The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Chara not playing tonight? :unsure: What did I miss?

A mystery. Maybe that puck he took off the foot the other night has something to do with it?

Well, he's day to day, so it can't be all that bad, and since they have about a week before the final... :madra:

Wow, this playoff season has been crazy and now it is going off the rails. Last night's game was a stinker, that is not right that an illegal goal gets counted. NHL apologizes again today for the mistake...fat lot of good that does. So this is 3 calls now that have benefited one team, seems a pattern here. I am not a conspiracy fan but something stinks here.

I can only hope that the Blues will recoup and get back in it, otherwise I am done with hockey for this year. If it is a Bruins v SJ final then I am out of here...cannot cheer for bullies or cheaters.

• Like 2

Well the Blues showed they are not ready to quit...4-2! Binnington had a much better game and the D came through with a couple of key goals.

Here's hoping they continue to win for the sake of this girl...

https://www.facebook...861683993/?t=15

Now let's see Carolina show some backbone and smack those Bruins....especially Marchand (main reason I cannot cheer for them, he's a punk)

It's not just for Brad Marchand, who does, and did licking to other hockey player's faces, too, which is, and has been a gross, and disgusting thing to do. There are, and have been a few other players on Boston's team like Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak, and Zdeno Chara, who I haven't liked, and the rest of the team. One, and another reason isn't because of my favorite, and number one N.H.L. team is, and has been the "Toronto Maple Leafs" either. I've said that this year's N.H.L. Playoffs have been even more unpredictable, and more, than last year's, too.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Wow, this playoff season has been crazy and now it is going off the rails. Last night's game was a stinker, that is not right that an illegal goal gets counted. NHL apologizes again today for the mistake...fat lot of good that does. So this is 3 calls now that have benefited one team, seems a pattern here. I am not a conspiracy fan but something stinks here.

I can only hope that the Blues will recoup and get back in it, otherwise I am done with hockey for this year. If it is a Bruins v SJ final then I am out of here...cannot cheer for bullies or cheaters.

All goals, especially game winning goals should be checked, and not the way Toronto does it. Sabres fans will agree with that, even though I was against the skate in crease thing they had at the time, but Boston-San Jose final looks good to me.
  • Like 1

Well the Blues showed they are not ready to quit...4-2! Binnington had a much better game and the D came through with a couple of key goals.

Now let's see Carolina show some backbone and smack those Bruins....especially Marchand (main reason I cannot cheer for them, he's a punk)

It's not just for Brad Marchand, who does, and did licking to other hockey players, too, which is, and has been a gross, and disgusting thing to do. There are, and have been a few other players on that team like Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak, and Zdeno Chara, who I haven't liked, and the rest of the team. One, and another reason isn't because of my favorite, and number one N.H.L. team is the "Toronto Maple Leafs" either.

But Rhyta just said to "smack those Bruins." A bit naughty, wouldn't you say, and part of the kingdom we call the NHL? :hockeygoon:
  • Like 2

Ed, I have a great memory, and I got this from the N.H.L. .com website. In game one, it says in the scoring that Charlie Coyle's goal wasn't an empty net one, but in a video it shows it was. In game three, it was decided by one goal as the final score was 2-1. Edited by Derek19

It's not just for Brad Marchand, who does, and did licking to other hockey players, too, which is, and has been a gross, and disgusting thing to do. There are, and have been a few other players on Boston's team like Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak, and Zdeno Chara, who I haven't liked, and the rest of the team. One, and another reason isn't because of my favorite, and number one N.H.L. team is, and has been the "Toronto Maple Leafs" either. I've said that this year's N.H.L. Playoffs have been even more unpredictable, and more, than last year's, too.

I can understand why you'd hate the Bruins, since they've ended the Maple Leafs' season a number of times. I can't understand saying you don't like the 3 particular players you named and suggesting that's another reason you don't like the Bruins. I would think it's the other way around. You don't like the Bruins, so you don't like their captain, assistant captain, and best offensive player. I don't hear too many people saying they don't respect Chara, Pastrnak and, particularly Bergeron, regardless of how they feel about the Bruins.

Three semi-final blowouts in a four-game sweep. That's some must-see tv, Rick!

:P

You got me there.

It's still great to watch them compete. Nobody quits in playoff hockey.
  • Like 1

In game one, there weren't any empty net goals. In game three, it was decided by one goal as the final score was 2-1.

Ummmm, I watched Brandon Coyle score an empty netter for the 4th goal. I may be old, but I should remember something from just 8 days ago...

But google it if you must....

It's not just for Brad Marchand, who does, and did licking to other hockey players, too, which is, and has been a gross, and disgusting thing to do. There are, and have been a few other players on Boston's team like Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak, and Zdeno Chara, who I haven't liked, and the rest of the team. One, and another reason isn't because of my favorite, and number one N.H.L. team is, and has been the "Toronto Maple Leafs" either. I've said that this year's N.H.L. Playoffs have been even more unpredictable, and more, than last year's, too.

I can understand why you'd hate the Bruins, since they've ended the Maple Leafs' season a number of times. I can't understand saying you don't like the 3 particular players you named and suggesting that's another reason you don't like the Bruins. I would think it's the other way around. You don't like the Bruins, so you don't like their captain, assistant captain, and best offensive player. I don't hear too many people saying they don't respect Chara, Pastrnak and, particularly Bergeron, regardless of how they feel about the Bruins.

Rick, I said exactly what I wanted to say before, which has nothing, and anything to do, with the Toronto Maple Leafs always being my favorite, and number one team. I've said that the whole Boston team plays dirty, and they do, too. I've named another team, who does, and I can name other ones, but I won't do that.

Rick, I said exactly what I wanted to say before, which has nothing, and anything to do, with the Toronto Maple Leafs always being my favorite, and number one team. I've said that the whole Boston team plays dirty, and they do, too. I've named another team, who does, and I can name other ones, but I won't do that.

I'll be 100% full disclosure honest here. I've only really been into hockey for the last 3 or 4 years. But to say the whole Boston team plays dirty is just ignorant. Marchand is a rat for sure. But the rest of the team plays the right way. You've got your own issues in Toronto with your dirtbag Kadri.

• Like 1

You're the first and only person I've ever heard say Bergeron is a dirty player.

You're the first and only person I've ever heard say Bergeron is a dirty player.

Bergeron's a dirty player.

;P

• Like 1

;P

You’re the second nut I’ve heard call Bergeron a dirty player.

• Like 1

;P

You’re the second nut I’ve heard call Bergeron a dirty player.

https://www.letsgobruins.net/2016/03/29/pair-of-bruins-voted-1-2-for-dirtiest-players-in-t/

Bergeron doesn't make the dirty 2016 players list (Marchand does!), but comes in as the #2* "pain in the ass" to play against. :LOL:

(* if getting 9% of the vote behind four other that got 11% respectively can be described as "second place")

• Like 2