The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Panik decides to hurt us. :moon: Coyotes 1 Hawks 0

P :cool: E :cool: R :cool: L :cool: I :cool: N :cool: I :bang bang: Hawks 1 Coyotes 1

S :dweez: A :dweez: A :dweez: D :cosmo: Hawks 2 Coyotes 1

P :bang bang: E :bang bang: R :bang bang: L :bang bang: I :bang bang: N :bang bang: I :popcorn: Hawks 3 Coyotes 1

K :blink: U :blink: N :blink: I :blink: T :blink: Z :nya nya: Hawks 4 Coyotes 1

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E Hawks 5 Coyotes 1

T :drool: O :drool: E :drool: W :drool: S Hawks 6 Coyotes 1

P :notworthy: E :notworthy: R :notworthy: L :notworthy: I :notworthy: N :notworthy: I :finbar: Hawks 7 Coyotes 1

Final. :) 30-30-9

Well a very, very nice 6-2 smack down win over our Atlantic division Foe the Toronto Maple Leafs. Tampa came out (wearing their dark sweaters) like a buzz saw early!!! Even when it looked like the game would turn into another "lets hang on just enough not to lose" match, me Sticks of fire found another gear! At one point in the 2nd period me Bolts scored 2 goals within 30 seconds! That was enough for Toronto to pull their goalie Andersen who really looked dejected for being ejected :LOL: Highlights include Tyler Johnson & Cedric Paquette both scoring 2 goals. Both coming close on several occasions to getting the Hattie but unfortunately close only counts in horse shoes & hand grenades! It was very nice to see the sustained energy and the get after it mentality. Up next we travel to the Motor City to take on the Red Wings.

Tampa 53- 13- 4. 110pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

K :gumby: E :gumby: I :gumby: T :gumby: H :moose: Hawks 1 Leafs 0

P :cool: E :cool: R :cool: L :cool: I :cool: N :cool: I :bang bang: Hawks 2 Leafs 0

K :burger: A :burger: H :burger: U :burger: N :drool: Hawks 3 Leafs 0

S :smoke: A :smoke: A :smoke: D :rush: Hawks 4 Leafs 0

P :cool: E :cool: R :cool: L :cool: I :cool: N :cool: I :bang bang: Hawks 2 Leafs 0

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :macallan: Hawks 5 Leafs 0

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :macallan: Hawks 5 Leafs 0

After all the great stops by Crawford...this goes in. :sigh: Hawks 5 Leafs 1

I hate MSNBC. :moon: Hawks 5 Leafs 2
  • Like 1

Delia, get it together. :rage: Hawks 5 Leafs 3

That was intense few minutes. :facepalm: Hawks 5 Leafs 4

That was intense few minutes. :facepalm: Hawks 5 Leafs 4

Final. :chickendance: 31-30-9
  • Like 1

So with a super slow and sloppy start down 0-3 to the seemingly invigorated always entertaining Detroit Red Wings. Me Sticks Of Fire found their skates firmly under them and with speed & poise did what me bolts have been doing the majority of this record breaking season. They found a way to win! Topping the Wings 5-4! Nikita Kucherov lit the lamp twice & had two assists & 5 shots on goal in his 8th 4 point game of this season topping his point total to 115 with 35 goals on the season. One of Kucherov's assist was to Capt. Stephen Stamkos giving him his 383th career goal tying the Tampa Bay legend Vinny Lacavalier! Even though Detroit is way out of it they always find a special energy to play Tampa. Had this game been played last season Tampa would've more than likely dropped this one! It was a real treat to watch this club keep it's collective composure and keep their blades on the ice! Up next we have a real barn burner coming to town as we host the Stanley Cup Champions the Washington Capitals I believe this will be the 1st meeting since game 7 in last years Eastern Conference Finals! I bet both clubs will be skating with chips on their shoulders and I very much look forward to a very exciting game!

Tampa 54-13- 4. 112pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Wowzer! wOwzer! wOwzer! What a WIN! oh WHAT A WIN! Me Sticks Of fire Topping Washington 6-3! If the Caps thought they were going to find the same Lightning team they could push around physically intimidate they were in for a BIG surprise. Me sticks of fire had been improving all this season with their level of physicality! Even the Caps master goon T. Wilson was made humble by the new comers Mathieu Joseph & Erik Cernak. Those two were like a laser targeted hit squad on ole Goon Wilson. The heavy hitting (56 hits total, 33 for Tampa) started right out of the gate with Tampa eager to prove they had learned a valuable lesson from the last time these 2 teams met. Which of course was the Eastern Conference Finals last year. Yes Tampa was different and the Caps were a little different too but more on the coaching than star power on the ice. It was evident that B. Trotz philosophy of "Don't let them play their style & grind the game speed down" was but a flickering memory of this new Caps era! Trotz now is of course the new head coach of the much improved "73" Islanders that looks for certain we will meet in the post season :scared: ! Well for this 1st of a 3 game (within 10 daze) meeting it seemed me Bolts had all the answers. But as been proven before the team that is best capable of beating me Lightning is me Lightning themselves :finbar: The Caps although not having as good of a season as (less Ovechkin scoring his league leading 47th ((246th career PP Goal)) & 48th goal of the season which is an impressive feat! ) last year are still very much a formidable force in the NHL. So the Lightning better be even more prepared (as they appeared to be last night) the next meeting! Highlights include Alex "Killer" Killorn Getting a Hattie and a franchise record of the most Lightning wins & points in a season sitting at 55 with 10 games left to go! Next up we host the Coyotes of Arizona! Hopefully there will be more history writing then too!

Tampa 55-13-4. 114pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon!

Hawks 2 Canadiens 0 :chickendance: Crawford standing on his head. 48 saves. 32-30-9

I watched it on CBC (or City-TV?) and for whatever reason they played "Limelight" twice during the game.

Crawford was intense. Good game, although I was keeping one eye on the Leafs drawn-out implosion. wtf?

thumb_maple-leafs-playoff-beard-tag-a-leafs-fan-14339520.png

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

Canucks 3 Hawks 2 in OT. :sigh: Everything pointed to a Hawks win tonight. However the boys played a sloppy game. Good thing Tampa Bay helped out by beating Arizona. Four points out. 32-30-10
  • Like 1

Well where do I, where can I start about an awesome 4-1 win over a hungry young playoff bound Arizona Coyotes? Well I guess is the score may indicate that me Sticks Of Fire were up to their usual consistant high scoring play. But that really is not the case at all! Tampa started off shaky and a bit off allowing the Coyotes to score 1st. Most of the game the score was very, very close. 2-1 (Tampa) all the way to the last 2 minutes in the 3rd. Within that last 2 minute our Capt. took a delay of game minor. So the Coyotes pulled their goalie and it was 6 on 4. Then Cirelli got ahold of a lose puck from with a brilliant thieving move and from the defensive side of the blue line hoisted the puck to the wide open empty net. Within 30 seconds in the same situation Vasilevskiy hoisted the puck (to just about Tampa's offensive blue line) to a full speed Yanni Gourde for another empty netter with just about 20 seconds left! Which made the final score what it was. Yes as mentioned a bit misleading as the type of game. However those two empty net shots are destined for highlight reels! Now speaking of highlights. #1- Our capt. Stephen Stamkos became the all time Lightning franchise leading goal scorer with 384 goals in 709 games! It took Vinny L. over 1000 games to get to 383. #2- with last nights win me Lightning are Atlantic Div. Champs (with 9 games left to go!) #3- Me Bolts are the Eastern Conference Top Seed #4- Last but not least The Tampa Bay Lightning were awarded the Presidents Trophy :scared: !!! This is the 2nd fastest the Trophy has been awarded in NHL history! Whew! What a night!!! Next up we travel to DC to take on the Caps in game 2 of a 3 game mini series which most are touting as a preview to this years Stanley Cup Eastern Conference Finals... It will be interesting is an understatement!!

Tampa 56-13-4. 116pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

OMG what a game! What a game! What a 5-4 OT win for me Bolts over the Caps! This game had it all! Tension, scoring, defense & of course fighting! I was predicting the Caps would resort to "goon squad" tactics about .0010 of a second after the 1st faceoff. But they were much more reserved waiting til about the end of the 1st to start their shenanigans! Most probably due to the 1 goal lead they held. The 2nd period is when me Sticks Of Fire came to life at one point leading 3-1. Near the end of the 2nd it was the Caps turn to bring it on. Then with the score 4-3 in the final minutes the Caps scored to tie the game & force an OT period. About 3 minutes in Victor Hedman scored the winning goal. Highlights include Stamkos getting another goal to make his career total 385. Nikita Kucherov scored 2 goals & the second one was a thing of beauty. Next up game 2 of a road trip back to back and 8th remaining reg season match we travel to Carolina to take on the hurricanes.

Tampa 57-13-4. 118pts.

Lets GO Lighting!!

Yet another history writing event as me Sticks Of Fire top the hungry Carolina Hurricanes 6-3. It was another night where me Bolts appeared to be a little sluggish at the start and once again let their opponent jump out to an early lead. To be honest at this point it just seems no matter what game a team brings at me lightning or how off Tampa seems to be they are finding new ways to win. This night would prove no different as Carolina took the energy up a notch or two in the 2nd and taking the lead by 1! But just have others have learned when it comes to Lightning hockey "it ain't over til it's over!" That would be the last time the Hurricanes saw the lead as me Bolts schooled Carolina on what ratcheting up a game is all about. Highlights include Steven Stamkos scoring yet another goal bringing his career total to 387! Coach Jon Cooper earned his 300th win in a mere 500 games! Only the second time that has happened in the history of the NHL! There are so many other records and history making it is too much for me to even write in my blog (Please see link below) & there's stii 7 regular season games left! Up next we Travel to St. Luis to take on the Blues. We will see what way Tampa will find to cope with another club that undoubtedly will bring their best effort to the ice!

Tampa 58-13-4. 120pts

Lets GO Lightning

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rawcharge.com/platform/amp/2019/3/22/18276730/quick-strikes-tampa-bay-lightning-continue-to-win-and-re-write-the-history-books-nhl-news-links&ved=2ahUKEwjhxOvb65bhAhVJ1VkKHQfZBM8Q5ZMBMAN6BAgLEAU&usg=AOvVaw0jWUa3F779S-9cJsaHgpk0

• Like 1

Yet another history writing event as me Sticks Of Fire top the hungry Carolina Hurricanes 6-3. It was another night where me Bolts appeared to be a little sluggish at the start and once again let their opponent jump out to an early lead. To be honest at this point it just seems no matter what game a team brings at me lightning or how off Tampa seems to be they are finding new ways to win. This night would prove no different as Carolina took the energy up a notch or two in the 2nd and taking the lead by 1! But just have others have learned when it comes to Lightning hockey "it ain't over til it's over!" That would be the last time the Hurricanes saw the lead as me Bolts schooled Carolina on what ratcheting up a game is all about. Highlights include Steven Stamkos scoring yet another goal bringing his career total to 387! Coach Jon Cooper earned his 300th win in a mere 500 games! Only the second time that has happened in the history of the NHL! There are so many other records and history making it is too much for me to even write in my blog (Please see link below) & there's stii 7 regular season games left! Up next we Travel to St. Luis to take on the Blues. We will see what way Tampa will find to cope with another club that undoubtedly will bring their best effort to the ice!

Tampa 58-13-4. 120pts

Lets GO Lightning

https://www.google.c...779S-9cJsaHgpk0

What a year to remember for you and the Bolts! Onward!

• Like 1

Tampa 58-13-4. 120pts

Lets GO Lightning

https://www.google.c...779S-9cJsaHgpk0

What a year to remember for you and the Bolts! Onward!

Thank you blueschica!

You know barring any freak incidents I truly believe this is our year!

On another note one of our star forwards players got a 2 game suspension for a match penalty against the hurricanes. It's not the best way to get rested but I do predict a lot more rotations in the lineups.

• Like 1