Most underappreciated rush song

Red3angel

I'll second "Cut To The Chase". Such a powerful song and Alex's solo is simply fantastic, incredible and outright amazing. To me, it's the best song off Counterparts. It deserved to be the lead song on the album, it deserved airplay and it certainly deserved to be played live in concert! Talk about underappreciated, Rush themselves didn't give this song it's due!
  • Like 2

I always thought "Before and After" was a great song from their oft maligned debut album which anticipated a lot of the greatness that would come later.

Very unconventional song structure; I love the build-up to when the singing starts; it's just so... pretty?

And then the hard rock guitar kicks in and the singing starts and the mood contrast is remarkable.

I f***ing love it.

It strikes me as a very crude prototype of all of the awesomness that was to shortly follow.

And I actually really like the bluesy hard rock part that follows, with all of those "yeah yeah yeahs."

Great song in my opinion.

• Like 5

anything from Presto thats not the pass is hugely under-rated to me
  • Like 3

This could be a very long list, but I'll cut it down to those that get overshadowed due to the dominance of an iconic song or group of songs (Moving Pictures, e.g)

1. Circumstances (Hemispheres)

2. Something for Nothing (2112)

3. Vital Signs (MP)

4. BU2B (Clockwork)

5. Different Strings (Perm. Waves)

6. Emotion Detector (Power Windows)

With the exception of Signals, these are probably my favorite Rush albums.

• Like 1