The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

I am in total shock! I have been very busy as of late but just found out via social media that our beastly beast goalie Vasilevskiy is out indefinitely :o :boohoo: It seems some sort of foot injury was sustained during practice Wednesday (11/14). The Lightning are being pretty tight lipped about the severity of the injury. Some teammates quoted that at first he could not bear any weight but after icing it down he felt fine. Vassy will return to Tampa for further evaluation. Net minding will fall to our adequate back up Louis Domingue. The bolts also call up Eddie Pasquale from the AHL. I just hope Vassy recovers quickly. :scared:

Maybe you will have a Matt Murray step up! Although this year, Matt Murray is having trouble being Matt Murray, and was benched for the last three games in favor of Casey DeSmith. Pens are reporting that Murray will be back tonight, though, against your Bolts. May the best team win!

• Like 1

Pens against CMM's Bolts tonight! Pens are having some shake ups since they have lost 5 out of the last 6 games. Carl Hagelin was traded yesterday for Tanner Pearson of the Los Angeles Kings. Speedy Hagelin was having trouble with his scoring this year (only one goal and two assists so far this season) and Pearson is younger and cheaper, and had 15 goals last season and 24 the year before that. I hope the trade works out for both!
  • Like 1

I am in total shock! I have been very busy as of late but just found out via social media that our beastly beast goalie Vasilevskiy is out indefinitely :o :boohoo: It seems some sort of foot injury was sustained during practice Wednesday (11/14). The Lightning are being pretty tight lipped about the severity of the injury. Some teammates quoted that at first he could not bear any weight but after icing it down he felt fine. Vassy will return to Tampa for further evaluation. Net minding will fall to our adequate back up Louis Domingue. The bolts also call up Eddie Pasquale from the AHL. I just hope Vassy recovers quickly. :scared:

Maybe you will have a Matt Murray step up! Although this year, Matt Murray is having trouble being Matt Murray, and was benched for the last three games in favor of Casey DeSmith. Pens are reporting that Murray will be back tonight, though, against your Bolts. May the best team win!

Thank you for an optimistic wish for our goalie Mrs. Blues ;) All of us (so so hockey fans :LOL: ) down here took pause in anxiety today. I know our team will make the adjustments needed to keep a winning team on the ice. Domingue is adequate but is no Vassy so i am sure those in front will have to step up and those in the back will have to work wee a bit extra. Hopefully it will not be a long absence or God forbid season ending.

Lets GO lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

• Like 1

Thank you for an optimistic wish for our goalie Mrs. Blues ;) All of us (so so hockey fans :LOL: ) down here took pause in anxiety today. I know our team will make the adjustments needed to keep a winning team on the ice. Domingue is adequate but is no Vassy so i am sure those in front will have to step up and those in the back will have to work wee a bit extra. Hopefully it will not be a long absence or God forbid season ending.

Lets GO lightning!!!

Domingue did well! At least I got to see my favorite Phil Kessel score a goal. :). Congrats on the 4-3 win!

• Like 1

Well it was a very nice Lightning 4-3 win over the blueschica penguins last night. Once again my bolts let their opponents score 1st letting the boys black & gold go up by two. Now by the end of the 1st this contest turned into who can get the most penalties in the shortest amount of time!

I mean if this was a football game the ice woulds been littered with yellow ( terrible towel :P ) hankies! Then me Bolts came on with a vengence in the 2nd and held on in the 3rd. Highlights include Brayden Point getting a natural Hat trick in 91 seconds. That length of time makes it the 6th fastest in NHL history, the 2nd fastest since the expansion era and the second fastest for a visiting team. Up next we travel to the city of brotherly hatred to take on the Flyers of Philly.

Tampa 13-5-1. 27pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Scary :scared: scary :scared: 6-5 OT win for me Bolts! For the 1st time (this should probably be a highlight :LOL: )in 11 games Tampa didn't let their opponents take the lead ( or even score a goal) in the 1st period :yay: ! Once again the 2nd period is aka "Beast Mode" for me Sticks Of Fire! Then as usual seeming as it is left to hold on in the 3rd letting the Flyers to tie it 5 all! In OT #71 Cirelli scores the OT goal! Highlights include Brayden Point scoring 2 goals and back up/starting goalie L. Domingue did a good job of keeping the win within reach even after Philly imployed some goon squad tactics. Also with this 2nd of 3 road wins Tampa retains #1 status of division leaders While resuming league leaders being 1 point ahead of Toronto and 2 ahead of Nashville. Up next we travel to. Tennessee to take on the Predators of Nashville..

Tampa 14-5-1. 29pts.

Lets go Lightning!!

Scary :scared: scary :scared: 6-5 OT win for me Bolts! For the 1st time (this should probably be a highlight :LOL: )in 11 games Tampa didn't let their opponents take the lead ( or even score a goal) in the 1st period :yay: ! Once again the 2nd period is aka "Beast Mode" for me Sticks Of Fire! Then as usual seeming as it is left to hold on in the 3rd letting the Flyers to tie it 5 all! In OT #71 Cirelli scores the OT goal! Highlights include Brayden Point scoring 2 goals and back up/starting goalie L. Domingue did a good job of keeping the win within reach even after Philly imployed some goon squad tactics. Also with this 2nd of 3 road wins Tampa retains #1 status of division leaders While resuming league leaders being 1 point ahead of Toronto and 2 ahead of Nashville. Up next we travel to. Tennessee to take on the Predators of Nashville..

Tampa 14-5-1. 29pts.

Lets go Lightning!!

Cirelli's GWG was sick. :notworthy:
  • Like 1

Well a another disappointing 3-2 loss to the Predators last night. In unusual fashion Tampa scored 1st in the 1st then kind of slacked off through to the 3rd. Then me bolts came on with a vengeance in the 3rd but unfortunately all a little too late. This loss has a little more sting to it as Tampa went from being 1st in the east and tied for 1st in the league down to 2nd in the east and 3rd in the league. We were daown some key players but most of our core group just couldn't bring it home on this 2-2 road trip.

Next up we host the Panthers of Florida starting a 5 game home stand...

Tampa 14-6-1. 29pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Pens goalie Matt Murray has struggled with different injuries so far this year and was placed on injured reserve today. Tristan Jarre has been called up from baby Pens to back up DeSmith. I hope Murray can get healed, he's a young guy.

Well this is a little late for a report on Wednesday's 7-3 trouncing of the Panther of Fl. But it was a crazy day at CMM's home yesterday for Thanksgiving. I hope all of you had the happiest of Thanksgiving's too. Anyhoo me Sticks of Fire were just that! With 7 goals coming from 7 different skaters. One of them from our super impressive rookie (#7) Mathieu Joseph. This kid is truly gifted and a real treat to watch. On another note the win help me Bolts get back to 1st place in the east by one point over the Leafs and the surging Sabors (which we host Thursday). Up next (tonight) we host the blawkhawkrush Blackhawks!

Tampa 15-6-1. 31pts.

Let's GO Lightning!!

Lightning 4 Hawks 2 :16ton: After Washington, I thought this would be more of the same, but I didn't expect identical score-line. Yet again, we quickly fall behind and then try to crawl back into the game. Very frustrating. 8-10-5

Nice 4-2 win over the blackhawkrush Blackhawks last night. In a strange new style of play all the Lightning scoring came in the 1st period! Then it was hang on till the end. Tyler Johnson had 2 and a couple of chances to get the hattie but it never happened. I am glad to see me Bolts moving away from the spotting the opponent's goals in the 1st but I would still like to see a balanced attack throughout all 3 periods. But as long as Tampa keeps winning it's all good :LOL: On another note our backup starting goalie Louis Domingue seems to be adjusting well to the starting role quite nicely. He really had some nice saves during a 32 shot on goal onslaught last night! However I will be happy to see Vassy back net minding hopefully 3-4 weeks. This win also helps propel us back into a tie with Nashville for league leaders and provide a 3 point lead in the east. Next up we host the Devils of NJ in game 4 of a 5 game home stand.

Tampa 16-6-1. 33pts

Let's Go Lightning!!

Hawks 5 Panthers 4 in OT. :) It was 4-2 bad guys again, but the team turned it on in the third. Badly needed win, when considering what awaits us next week...Vegas, Winnipeg and Nashville. 9-10-5

Another nice 5-2 win over the Devils of NJ last night. The new trend of scoring most of the goals in the 1st period continues as Tampa scored 4 of the 5 in the 1st period. One of the goal NJ was awarded should not have even been a goal as there was clearly goalie interfernce. Brian Boyle snuck in behind net minder Domingue pushed him from behind out of the crease to open a window for the goal. I do not know what the officials were looking at but in the end it made little difference. Up next we host the Ducks of Anaheim.

Tampa 17-6-1. 35pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Knights 8 Hawks 3 :facepalm: Vegas, a much better team than Chicago in strategy and heart. Embarrassing. 9-11-5

Yeah, watched that game, had to have been painful for ya.
  • Like 2

:facepalm: What a lousy 3-1 loss to the Ducks of Anaheim last night. I did fear a let down/ look past effort but wOw did me bolts look more out of sync than I jave seen in a while. The Lightning skated like they wanted to make it a game with at times a 2 to 1 SOG ratio. However they didn't connect when they needed to or score when the should of. At one point even having a 40+ secong 5 on 3 power play. Me Bolts will have real challengs as we host the white hot Sabors of Buffalo who are on a 10 win in a row roll.

Tampa 17-7-1. 35pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!