Aretha Franklin Will Be Leaving Us Soon

Principled Man

Dang, I think she was always Freddie's favorite singer. Iirc he wrote Somebody To Love as a tribute to her, hoped she might sing it someday.

Did she ever?

• Like 2

I sing to the realists - people who accept it like it is

Aretha is a legend

Stevie Wonder paid a visit today - that is some big time, all time talent right there

Just found this report that her family remains hopeful ..... I'm thinking of you Aretha

https://abc13.com/health/aretha-franklin-in-hospice-care-but-remains-hopeful-reports/3945161/

• Like 3

RIP.

See Saw is one of my all time favorite tunes. That middle section . . . "that ain't right...that ain't right..." - incredible.

• Like 1

Aretha Franklin featuring Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, and Whoopi Goldberg - Jumpin' Jack Flash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQkrLpwj1vk

“It took me ages to persuade her to play piano on ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash,’ Rolling Stones songwriter and guitarist Keith Richards told me (interviewer Randy Lewis) in 2015, referring to her version of the song she recorded for the 1986 Whoopi Goldberg film of the same title.

“The deal was,” Richards recalled, “that if we came to Detroit, she’d do it, because she hates traveling. I said, ‘I’ll make a deal with you: We’ll come to Detroit, but you’ve got to play piano.’ It’s automatic with her: She starts playing those beautiful gospel chords. She doesn’t think of herself as much of a piano player, but when [she’s] singing with it, it’s a different thing.”

The above comment is from the LA Times posted below.

The voice was incredible, but Aretha Franklin at the piano was also pure magic

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2