How do I create a jpg slideshow for a smart tv?

blueschica

I am at my sister's in Florida because my brother in law passed away. I am hoping someone can help with this project we are trying to make for Tim's celebration of life/wake.

How do I make a slideshow (hopefully on a flash drive) that will automatically play a loop of family photos on a smart tv at the restaurant?

Do I have to turn them into an mp4 movie? Or avi movie? How do I do that on a Windows computer? I only know Macs. I know I could make a slide show on her laptop and plug that in but she would rather not bring the laptop. Thanks so much in advance!

The easiest way is to dump all the jpegs onto a USB drive, plug the drive into the TV's USB port (usually on the side of the cabinet), and the TV should detect the drive and then ask you what you want to do with it. On mine, for instance, a little window pops up asking me if I want to play the photos or music files that are on the drive. (Some newer TVs will also play video files.) You choose photos, and a thumbnail page should come up. Highlight and choose the first picture and it should display it full screen along with some kind of option menu. In that menu should be an option to view all the pics as a slideshow. It should also let you choose how slow or fast the slideshow will play.

If you want the pics to play in a particular order, you'll have to number them. Before you dump the files onto the USB drive, add "001" "002," etc. to the beginning of the file names.

• Like 5

Thank you sooooo much, 73!! That is exactly what I needed to hear. I had read somewhere that the tv would detect and play the photos but I needed to know how. Your answer is a huge help! Thanks again! :) :)