Shave and a Hair cut, Two Bits!

OldRUSHfan

:LOL: The film Roger Rabbit made good use of it.

Traveller's pro tip: This rhythm is used differently in the Latin world. If driving in Mexico and someone toots their horn or whistles this tune at you, it's not because they're fans of classic cartoons. "Shave and a haircut" has the same rhythm as the Spanish phrase "Chinga tu madre", or in English, "F- your mother". :P

The response, "Two bits" matches "Cabron", or " A-hole".

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Traveller's pro tip: This rhythm is used differently in the Latin world. If driving in Mexico and someone toots their horn or whistles this tune at you, it's not because they're fans of classic cartoons. "Shave and a haircut" has the same rhythm as the Spanish phrase "Chinga tu madre", or in English, "F- your mother". :P

Thanks. This can help me at work. ;)

• Like 1

I've not had a professional haircut since 1990!

You've got me beat there Duck .... I haven;t since 2008 -- I cut it myself these days

When you are sitting there in the chair all vulnerable looking at yourself in the mirror with some dipshit with scissors behind you saying "well, give it two weeks and it will look better" it can be incredibly awkward ...

Of all the haircuts I have ever had, there might have been only one or two in which I didn;t come back home and go directly into the bathroom and have to re-cut it myself

• Like 2

I've not had a professional haircut since 1990!

You've got me beat there Duck .... I haven;t since 2008 -- I cut it myself these days

When you are sitting there in the chair all vulnerable looking at yourself in the mirror with some dipshit with scissors behind you saying "well, give it two weeks and it will look better" it can be incredibly awkward ...

Of all the haircuts I have ever had, there might have been only one or two in which I didn;t come back home and go directly into the bathroom and have to re-cut it myself

Hairdressers are jokers! You tell them you want a couple of inches off and they hack about 8 inches off! And when you complain they say ohhh it looks better!

• Like 2

BOTH of these replies SCARE me. I saw the mention of the Mexican version, but I didn't read it. I think I will now! And I hope your situation at work changes so you don't NEED to Digital Dad!

m5jGw3q.gif

BOTH of these replies SCARE me. I saw the mention of the Mexican version, but I didn't read it. I think I will now! And I hope your situation at work changes so you don't NEED to Digital Dad!

Nah, I was joking. already Use the phrases Cabron and Change all the time. Its just part of how we get through the day (I work in a kitchen at a Country Club, cooks can be a brutal bunch if you don't know how to play the game and I am a master of it).

• Like 1

I do believe that the King Charles Spaniel look will return, big time

Only a true professional could manage this though

http://files.imishincdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/8e8386d5bbcfdd01a459cb4b070d66d3.jpg

My Niece is a Hair Dresser, and she's no Joker! She's done my hair since she graduated from Her school. I don't know about the people you've been to, but in my life I've usually done very well!

IUXQcTM.gif[banana raspberry!]

I used it in the classroom. :LOL:
  • Like 3

All I know is Who Framed Roger Rabbit

I've never seen that movie all the way through...gaPNy4u.gif

fxR2rjA.jpg