The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

G :dweez: U :dweez: S :dweez: T :dweez: A :dweez: F :dweez: S :dweez: S :dweez: O :dweez: N :cosmo: Hawks 1 Oilers 0

Open net, had to be converted. :sigh: Hawks 1 Oilers 1

Taking too many penalties. :codger: Oilers 2 Hawks 1

H :D-13: A :D-13: Y :D-13: D :D-13: E :D-13: N :martini: Hawks 2 Oilers 2

G :dweez: U :dweez: S :dweez: T :dweez: A :dweez: F :dweez: S :dweez: S :dweez: O :dweez: N :cosmo: Hawks 1 Oilers 0

S :kisshug: T :kisshug: R :kisshug: O :kisshug: M :kisshug: E :digi: Hawks 3 Oilers 2

S :kisshug: T :kisshug: R :kisshug: O :kisshug: M :kisshug: E :digi: Hawks 3 Oilers 2

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 4 Oilers 2

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 4 Oilers 2

C :hug2: A :hug2: G :hug2: G :hug2: I :hug2: U :hug2: L :hug2: A :blush: Hawks 5 Oilers 2

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E Hawks 4 Oilers 2

C :hug2: A :hug2: G :hug2: G :hug2: I :hug2: U :hug2: L :hug2: A :blush: Hawks 5 Oilers 2

K :16ton: A :16ton: H :16ton: U :16ton: N :rose: Hawks 6 Oilers 2

S :kisshug: T :kisshug: R :kisshug: O :kisshug: M :kisshug: E Hawks 3 Oilers 2

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E Hawks 4 Oilers 2

K :16ton: A :16ton: H :16ton: U :16ton: N :rose: Hawks 6 Oilers 2

Final. :) 21-24-9

Well a disappointing out come of a pretty decent hockey game with me Bolts falling to the Golden Nights in a 32 Shootout. It was fun to be in the building & to have the boys back at Amalie after 2 weeks have passed since the last home game. Tampa lit the lamp 1st (in the 1st) then had a no goal call overturned for a good goal in the second period. But once again the new trend of letting the opponents get back in the game reared it's ugly head. Tampa let Vegas score 2 goals and then played threw the OT period warding off 2 power plays to go to the shootout. Me bolts had plenty of PP opportunities but only scoring on 1 out of 5 power plays does not help your cause. Tampa's PK was good (0-3) but 2 pucks got passed Vassy at 5 on 5. one scary (for Vegas) was a complete slobber knocker of a (clean) hit on Ryan Carpenter into the boards by Cedric Paquette. Carpenter skated wobbly to the dressing room and did not return. Up next we host the Blues of St.Louis.

Tampa 39-11-3. 81pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

Hawks 4 Canucks 3 in OT. :sundog: Toews, DeBrincat, Kane all in on the action. My worry is these guys are going to run out of gas, being double-shifted in every game, in order to win games. :unsure: 22-24-9

Are me Bolts on a bit of a slump? After dropping 2 in a row for the 1st time in almost as long as I can remember maybe so! Tampa loses to the Blues 1-0 in OT! So if we are in a slump I would rather it rear it's ugly little head now than down the stretch! The Lightning also donned a new look which was a black on black ensemble with grey name plates and numbers. The new duds were eerily similar to what the home (dark) team Atlantic jerseys looked like. I like black as part of a color scheme but these seemed too much and too plain. It didn't help the fact that the team played like duds in them as well. Next up we host the blueschica penguins Saturday night. They did announce on the telly that the new look for Tampa will make regular appearances on (home) Saturday games for the rest of the season. Hopefully with better results for the home crowd :yes:

Tampa 39-11-4. 82pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Well a very nice 5-4 hold on win over the blueschica Penguins for me Bolts last night! Things were pretty reserved as far as intensity goes until about the 12 minute mark in the 2nd period. Then it seemed the "gloves came off" literally like at least 3 times if not 4 there was "gloves off fighting" as the aggression factor kept ratcheting up. There was a lot of Black & Yellow in Amalie last night including one of me seat mates who is a native of Pittsburgh. He roots for the Lightning and considering he too is a Lightning season ticket holder I kept the bantering down to a respectable level :LOL: That is something that Tampa fans deal with a lot here. considering Florida is the melting pot of the contiguous U. S. most everybody is from elsewhere. the will support the local team (some even financially) but when their home town team visits they'll root for them. Any way one of my favorite things to remind the Pens fans was even if they won last night me bolts would still be securely in 1st place. Of course I didn't want to see my team lose 3 in a row it by far would've not been the end of the season. But thankfully I didn't have to see them lose while seeing some goal scoring return to the mix! It's funny I was talking to my Granddaughter as we were walking back to the car as she was commenting on how many fights there were. I said that tonight's game kind of like represented the season and how things have and will play out. In the beginning there is reserved intensity but after the 1/2 way mark the intensity vastly increases. There is still a long road to hoe! Up next in night 2 of a back to back we travel south to take on the Panthers.

Tampa 40-11-4. 84pts.

Lets GO lightning!!

K :dweez: A :dweez: H :dweez: U :dweez: N :martini: Hawks 1 Wings 0

S :D-13: T :D-13: R :D-13: O :D-13: M :D-13: E :drool: Hawks 2 Wings 0

Kane turnover. :sigh: Hawks 2 Wings 1

K :notworthy: A :notworthy: H :notworthy: U :notworthy: N :finbar: Hawks 3 Wings 1

K :notworthy: A :notworthy: H :notworthy: U :notworthy: N :finbar: Hawks 3 Wings 1

This looked like a 5 on 3. :facepalm: Hawks 3 Wings 2

K :LOL: A :LOL: N :LOL: E :7up: Hawks 4 Wings 2

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :16ton: Hawks 5 Wings 2

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :16ton: Hawks 5 Wings 2

Final. :cosmo: 23-24-9

Well not nearly as much excitement that there was in Saturdaze win over the blueschica Penguins in last nights 5-2 win over the Panthers. However a win in back to backs while starting a win streak is very nice. Once again our goal scoring came to life and I am for one glad! Those 0-0 going into OT games are just too much to take :LOL: Highlights include the return of Kucherov scores! It has been a while since he scored, 10 games if I am not mistaken. Getting 2 of the 5 also put him back as points leader (I believe). Up next we host the Red Hot Flames of Calgary Tuesday night.

Tampa 41-11-4. 86pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

• Like 1

We saw two excellent Hershey Bears games over the weekend- they swept the Charlotte Checkers, who are the leading team in the AHL. It was a lot of fun to be there- Go Bears!

Pens had a great night tonight against the Flyers with two records being set- Matt Murray made 50 saves- a career high. Kris Letang scored in the third period and with that, passed Paul Coffee for most goals by a Pens defenseman. Crosby, Guentzel, and Bjugstad also scored for a 4-1 win. Nice for the Pens to have a win after 4 losses, although no one in the Metropolitan division has close to the 86 points that CMM's Bolts have!

• Like 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 1 Bruins 1

Bad shift for Seabrook. :sigh: Hawks 1 Bruins 1

Who needs Pastrnak ? :eyeroll: Bruins 2 Hawks 1
  • Like 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 1 Bruins 1

Now Boston is thinking blow-out. :scared: Bruins 3 Hawks 1
  • Like 1

Now Boston is thinking blow-out. :scared: Bruins 3 Hawks 1

Very frustrating. :moon: Bruins 4 Hawks 1
  • Like 1