Ruined for Rush

Red3angel

I’ve only been a fan for about two years. I know there’s a lot of other good music out there. But Rush has such a variety for all my moods, at this point the only other music I want to listen to would be the who or Led Zeppelin
  • Like 2

It comes in waves at this point. There will be two-week stretches where I listen to nothing else and then I don't listen to them at all for six months. But I always go back at some point.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Listening to nothing but Rush is like only eating Cheerios. Why?

Listening to nothing but Rush is more like only eating chicken with all the variations: fried, grilled, baked, etc.

But yeah, it’s still only chicken.

Listening to nothing but :rush: is like only eating Angus Ribeye steaks pared with a nice Malbec. Then summer comes and once in a while you want a nice outdoor table, a crisp cool Chardonnay and a Cesar salad with grilled chicken.

• Like 2

Listening to nothing but Rush is more like only eating chicken with all the variations: fried, grilled, baked, etc.

Listening to nothing but :rush: is like only eating Angus Ribeye steaks pared with a nice Malbec. Then summer comes and once in a while you want a nice outdoor table, a crisp cool Chardonnay and a Cesar salad with grilled chicken.

Luckily TruRushFansTM have MFH or Victor to spin... ;)

• Like 2

Back to the chicken...

Victor and My Favorite Headache are like chicken nuggets or tenders. Sure, they’re edible and they’re chicken...kind of. But they’re not as savory as a full on roast or barbecue chook.

When I was 13 and had just discovered them, they were all I knew. This was 1981 and 82.

There's a lot of other great music out there. Rush were amazing, but they weren't the only game in town.

• Like 1

It comes in waves at this point. There will be two-week stretches where I listen to nothing else and then I don't listen to them at all for six months. But I always go back at some point.

Same here. Been on a Beatles kick lately, probably go back to Rush after that.

• Like 1

Back to the chicken...

Victor and My Favorite Headache are like chicken nuggets or tenders. Sure, they’re edible and they’re chicken...kind of. But they’re not as savory as a full on roast or barbecue chook.

"My Favourite Headache" is like chicken that has parts of it slightly overcooked. "Victor" is like trying to eat the chicken while it's still alive.

• Like 3

Been on my twenty-one-twelfth Rush trip lately and they're still the best band I've ever heard, but in no way can I listen to just them. Well, on the other hand, if some higher power would ask me to listen to just one band for the rest of my life, it undoubtedly would be Rush!!!

But how would I miss The Beatles, The Who, Floyd, Zep and a few hundred other great bands.

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 2

Back to the chicken...

"My Favourite Headache" is like chicken that has parts of it slightly overcooked. "Victor" is like trying to eat the chicken while it's still alive.

Yes yes I like the thought