Found Some Vinyls

vinceuher

Hi gang. Was going through my attic today looking for my luggage to start packing for vacation and I came across a nice find! I found some Rush Vinyl's. When I found them I rembered buying them, but up to this point, I forgot I had them. They included:

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

A Show of Hands

Moving Pictures

Power Windows

Very exciting finding these. I'm not sure if I want to frame them, or buy a record player to hear these songs on vinyl! The plastic is still on most of them. Moving Pictures has a K-mart price tag on it for $8.49. lol

• Like 7

Buy a record player to play em!!

I agree

I've been think of getting my old turntable back up and running, or just buying a new one

But I'm afraid that it might open up a Pandora's Box and lead me to buying everything on vinyl again

• Like 4

I spun my red vinyl Hemispheres yesterday. Sounded great! Something compelled me to just sit on the couch and listen. Just like the good old days.
  • Like 5

.. I need a cold shower

sklep-retrospekcja-vintage-audio-sansui-9090-db-lodz-482104284.jpg

http://img.beatles.ru/fleamarket/137/137318.jpg

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/uploads/monthly_2017_05/59244c9220888_5-23-20178-43-01AM.jpg.4c70fbf7bbcbff8e305fa24dc361650a.jpg

• Like 7

When I visited the Allman Bothers Museum at The Big House in Macon, GA a few years ago they had a number of AB albums on vinyl. Mostly early stuff.
  • Like 4

When I visited the Allman Bothers Museum at The Big House in Macon, GA a few years ago they had a number of AB albums on vinyl. Mostly early stuff.

I would looooove to go there. I visited Duane and Berry’s graves about 25 years ago, which was before they had any fencing around them or anything like that. And the limestone was completely I stained, ungraffiti’d; it was pristine. But I haven’t been back to Macon since then.

• Like 4

.. I need a cold shower

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/uploads/monthly_2017_05/59244c9220888_5-23-20178-43-01AM.jpg.4c70fbf7bbcbff8e305fa24dc361650a.jpg

I had an Onkyo receiver that looked a lot like the one in that last photo, there.

I know my stepdad has some stuff on reel-to-reel, and a deck to play it on- but I don’t know if it works.

• Like 2

.. I need a cold shower

Love the Sansui G-9000. I use one of those as my “daily driver” receiver. Bought it new in 1979. Listen to it literally every day. Still haven’t heard anything that sounds better. Sells used on eBay now for about two and a half times what I paid for it new. I use it to drive a set of Definitive Technology BP-8080ST speakers. Can’t turn it up past 3. Unbelievable sound.

• Like 1

I would looooove to go there. I visited Duane and Berry’s graves about 25 years ago, which was before they had any fencing around them or anything like that. And the limestone was completely I stained, ungraffiti’d; it was pristine. But I haven’t been back to Macon since then.

A must see , crammed with nostalgia. The ticket office room has videos playing and one of Greg's old Hammond B3's, all scarred with drink rings and cigarette burns. The rest of the rooms have pictures, posters, instruments etc. Duane's bedroom is sealed off by a sheet of Plexiglas, but the rest of the rooms are pretty much open. There's a room in back where they used to go " to relax" with a big multi-headed shower and a coffee table with a big hookah on it. Another room has a glass case holding Allen Woody's Modulus Graphite 18 string bass guitar. Nice gift shop with posters T-shirts, albums, DVD ' s books, etc. Definitely worth it, but plan on spending 2 hours minimum, you'll need that long.
  • Like 1

My late 70's stuff was like this.

Marantx 2238 receiverbDBeL5h.jpg

JVC KD-25 Stereo Cassette Tape deck UAF7kha.jpg

Linn Sondek LP 12 turntable1XisgIg.png

JBL L100 Studio Monitor loudspeakers rounded out my system by the end of '79 syhWokl.jpg I've actually seen these intalled in studios, and recorded at a studio that had them as exclusive loudspeakers.

JGJEdLh.jpg

• Like 1

My new job ain’t paying me as much as I hoped so I’ve been selling vinyl at some local indie stores just for rent, gym and phone bill each month for now while I search for a job that will give me reasonable hours. I’ve made 150 dollars so far on mostly newly remastered albums. As much as I’ve listened to these many times on streaming and other formats, it pains me to see them go. The selling of all my Pearl Jams, Tom Petty and Mellon Collie by Pumpkins pains me the most. Got vinyl styl cleaner fluid recently for selling.

On the bright side, I’ll have more money and hopefully the albums will make new younger fans of those who buy.

Edited by invisible airwave