The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

1:28 in, guess who scored... :unsure: Knights 1 Hawks 0

Crawford pissed off. :rage: Knights 2 Hawks 0

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Knights 2 Hawks 1

S :D-13: T :D-13: R :D-13: O :D-13: M :D-13: E :cosmo: Hawks 2 Knights 2

A :dweez: N :dweez: I :dweez: S :dweez: I :dweez: M :dweez: O :dweez: V :coffee: Hawks 3 Knights 2

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Knights 2 Hawks 1

A :dweez: N :dweez: I :dweez: S :dweez: I :dweez: M :dweez: O :dweez: V :coffee: Hawks 3 Knights 2

Crawford. :facepalm: Hawks 3 Knights 3

Seabrook. :facepalm: Knights 4 Hawks 3

Seabrook. :facepalm: Knights 4 Hawks 3

Final. 9-16-5

Seattle gets a team, #32. They'll probably be champs in 2021.

Congrats to Seattle! Some of the names for the team that have been tossed around;

Metropolitans, Sock Eyes, Steel Heads, Totems, & Krackens...

:unsure:

Metropolitans makes sense. I wonder if they decide to claim the 1917 Cup, even though that wasn't won under the NHL logo.

I vote for the Totems, they have had a team under that name in the minors for years. Remember the old Western Hockey League and our team the Salt Lake Golden Eagles played the Seattle Totems. Fun times and good memories. Krakens sounds silly to me IMHO

If they're going to name the team after a Rush song, they should at least pick a good one.

I like Totem! One of my faves off T4E

Congrats to Seattle! Some of the names for the team that have been tossed around;

Metropolitans makes sense. I wonder if they decide to claim the 1917 Cup, even though that wasn't won under the NHL logo.

I vote for the Totems, they have had a team under that name in the minors for years. Remember the old Western Hockey League and our team the Salt Lake Golden Eagles played the Seattle Totems. Fun times and good memories. Krakens sounds silly to me IMHO

If they're going to name the team after a Rush song, they should at least pick a good one.

I like Totem! One of my faves off T4E

• Like 1

Seattle is not big on religion, so I expect there's a better chance they'll call the team Seattle Sweet Miracles.

Other names bandied about are Sockeyes, Steelheads (already a team in Idaho). I liked the totem logo the old team used, an actual totem pole. They will have time to choose, won't be in until 2021 season.

Yeah, I still don't get firing Q, the new guy doesn't impress me at all. See him yelling at the players on the bench a lot. Don't think that approach is helping. It is sad to see this devolve in front of us each game. Crow is making great saves but the defense just isn't the same and it shows... :sigh:

A couple of games ago, Colliton called out his team for lack of competing. The players responded by giving up three goals in the first six minutes of the following game. That tells you where this thing is headed. It's possible that they're just not good enough to give the coach what he wants. Either way, we're in trouble.

Rumor has it one of the 4 (Keith, Seabrook, Toews, and Kane) may be on the block soon. Bowman got them in debt with high salaries and will sacrifice someone soon. Wish his head was on the block. I saw how mad Crawford was last night and I don't blame him, he can't save everything when the defense in front of him is like swiss cheese.

I think Kane looks like he is tired all the time, there is no spark. Last year he was trying to be all over the place and make lots of passes, now he is doing ok but not fired up. Toews did lots of working out over the off-season and has been working hard but he can't win games by himself. Strome has been a good addition, maybe he and DeBrincat can be a catalyst.

That coach is a joke, he has one year under his belt and he is supposed to save the team? What was Bowman thinking? :facepalm: :eyeroll:

Edited by Rhyta

Seattle is not big on religion, so I expect there's a better chance they'll call the team Seattle Sweet Miracles.

Other names bandied about are Sockeyes, Steelheads (already a team in Idaho). I liked the totem logo the old team used, an actual totem pole. They will have time to choose, won't be in until 2021 season.

What about The Trees or the Chain Lightning, or the Between, Beneath, and Behinds (their opponents would be afraid to go into the corners, which would be an advantage), the Red Barchettas, or the Headlong Flights (of their opponents into the boards)?

• Like 1

What about The Trees or the Chain Lightning, or the Between, Beneath, and Behinds (their opponents would be afraid to go into the corners, which would be an advantage), the Red Barchettas, or the Headlong Flights (of their opponents into the boards)?

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

Okay a bit late on this but I have been beaming all day with "How bout them BOLTS" as the forefront thought on me brain today! A very nice 3-2 win over the Bruins of Boston! This win helps add to a little building cushion of being the sustained Numero Uno (Number 1) team in the NHL!!! Of course there is still the meat & potatoes of the season left to go but if things keep on this pace I can only imagine the outcome!! Highlights include a 5 game win streak (highest win streak for me bolts this season), 117 goals for (now 10 more than any other team) & our #2 net minder continuing to improve warding off 35 shots on goal while only letting 2 get by him improving his SV% to .943! Up up next we host the West's central division #2 Avalanche of Colorado.

Tampa 22-7-1. 45pts.

Lets GO Lighting!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

What can I say? :huh: A 1st place team playing 1st place style hockey! In a complete rout me Sticks Of Fire hand the Avalanche of Colorado a humbling 7-1 loss! What a game to see as 2 Lightning players on the cusp of hat tricks (Stamkos & Palat) & everything else clicking! Also another excellent night for our backup starting net minder Louis Domingue warding off 29 out of 30 shots on goal and improving his rating SV% @.967. What a joy it was to be in Amalie for a win like this! I can only hope this intensity style keeps on keeping on all the way into June! Up next we host the Rangers of NY.

Tampa 23-7-1. 47pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Murphy is back. :chickendance: Canadiens 1 Hawks 0

And then there's Weber. :P Canadiens 2 Hawks 0

K :blink: A :blink: N :blink: E ;) Canadiens 2 Hawks 1

K :notworthy: A :notworthy: N :notworthy: E :popcorn: Hawks 2 Canadiens 2

I think we found a new way to lose. :facepalm: Canadiens 3 Hawks 2

Final. 9-17-5

Talk about Sticks OF Fire! Me Bolts are Hot!! A very, very nice 6-3 win over the Rangers of NY! Everything seems to be clicking as Tampa is now on a 7game win streak! The 1st place cushion grows and grows! Highlights of last night include our captian Steven Stamkos scoring his 700th career goal and also getting a Hattie in the same game! Some other good news is our #1 beast netminder Vasilevskiy has returned to practice and could be back in a mere couple of weeks! Our starting backup L. Domingue has done a more than adequate job but it will be nice to see Vassy back! Up next we host our division rival who have beek skating not so shabby themselves the Leafs of Toronto.

Tampa 24-7-1. 49pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Getting ready to watch the Hawks & Pens just to see how the other 1/2 lives :P

In all honesty I am getting a little anxious regarding the Leafs coming to town tomorrow night. Hopefully me Bolts will finish with an 8 game win streak. On another Lightning note it looks like we will have our beast net minder Vasilevskiy back :yay: as soon as tomorrow (but realistically Sunday)...