Crack The Sky: 70's American Prog Band featured in Rolling Stone

RushFanForever

There's a recent article posted in Rolling Stone here on 'Crack The Sky', who're a '70's American prog-rock band.

The following stands out in the article below:

Crack the Sky slowly built their fan base on the road, opening for some of prog rock’s most popular bands: Zappa, ELO, Rush, Kansas and Supertramp, among others. And, according to Palumbo, they were so sharp onstage that certain cranky headliners booted them off tours. “We got kicked off a lot,” he says. “Not to sound egotistical, but we were just better than a lot of bands that really broke through.” But they experienced nothing but civility and sweetness from Canada’s finest: “The people who treated us the best were Rush,” he adds. “They refused to go on when promoters would say, ‘We don’t have room for your piano’ or some nonsense. They wouldn’t go on until we got our full complement of us. I’ll remember them for that.”

The band opened for RUSH on one tour date:

December 18, 1976 Astor Theater -- Reading, Pennsylvania

Looking at the band's discography on AllMusic.com; their early albums were released on a label called 'Lifesong'.

Apparently Crack The Sky's 1975 self-titled debut album (review here) is considered their best. The album can be heard

. Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 3

I've only heard a couple of their later albums(I guess these days they would be middle period). I like what I heard. They have released so many albums over the years and still seem to have a cult following.

For whatever reason I've never heard of them. There's a lot of similarities on that first album to Rush (and Queen) of that same era. I can hear where I could get into this if it was 40 years ago.

There's a recent article posted in Rolling Stone here on 'Crack The Sky', who're a '70's American prog-rock band.

Heh, heh......you said "whore" .... ;)