Album of the Year - 2018

Rod in Toronto

Slash and Myles Kennedy are perfect for each other, man. Bland playing and bland vocals...but maybe that's just me.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I like Myles.......but his admittedly his live singing is kinda shit.

(sorry it IS, lol)

Mick

I really hope you get stuck in a stampede of menstrual elephants and the wheels of your chair become square.

what i can't be honest, lol. he insists on nose singing live.

which i know is a vocal affect.

Mick

I would add The Gorillaz The Now Now to my list somewhere around Mumford & Sons or CHVRCHES.

Actually, probably below Denzel Curry.

Slash and Myles Kennedy are perfect for each other, man. Bland playing and bland vocals...but maybe that's just me.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I like Myles.......but his admittedly his live singing is kinda shit.

(sorry it IS, lol)

Mick

I just saw him in October. Quite honestly his voice is about as close live to how it sounds in the studio as anyone I’ve ever seen.

My top 3 for the year:

VOLA: Applause Of A Distant Crowd

Riverside: Wasteland

Ghost: Prequelle

VOLA was a late discovery for me, and I thank you for that. I'm looking forward to what they bring next.

My top 3 for the year:

VOLA: Applause Of A Distant Crowd

Riverside: Wasteland

Ghost: Prequelle

VOLA was a late discovery for me, and I thank you for that. I'm looking forward to what they bring next.

Me too..! Their first two albums are quite different from one another, so who knows where they go next?

Let me try for this week:

1. Behemoth- I Loved You At Your Darkest

2. Thrice- Palms

3. Tremonti- A Dying Machine

4. YYNot- YYNot

5. Tribulation- Down Below

6. Myles Kennedy- Year Of The Tiger

7. Fatherson- Sum Of All Your Parts

8. Northward- Northward

9. Ghost- Prequelle

10. Camila Cabello- Camila

11. Auri- Auri

Three albums that I feel deserve a place, but for obvious reasons don't deserve a mention:

Starting with my number one music purchase of 2018:

Fleet Foxes- First Collection: 2006-2009 (compilation box set of two previously released EP's, one studio album and a bonus disc of extra material).

Lacuna Coil- The 119 Show: Live In London (live album)

Nightwish- Decades: Best Of 1996-2015 (compilation album)

Let me try this again:

1. Behemoth- I Loved You At Your Darkest

2. Auri- Auri

3. Thrice- Palms

4. My Indigo- My Indigo

5. Tremonti- A Dying Machine

6. Myles Kennedy- Year Of The Tiger

7. Northward- Northward

8. YYNot- YYNot

9. Tribulation- Down Below

10. Camila Cabello- Camila

11. Ghost- Preqelle

12. Fatherson- Sum Of All Your Parts

This is such a tight year!

I will make a final list after Christmas.

• Like 1

You think Myles has a bland voice? Name me any other singer in modern rock who sounds like him and possess his range as a vocalist.

• Like 2

You think Myles has a bland voice? Name me any other singer in modern rock who sounds like him and possess his range as a vocalist.

Phil Campbell of The Temperance Movement and the Rival Sons guy.

I'll have to give The Temperance Movement a listen then. Rival Sons? Eh, if I wanna hear Zeppelin, I'll listen to Zeppelin.

temperance movement are lame. overheard their performance in the parking lot at priest and it sounded like black crowes b-sides

Gave a couple of Temperance Movement songs a listen. The guy can sing for sure but they kind of sound like an AC/DC knockoff to me. At least the Black Crowes were able to pull off the old school rock sound while still having their own sound.

• Like 1

temperance movement are lame. overheard their performance in the parking lot at priest and it sounded like black crowes b-sides

Gave a couple of Temperance Movement songs a listen. The guy can sing for sure but they kind of sound like an AC/DC knockoff to me. At least the Black Crowes were able to pull off the old school rock sound while still having their own sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7IA7LPT4-s

Not terrible.

Hmmm...catchy enough. A little Sweet, Billy Squire...Pretenders, maybe. Eddie Money? Coming to a state fair near you!

Edited by goose

Neither one of them sound like Myles lol

• Like 1

Neither one of them sound like Myles lol

That's because he's a one of a kind singer. You're not confusing his voice with anybody else. How somebody can call it bland is beyond me. Maybe Rod doesn't like his music but there's no denying the man can sing his ass off.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Yeah, I'm not saying he can't sing or that Slash can't play. I just find what they do extremely generic.

Yeah, I'm not really into what he does with Slash either. Have you ever given Alter Bridge or his solo album a try?

Not yet.

Yeah, I'm not saying he can't sing or that Slash can't play. I just find what they do extremely generic.

Yeah, I'm not really into what he does with Slash either. Have you ever given Alter Bridge or his solo album a try?

Not yet.

Go for Fortress. My highest recommendation.

Take it from a huge Alter Bridge fan who cannot stand his voice with Slash.

To each their own. I think Myles has an amazing voice. I think Slash is actually the last of the truly distinctive rock guitarists. I appreciated Myles work with Alter Bridge more this year than in years past (some of its a little to heavy for my taste), but I think Tremonti is the definition of a guy you can find at pretty much every Guitar Center in the U.S.

To each their own. I think Myles has an amazing voice. I think Slash is actually the last of the truly distinctive rock guitarists. I appreciated Myles work with Alter Bridge more this year than in years past (some of its a little to heavy for my taste), but I think Tremonti is the definition of a guy you can find at pretty much every Guitar Center in the U.S.

Much like how Myles has his own distinctive voice, Tremonti also has his own unique playing style. You're not going to hear any random person at guitar center playing like he does. I'm pretty sure you'll find more people trying to play in the style of Slash.