Stones Show Interrupted by Bomb Threat

Pags

Stones Show Interrupted by Bomb Threat

By Associated Press

Story

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - A Rolling Stones concert at the University of Virginia was halted after 911 operators received a bomb threat specifically targeting the stage area, university officials said.

A 45-minute police sweep of the area Thursday found nothing unusual, and the band completed the show without further incident, university spokeswoman Carol Wood said.

The interruption came about eight songs into the show at the 61,000-seat Scott Stadium. Mick Jagger announced to the audience that authorities had told the band to take a 10-minute break, and the musicians immediately left the stage area. The first 20 rows of fans were also cleared, and three bomb-sniffing dogs, already on site, searched the area.

The threat is under investigation by university, local and state police.

The Rolling Stones are touring to promote their latest album, "A Bigger Bang."

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 7 2005, 06:56 PM)
[The Rolling Stones are touring to promote their latest album, "A Bigger Bang."

Mmmmmm - does this count as irony?.

Bomb hoaxers are really low. To get some kind of perverted thrill from worrying people and spoiling things like a gig is just shitty.

There's a local school here that's had to close for four days over the past three weeks because some t**t rings and says there's a bomb in a classroom.

Hopefully he'll be caught soon.

I went to a Whitesnake gig (80/81 ish) and there was a bomb scare. Luckily my then girlfriend's house was just across the road from the concert venue. I think we had the best time of anyone that night, well other than David Coverdale loving himself, as he does.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 7 2005, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 7 2005, 06:56 PM)
[The Rolling Stones are touring to promote their latest album, "A Bigger Bang."

Mmmmmm - does this count as irony?.

I thought exactly the same...

Archived