Happy trails

Red3angel

So I recently borrowed VT original and prefer it to the remix. Anyone else?

Yes.

• Like 2

Nope the original is hard to listen to. Gives me a headache. And I love that album.

I can't listen to it straight through without getting a headache, either. I still prefer the original versions of the songs, though.
  • Like 2

Nope the original is hard to listen to. Gives me a headache. And I love that album.

I can't listen to it straight through without getting a headache, either. I still prefer the original versions of the songs, though.

Some are okay, like Earthshine and Secret Touch. But far and away I prefer the remix.

• Like 3

Apart from OLV and improved sound of Ged's bass the remix is a mess to me

The sounds of static in a couple parts of Peaceable Kingdom are a disgrace. We shoulda asked for our money back

The changes in Secret Touch dont work, too many 'way out is the way ins'

Removing that little lick from Al in Ceiling Unlimited at 'If laughter is a straw for a drowning man' was unacceptable. I tried to get used to it as the added solo bit is good but couldnt get round it.

My own mix now is basically the original with the remixed OLV which is only redeeming quality of the album.

I like the detail and soundstage that the remix brings, but generally prefer the monolithic slab of sound of the original.

Although the remix really opened up the last few songs for me as I tended to turn the original cd off after "Earthshines".

• Like 1

Some are okay, like Earthshine and Secret Touch. But far and away I prefer the remix.

Some of the hidden Alex parts that were brought out do add something. I think there's also a bit of a reduction of Geddy's flamenco nonsense and vocal noodlings. But the trade off is a loss of the emotional edge of the originals...the headache-inducing edginess.

Both are a mixed bag of pros and cons, but if I feel like listening to the whole thing...I lean toward the remix.

I'd agree with that.
  • Like 1