre season polls as the season gets older, so many of the initial predictions turn out to be extremely wrong.

• Like 1