The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

That was a good game tonight, no bad hits or questionable penalties. Bennington rose to the occasion tonight and the Blues kept the Perfection line from scoring. I do feel bad for Rask, the fans are going to be ragging on him. He can't win the game by himself, the whole team has to take their lumps.

Thought it was very classy for the Blues to fly Lalia and her mother in to see the game. She's the 11 year old patient (her disease makes a person’s white blood cells attack other cells, severely affecting one’s immune system) that became friends with Parayko. He took her down on the ice and he kissed her and she kissed the Cup. Had me crying :sigh: :yes:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Tonight's N.H.L. Stanley Cup Final game seven, was a very good one. The St. Louis Blues put on a showcase. What they did for Laila, and her mom Heather by flying the both of them to Boston to see game seven live in person was nice, and special. Even having Laila, included in hoisting the Stanley Cup, with the St. Louis Blues' team on the ice was sweet, too.
  • Like 1

Congratulations to the Blues and their fans. Game 7 wasn’t a heavy game. The Blues just outplayed the Bruins. People are defending Rask, but the job of a heroic goalie is to bail your defense out and accordingly put pressure on the other goalie to be perfect. Rask failed, as he always does in the clutch, Binnington didn’t fail. He was brilliant. The Blues won 3 road games. They deserved to win.

• Like 3

Even though I was only able to see the 1st period the BLUES throughingly defeated the BRUINS. 

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BLUES and their fans. The Blues earned and deserved this win, waiting some 50 years to get the Cup. 

I'm especially happy for that Blues fan whose ILL, I think her name is Laila. She must feel like shes on top of this world. Now if she can just rid herself from her illness all will be swell in St Louis. I hope their fans party like its 2099 cause this win was a long time in coming to the city .

• Like 3

2-0 Blues 0:07 1st

That first goal was a fantastic re-direct by O'Reilly!

The second goal came off a horrible defensive play by Marchand...leaving for a change in the middle of an attack? I know the shift had gone long, but game 7, ya know?

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Go Elites! :ebert:

boston-bruins-fans1.jpg?w=420

word.

Win or lose, they're gonna burn some stuff.

Also, blackhawkrush, I notice several white supremacists in your signature picture. I'd find a different one if I were you. :LOL:

No riots, by the way.

:pussy: s
  • Like 1

2-0 Blues 0:07 1st

That first goal was a fantastic re-direct by O'Reilly!

The second goal came off a horrible defensive play by Marchand...leaving for a change in the middle of an attack? I know the shift had gone long, but game 7, ya know?

There were 10 seconds left in the f*cking period! Gregory Campbell fought through a f*cking shattered leg on a PK!

THAT'S YOUR MAN ENTERING THE F*CKING ZONE!

word.

Also, blackhawkrush, I notice several white supremacists in your signature picture. I'd find a different one if I were you. :LOL:

No riots, by the way.

:LOL:

You're right. I'll go out and smash a window after my meeting today. :)

"Witnesses at the scene reported that a middle aged white male, in a a blue suit, threw a brick through the window before running away shouting, 'goose that's for you! F-ing Rask!'"

word.

No riots, by the way.

You're right. I'll go out and smash a window after my meeting today. :)

"Witnesses at the scene reported that a middle aged white male, in a a blue suit, threw a brick through the window before running away shouting, 'goose that's for you! F-ing Rask!'"

Did anyone watch the Cup presentation? The players were mic'ed, and it was an hilarious sequence of "f**k yeah"s and "f***in' A"s as each player made his loop with the Cup. :LOL:
  • Like 2

Did anyone watch the Cup presentation? The players were mic'ed, and it was an hilarious sequence of "f**k yeah"s and "f***in' A"s as each player made his loop with the Cup. :LOL:

I posted on Facebook about that. They had to go to commercial so they can insert the 7-second delay. Some of my butt hurt Bruins friends made comments about the lack of class. I reminded them they weren't so upset when Brady did it after the Super Bowl

• Like 2

So how do they determine whose names go on the cup? Is it just the players who are on the roster for the clinching game? Or anyone who played in that series? Each team made healthy scratches to make room for players returning from injury 4 for game 7

So how do they determine whose names go on the cup? Is it just the players who are on the roster for the clinching game? Or anyone who played in that series? Each team made healthy scratches to make room for players returning from injury 4 for game 7

Per Wiki...

"Must have played, or have dressed as the backup goaltender, for at least one game of the Stanley Cup Finals for the championship team, AND: Must be on the roster when the team wins the Stanley Cup."

• Like 2

Congrats to the Blues, although my heart's not in it. Still, an incredible story, to go from last to first. I don't think that's ever going to happen again. North Stars came close in 1991, when they were the 16th seed and made it all the way to the final.
  • Like 2

I posted on Facebook about that. They had to go to commercial so they can insert the 7-second delay. Some of my butt hurt Bruins friends made comments about the lack of class. I reminded them they weren't so upset when Brady did it after the Super Bowl

That's pretty funny, coming from Bruins fans.

• Like 1

Obviously, there was a lot that went on in game 7 of the Stanley Cup, but I keep coming back to that defensive lapse by Marchand that led to the second goal, a play reminiscent of mini-mite hockey. This guy agrees...

https://www.boston.c...nte-stanley-cup

‘That goal may have cost them the Stanley Cup’: Bruins analyst blames Brad Marchand after Game 7 loss

“Marchand was in the zone, then he’s out of the zone,” said Amonte on NBC Sports Boston. “There he is at the blue line, then he changes, Pietrangelo skates right past him. He’s in no-man’s land. He’s standing still. You see the change? Way too late. You have to start heading back towards your net. You know you’re standing still at the blue line. You’re done. You’re done. You have to just start retreat[ing]. Get back. Go back to the spot.”

In the video it looks really bad.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Obviously, there was a lot that went on in game 7 of the Stanley Cup, but I keep coming back to that defensive lapse by Marchand that led to the second goal, a play reminiscent of mini-mite hockey. This guy agrees...

https://www.boston.c...nte-stanley-cup

‘That goal may have cost them the Stanley Cup’: Bruins analyst blames Brad Marchand after Game 7 loss

“Marchand was in the zone, then he’s out of the zone,” said Amonte on NBC Sports Boston. “There he is at the blue line, then he changes, Pietrangelo skates right past him. He’s in no-man’s land. He’s standing still. You see the change? Way too late. You have to start heading back towards your net. You know you’re standing still at the blue line. You’re done. You’re done. You have to just start retreat[ing]. Get back. Go back to the spot.”

In the video it looks really bad. https://twitter.com/...020029889060869

Inexcusable.

EDIT: I'll add that the second goal was enormous. It allowed Binnington to relax (relatively of course), and simultaneously put enormous pressure on the Bruins.

Edited by Rick N. Backer