"GRAPES UNDER PRESSURE IV!" WHICH RUSH "FRUITS" ON HERE ARE GOING TO GO FOR IT? Punny Right? Board Train "2112" with Geddy And Alex! Oct 13th 2018!

RUSHHEAD666

Hey Rod, you should start doing video interviews and start your own youtube show/channel. Also, doing product reviews is also very good because all kinds of companies will send you free expensive items to review. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

Hey Rod, you should start doing video interviews and start your own youtube show/channel. Also, doing product reviews is also very good because all kinds of companies will send you free expensoive items to review.

That's my dream, man. Maybe one day...

• Like 3

Glad to hear it was a relatively relaxed atomsphere rather than just standing on line to take a photo for three seconds in front of a background poster.

It was indeed, man. The crowd was big, but they were chatty and approachable.

One of my favourite moments was getting back on the bus to take us to the train back to Toronto. Alex was in the front seat, and I did the "we're not worthy" thing to him, and said "being in the crowd on Rush in Rio, my favourite moment was not singing YYZ, but doing that gesture to you guys". He said "I will NEVER forget that show, man!".

Yes, my one Rush encounter was at a party after an MSG show on counterparts tour, and it was a similar thing—cocktails and mingle. Much cooler than their meet and greets on later tours. And Neil was there, but well shielded from us peasants.

• Like 4

Saturday October 13th 2018.

One of the greatest days of my life.

It is interesting to note that October 13th was also my wedding anniversary.

Sadly as most of you know I am divorced, yet very happy.

I found the date quite ironic because even though many of you hate me and think I'm a asshole I still get the importance of existence.

My top 5 days in my life as an adult male on planet earth:

Even though divorced

1. My marriage

2. The birth of my first kid ZOE!

3. The birth of my second kid SKYLAR!

4. Grapes Under Pressure IV, one of the greatest days of my life, hanging out with friends and over one hundred amazing strangers. I could play drums in RUSH but I am opposite Neil. I know many strangers can be long awaited friends. I am ANTI NEIL...... Comic book shite? I love NEIL!

5. On that note even though it didn't go so well, I met Neil in 2003 by his bus. Many on here know this story. Many of my friends from the Grapes Under Pressure Tour know it too. LOL!

Life is short.

I hope all of you find your passion in life and fulfill your dreams and make them into realities.

I can't even believe how amazing October 13th 2018.

Everyone I met was so incredible and amazing. The train staff, the bus drivers, the people who ran the Peller Estate. All first class.

The weather was cold but when the sun broke through it was perfect.

A surreal day.

Drinking Wayne Gretzky whiskey with ginger beer on ice. Are you kidding me? Delicious.

The food was first class.

Alex was telling jokes on the intercoms all day long

Geddy was so cool.

We shot the shit about baseball twice!

He loved what my Oakland A's did this season despite failing to the fuckking Tankees. LOL!

We talked about Geddy's Blue Jays too.

You wouldn't believe the things he told me.

That will remain private.

RUSH IS THE GREATEST BAND EVER MADE ON MOTHER EARTH!

I met Neil in 2003.

I met Geddy and Alex in 2018

You can all rip me for being an arrogant selfish person.

Hell I'm not bragging or gloating.

It's reality for me.

My life is complete. DUH

I had a great marriage. Sadly it failed.

I have two amazing daughters.

I have incredible parents.

I am so blessed.

I have amazing friends.

Some are on here. As for the assholes who always bring me down, go find someone else to pick on. Take Off To The Great White North And FREEZE!

Oh yeah..

I have been lucky in my life to also meet all three of them.

Of course Neil was grumpy. But it was still epic.

Geddy, Alex and Neil.

Oh and my love for John Rutsey too. Amazing drummer.

To my family

To my two daughers

To all of my wonder friends.

To RUSH

Don't judge me forum fruits.

Find your own passions in life and "Roll The Bones." LOL!!

I found my years ago.

RUSH THE FUKK ON!

• Like 5

Hey did I tell you guys I asked Alex if I could try out for the band?

He gave me 30 seconds.

I did some YYZ on a seat cushion and Alex was done! Rod was there. It was EPIC!

Ten seconds of Fame.

"Ten Seconds To Love"

Motley Crue

I was.

Geddy and Alex were soooooooo nice!!!

• Like 4

Those that hate Earl on the internet have no idea what they're missing - he is one classy dude, and a sweet soul.

This exactly.

Seriously - I lucked out BIG TIME, meeting both Earl and Rod (and Geddy and Alex, too, I suppose ;) ) and spending the day hanging with them. It wouldn't have been nearly as fun without these two guys to share the experience with. To paraphrase Earl - these two strangers were definitely long awaited friends who made this day even better.

I hope our paths cross again someday :) If you ever find yourself near Tucson AZ - I'd better know about it ;)

(trying to add a pic of the three of us but failing - will try again after more coffee!)

• Like 4

I wish I could find my post from the time right after you moved to Toronto when I said you’d meet Geddy within two years. :blaze:

True story; Several weeks ago, on the afternoon of the 19th September, I was alone just checking my phone down a quiet street when I look ahead and Geddy is walking towards me doing the same, I couldn't believe my eyes and as he approached me I said 'Hi Geddy'! . He stopped and kind of looked up quizzically at me , said Hi, shook my hand and hastily walked off! It was amazing yet very surreal and I wished I had thought of something intelligent to say but you know how it is! My overriding memory is how small he is lol!

Very cool! Where was that? Rosedale?

It was in West London!

• Like 1

Another thing that was given after the event, which I haven't even checked out yet, was a CD with an interview with Neil circa '86. I don't know if that's video or audio, and I'm not sure if that was part of the event, or if it was one of us fans distributing it. Felicia, Earl, have you listened to it yet?

Another thing that was given after the event, which I haven't even checked out yet, was a CD with an interview with Neil circa '86. I don't know if that's video or audio, and I'm not sure if that was part of the event, or if it was one of us fans distributing it. Felicia, Earl, have you listened to it yet?

I did not get one of those! The only sort of "after" the event thing I got was the license plate frame.

Love you guys so much!!! Last Saturday was truly one of the greatest days of my life and I got to share with all of you and Felicia!

I did listen to the first cd. It's EXCELLENT!!!! I love listening to Neil talk. So intellectual and philosophical on every aspect of life.

I found the date quite ironic because even though many of you hate me and think I'm a asshole I still get the importance of existence.

Even though divorced

1. My marriage

4. Grapes Under Pressure IV, one of the greatest days of my life, hanging out with friends and over one hundred amazing strangers. I could play drums in RUSH but I am opposite Neil. I know many strangers can be long awaited friends. I am ANTI NEIL...... Comic book shite? I love NEIL!

5. On that note even though it didn't go so well, I met Neil in 2003 by his bus. Many on here know this story. Many of my friends from the Grapes Under Pressure Tour know it too. LOL!

Life is short.

I hope all of you find your passion in life and fulfill your dreams and make them into realities.

Everyone I met was so incredible and amazing. The train staff, the bus drivers, the people who ran the Peller Estate. All first class.

A surreal day.

Drinking Wayne Gretzky whiskey with ginger beer on ice. Are you kidding me? Delicious.

Geddy was so cool.

He loved what my Oakland A's did this season despite failing to the fuckking Tankees. LOL!

you bastard!!!!

• Like 1

Even though divorced

1. My marriage

Life is short.

A surreal day.

Geddy was so cool.

you bastard!!!!

:LOL:

Hey Analog Kids!

This Digital Man is going back for seconds!!

Grapes Under Pressure V!!!

Can't wait to see you ROD!

I fuckking love you!

I love this Forum! I love 73! He let's me be me!

"FREEWILL!"

I've made some bad choices on here but overall, I'm good.

To all of my friends on this forum I thank you for putting up with me.

Sorry for crossing the line over the years, but i can't cry fake "Tears For Fears."

I would prefer to be "Sowing The Seeds Of Love" but as Van Halen would say "When Push Comes To Shove"

I'm ready to kick some internet ass.

No Fear!

Great punk band! FEAR MORE BEER????

I think I listened to that record in high school

I am well educated by rock and roll and academia.

I've run a business for over 22 years with my father.

I worked 16 years at Safeway.

I fell in love with Rush in 1981.

My drum instructor Ray Libby taught me how to play "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac,

I was was bored and almost fell asleep.

So I asked my drum teacher to show me how to play YYZ.

I was fukking 15.

He couldn't teach me.

So as a total nerd kid I took the matter into my own hands. Pun intended! LOL!

I learned YYZ on my own.

From there I learned every Rush record as a kid.

I'm surprised I still have hearing.

Back then it was playing to a loud vinyl record player of a stupid old school Sony Walkman.

Alas I did it.

Today I play Rush records on my wireless BEATS.

Keeps me in check.

Keeps me interested.

I'm a spoiled boy so please do roast me, but go ahead.

You see?

Some humans need Zen.

Some need yoga

Kale salads.

I need YYZed! Zen is cool too.

Hey it is what is is.

We all need to find our path on this planet. Good luck to you all.

I'm good.

I have found "Success Under Pressure" but I always wanted to be a rock n roll drummer.

My four track cd comes out in July

I've waited 38 years for this moment.

I don't want any money or anything from anyone.

I'm a big boy,

Yet as 10CC says in the classic "I'm Not In Love" "big boys don't cry......."

I cry.

I will send you my cd if you pm me you address FOR FREE!

But on that note.

It's time for bed.

I need to get on Toronto Time baby! YYZ!!!!

The greatest instrumental of all time!

Love you my friends!

Haters hate. Please put me on IGNORE!

IGNORANT!

Not me baby!

Living for me and for RUSH!

RUSH ON!

"I'm Insane!!!!!"

RATT N ROLL

• Like 2