The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 1 Bruins 1

Bad shift for Seabrook. :sigh: Hawks 1 Bruins 1

Who needs Pastrnak ? :eyeroll: Bruins 2 Hawks 1

Now Boston is thinking blow-out. :scared: Bruins 3 Hawks 1

Very frustrating. :moon: Bruins 4 Hawks 1

K :gumby: E :gumby: I :gumby: T :gumby: H :madra: Bruins 4 Hawks 2

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 1 Bruins 1

G :dweez: U :dweez: S :dweez: T :dweez: A :dweez: F :dweez: S :dweez: S :dweez: O :dweez: N :martini: Bruins 4 Hawks 3

G :dweez: U :dweez: S :dweez: T :dweez: A :dweez: F :dweez: S :dweez: S :dweez: O :dweez: N :martini: Bruins 4 Hawks 3

Delia with no chance. :facepalm: Bruins 5 Hawks 3
  • Like 1

Tick-Tack-Toe. :outtahere: Bruins 6 Hawks 3

He fell leaving a “restaurant.” :eyeroll:

I wonder if Crawford is his friend. ;)
  • Like 1

Tick-Tack-Toe. :outtahere: Bruins 6 Hawks 3

Final. 23-25-9

Well a little late with this but I have been beaming all day how me Bolts destroyed one of the best offensive teams in not only the west but the NHL this season. Topping the Falmes 6-3! In truth the 3 for Calgary is really misleading. One was from a 5 on 3 PP that was basically a gift from the officials. 1 was a well lets say skilled luckey shot off a loose puck where basically the Lightnings own defense was the screen in front of Vassy. The 3rd one came late when the game was all but over. So the score could've easily been 6-2 or even 6-1. Defense was on the Top order and a barrage of scoring spread throughout the ranks took charge of the task at hand. Talking about scoring me Bolts now have a league leading 223 goals incredible!! It was a very fun time to be in Amalie for sure. There was actually some Calgary fans sitting right behind me. They were actually from Calgary on vacation. They were very nice folks less the red sweaters :LOL: but all they did was praise what a nice arena Amalie was and how they were so impressed with the fact of the community support the Lightning have. They said " Where ever we have gone in this area we see Lightning flags, Banners on cars and buildings!" They went on to say "We don't see much of that at home!" It was really nice to hear from avid hockey fans from elsewhere take notice how this city embraces our Lightning and NHL hockey! Tampa truely has become a hockey town. Now if we could only get the mainstream (NHL) media to acknowledge that! ;) But that's another story altogether :LOL: Next up we host the Stars of Dallas and may see our ex-goalie Big Ben Bishop. But I heard he may be injured and not play.

Tampa 42-11-4. 88pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Holy Cow! Talk about destroying an opponent!! Me Bolts mopped the ice with the Dallas Stars 6-0. Another great night to be in Amalie! That is another shut out for our beast net minder Vasilevskiy who inches closer and closer to becoming the Lightnings all time shutout king! But it is just not Vassy making incredible saves it is really that everything is clicking for Tampa. These last 2 games certainly have proved why me Sticks Of Fire are the NHL's best and destined for great things. Could this truly be our year? Maybe so and definitely if they keep skating the way they are. As one hockey beat writer wrote about last nights game, "The win over Dallas shows how terrifying the Lightning can be when everything goes their way!" Last nights win provided the 90th point this season and Tampa still has 24 games left in the regular season to play!! Incredible!! I guess in the next few weeks I will be wondering about the curse of the Presidents Cup but that fortunately is still a wee bit out. Next up we host the Habs of Montreal Saturday night.

Tampa 43-11-4. 90pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

• Like 1

Well, Well, Well when a team is hot it is hot and it is really HOT in Tampa bay right now! Handing the Habs of Montreal a 3-0 shutout loss in a game packed with scrums. That is now 5 wins in a row & two back to back shutouts for our beast net minder Andrei Vasilevskiy. This 18th shutout (in 151 games played) has placed 24 year old Vassy in the most shutouts in franchise history! The 1st 2 periods of the game was pretty much a violent version of a chess match with the Habs having a goal erased for being off sides adding fuel to the fire. Then in the 3rd me Sicks of Fire turned up the intensity and scored 3 unanswered goals! Technically it should've been 4 but one goal got called back on one of the most BS goalie interference calls i have ever seen. No matter though, even when the Habs resorted to "goon squad" tactics it was not enough to counter what the Bolts were dishing out. The thing that impresses me regarding this season (vs last) is Tampa's physicality! I can really tell the difference in the brute style the Lightning have adopted. Especially when it comes to A. Erne E. Cernak & Y. Gourde. Still a lot of hockey to go but hopefully this Tampa team keeps this momentum going! Up next we travel to Columbus to take on the Blue jackets.

Tampa 42-11-4. 92pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Another great first period start. :eyeroll: Senators 1 Hawks 0

How long will Delia last? :unsure: Senators 2 Hawks 0

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Senators 2 Hawks 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Senators 2 Hawks 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :popcorn: Hawks 2 Senators 2

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :popcorn: Hawks 2 Senators 2

Get Delia out of there! :rage: Senators 3 Hawks 2

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 3 Senators 3

S :laughing guy: T :laughing guy: R :laughing guy: O :laughing guy: M :laughing guy: E :wacko: Hawks 4 Senators 3 Edited by blackhawkrush

S :laughing guy: T :laughing guy: R :laughing guy: O :laughing guy: M :laughing guy: E :wacko: Hawks 4 Senators 3

S :dweez: A :dweez: A :dweez: D :cosmo: Hawks 5 Senators 3

S :laughing guy: T :laughing guy: R :laughing guy: O :laughing guy: M :laughing guy: E :wacko: Hawks 4 Senators 3

S :dweez: A :dweez: A :dweez: D :cosmo: Hawks 5 Senators 3

Yes folks, we're still in the first period. :codger: Hawks 5 Senators 4