Eagles 'Greatest Hits' or Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'?

Texas King

Eagles 'Greatest Hits' or Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Eagles 'Greatest Hits' or Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'?

• Eagles - Greatest Hits
    • Michael Jackson - Thriller

These days RIAA stated that the Eagles compilation album beat the most successful album by 'The King of Pop' to number one best-selling album of all time in the USA.

Take your pick in this matchup.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2018/08/image.png?w=980&q=75

• Like 1

I don't understand why people hate the Eagles so much. I recently went through a binge of their albums. They have a lot of great songs.

This isn't entirely a fair match up since we're talking a greatest hits against a studio album. And country/soft rock vs. dance/funk, so it's sort of hard to compare them..

Still, I'm going with Thriller. It's pretty much a flawless album.

• Like 6

I don't understand why people hate the Eagles so much. I recently went through a binge of their albums. They have a lot of great songs.

This isn't entirely a fair match up since we're talking a greatest hits against a studio album. And country/soft rock vs. dance/funk, so it's sort of hard to compare them..

i enjoy the Eagles.....quite a lot.

saw them in concert.....fantastic show.

Hotel California (the album) will forever be with the greats.

Mick

• Like 4

I know a lot of Rush fans hate the Eagles because Don Henley had some shity things to say when they got back together in 02. Plus he's made it utterly clear the money means more to him than the craft. That said, you still have to go to Thriller and Back in Black. I can only imagine the royalty checks they are still receiving. Paul DiAnno of Iron Maiden Still makes a very healthy living off the royalties he gets for the 2 albums he did with them

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

Thriller. The Eagles are great at what they do, especially with Joe Walsh, but either were so overplayed around me that I can't listen anymore. Thriller is pop, but such unique pop, that it wins for me.
  • Like 1

I own one Eagles album - On the Border.

I've stood on that corner in Wilslow AZ.

Eddie Van Halen played with Michael Jackson.

Thriller is a freakin' great album.

• Like 1

Thriller.

I don't recall ever owning an Eagles album but I did have Thriller on vinyl when I was a kid. I'm kind of indifferent to The Eagles. I get why people got tired of them but if a song of theirs is playing I won't turn it off or anything.

Thriller is a whole different animal. A pop phenomenon that we will never see the likes of again. It's easy to get a greatest hits to sell millions but it's not easy to get a studio album to sell what Thriller did. It takes the perfect mix of songs and the right talent to pull them off to have such wide appeal. Michael Jackson was the only performer in the world who could make the album what it became.

• Like 1

Both albums are filled with very very good songs, but I just don;t feel any bond with the Eagles whatsoever .. And even though we're talking album vs album, Michael Jackson the icon, larger-than-life idol is all over those grooves and that makes the music itself a lot more interesting ... To me, the Eagles are tremendous songwriters, but the band just isn;t that magnetic or interesting

Winner: Thriller

• Like 1

Got to say...don't care for either.

I did enjoy the part of the reporting that said that the rally for the Eagles hadn't been updated done 2006, which calls the whole process into question...

• Like 1