The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Hedman and Stralman not being able to play had to be a huge key. Jackets were running around in Tampa's zone without punishment. Still, this beats Hawks-North Stars 1991...beats it by a mile. :wacko: And to think Columbus was thinking about trading Bobrowsky and Panarin at the deadline. :wacko: :wacko:
  • Like 3

Well thats it!!! It was a hell of a regular season and it was a hell of a regular season...

:( :( :( :( :(

Oh well there's always next season... :sigh:

My condolences, CMM! The Bolts' loss was certainly unexpected. (For the record, I've really disliked the Blue Jackets since 2016 when their farm team, the Ice Monsters, swept our Hershey Bears in the finals to win the AHL Calder Cup.) What a great season the Bolts gave you and now they are more playoff experienced for next year.

lxDuCTPm.jpg 4ydsMXXm.jpg

python-enguin-explode-isles.gif

Congrats to your Islanders! I had hopes for the Pens when Guentzel scored early but it was not to be. :( Great series for the Isles!

The core of the Pens have been together a long time and have had many long seasons with lots of playoff games, including two Cups in the past three years. Thirteen straight years making the playoffs. That's a lot of extra games every season. It looks like it's finally catching up with you guys.

• Like 1

python-enguin-explode-isles.gif

Congrats to your Islanders! I had hopes for the Pens when Guentzel scored early but it was not to be. :( Great series for the Isles!

The core of the Pens have been together a long time and have had many long seasons with lots of playoff games, including two Cups in the past three years. Thirteen straight years making the playoffs. That's a lot of extra games every season. It looks like it's finally catching up with you guys.

I am very happy for your Islanders! Amazing sweep! Incredible it was done against the Pens.

The Pens destroyed my Shucks in the Stanley Cup.

Now they are being man handled again in the playoffs by the Golden Knights.

My heart has been crushed every year for decades so at least I am "Comfortably Numb."

Love,

Pink Floyd

• Like 2

Unbelievable upset of Tampa. Opens the road up if the Leafs can get by Boston.

Especially with Columbus playing the Leafs/Bruins winner.
  • Like 3

With Tampa Bay, and Pittsburgh being eliminated in the first round already, and early, a lot of this the 2018/19 N.H.L. Playoff brackets have been killed, and mixed up. Edited by Derek19

Watching the San Jose-Vegas game, and they just played "Xanadu" over the speakers. :rush:

Didn't realize that Olivia Newton John was popular in San Jose.

• Like 4

BIFF! BAM! POW! Holy cross check Buttman, what are you going to do to Nazem Kadri?

My .02 immediate 3 game suspension and a fat fine. What say you, m8's?

Done for the rest of the Bruins series. As it was his 5th suspension, I thought he'd at least get double what they gave him last year (3 games) but I guess he caught a bit of a break. Dunno why. :huh:

Leafs played well in game 3, which was a bit of a surprise, but I sense another Leaf Meltdown ahead. Maybe. Hopefully! :P

Isles look damn good. Go Trotz!

And gotta say that I'm really happy for Mark Stone. To go from Melnyk's Shit-show to notching 8 playoff goals is nice to see. :yes:

4 assists too, I think.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/747391/97d20467d731ac7_900-477x640.jpg

Nova Scotia's pride and joy :LOL:

Watching the San Jose-Vegas game, and they just played "Xanadu" over the speakers. :rush:

Didn't realize that Olivia Newton John was popular in San Jose.

How is that not common knowledge?

Multiple source reports stating Detroit to announce hiring of former captain Steve Yzerman as Red Wings GM. Press conference scheduled for 3 pm.
  • Like 1

Well thats it!!! It was a hell of a regular season and it was a hell of a regular season...

My condolences, CMM! The Bolts' loss was certainly unexpected. (For the record, I've really disliked the Blue Jackets since 2016 when their farm team, the Ice Monsters, swept our Hershey Bears in the finals to win the AHL Calder Cup.) What a great season the Bolts gave you and now they are more playoff experienced for next year.

lxDuCTPm.jpg 4ydsMXXm.jpg

Looks like my Caps are going to melt down and meet you guys on the golf course.

• Like 2

I am shocked the Bolts got swept, sorry that has to hurt. :facepalm: :eh:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1