Go Pro Camera: Woodward Dream Cruise

JohnRogers

I have no experience with Go Pro cameras. I’m doing an epic car cruise. Just buy a Go Pro and shoot? Do suction cup mounts come with the camera? What else should I know?
  • Like 2

I have no experience with Go Pro cameras. I’m doing an epic car cruise. Just buy a Go Pro and shoot? Do suction cup mounts come with the camera? What else should I know?

No idea what comes with the camera but something called a Gorillapod might come in handy. Lightweight and with flexible legs so you can set them just about anywhere or you can simply hold on to it. You can even curl the legs around objects to keep it In place.

• Like 3

Unless you have a classic car you'll be cruising in you'd be better off parking and walking around. I put a lanyard on my go pro and just walked around. I'm about 20 min. away and have attended many of the cruises throughout the years. Have fun as it's a great atmosphere and you'll get lots of cool footage i'm sure! Most of the go pro's are wide angle so you won't have to worry about capturing all the action...
  • Like 2

Unless you have a classic car you'll be cruising in you'd be better off parking and walking around. I put a lanyard on my go pro and just walked around. I'm about 20 min. away and have attended many of the cruises throughout the years. Have fun as it's a great atmosphere and you'll get lots of cool footage i'm sure! Most of the go pro's are wide angle so you won't have to worry about capturing all the action...

I'll be cruising in the Super Coupe and thought I should record some of it. No built in microphone on the standard GoPro? Upon further reading the Hero has 3 microphones.

38637478_10216537681943917_8931059663655403520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5b655b280222fb2b4258547598ec571d&oe=5C023585

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

So these suction cup mounts really work? I'm afraid my $200 camera is going to separate from my car, flying off 100 yards and shattering to pieces.

Go for it, JR! As one who cruised Woodward and frequented Teds's Drive-In during my misbegotten youth, I can assert, you're going to have a blast.
  • Like 2

So these suction cup mounts really work? I'm afraid my $200 camera is going to separate from my car, flying off 100 yards and shattering to pieces.

They're generally pretty durable. It can at least sustain a fall from 15 ft onto concrete and be fine.

• Like 2

They're generally pretty durable. It can at least sustain a fall from 15 ft onto concrete and be fine.

I pulled the trigger on a Hero, suction cup mount and required SD card.