#41 metallithrax

metallithrax

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 451 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:28 AM

https://www.amazon.c...d/dp/B07ZMPPW84

Elephone PX, unlocked.

I pay £10 per month for unlimited minutes and texts, 6GB data with a 1GB overflow.

Sponsored Post

#42 SeñorPieuPieuPieu

SeñorPieuPieuPieu

The Seeker

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles
    DIY
    Firearms
    Cooking/Grilling/Barbecue(meat&smoke)
    Music
    Rush

Posted 22 May 2021 - 01:37 PM

I was always an HTC man. Then they stopped making phones and I hung onto my HTC One M10 for as long as I could until it just stopped working. I liked the sense UI over all the other android interfaces. It wasn't different, so to speak, just more intuitive. Everything seemed to be exactly where it belonged.

Now I have a Samsung S10+. I don't like it. Like, at all.

#43 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6613 posts
  • Interests:Very few interests, but many passions

Posted 22 May 2021 - 03:35 PM

View PostSeñorPieuPieuPieu, on 22 May 2021 - 01:37 PM, said:

I was always an HTC man. Then they stopped making phones and I hung onto my HTC One M10 for as long as I could until it just stopped working. I liked the sense UI over all the other android interfaces. It wasn't different, so to speak, just more intuitive. Everything seemed to be exactly where it belonged.

Now I have a Samsung S10+. I don't like it. Like, at all.
I kept my M8 for as long as possible, because it was great. I still have it even though it doesn`t work properly. I knew I couldn`t get anything comparable so got a Samsung A10, which has been fine, but I have no love for it. How everyone didn`t adore HTC and make them the greatest phone company in the word always surprised me.

#44 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 11941 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 22 May 2021 - 05:23 PM

Oh my gosh,you guys can laugh! :lol: :lol: I have just spent the past week having to evaluate and research flip phones! :lol:

My elderly mom has finally decided that is what she wants. (She drives alone quite a bit so she needs one. Previous experiments with even the simplest smart phones and "easy" interfaces have not worked. Fingers crossed for the consumer cellular talk only flip phone.) All the other flip phones I found run on 3G only and I keep hearing that is going away.

Edited by blueschica, 22 May 2021 - 05:24 PM.

#45 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6613 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 08:11 AM

View Postblueschica, on 22 May 2021 - 05:23 PM, said:

Oh my gosh,you guys can laugh! :lol: :lol: I have just spent the past week having to evaluate and research flip phones! :lol:

My elderly mom has finally decided that is what she wants. (She drives alone quite a bit so she needs one. Previous experiments with even the simplest smart phones and "easy" interfaces have not worked. Fingers crossed for the consumer cellular talk only flip phone.) All the other flip phones I found run on 3G only and I keep hearing that is going away.
One of the best phones I had was a flip phone. I liked the fact it was compact and fitted in my pocket, but unfortunately the universe decided it wanted phones the size of a large hardback book.

#46 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 11941 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 12:08 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 23 May 2021 - 08:11 AM, said:

One of the best phones I had was a flip phone. I liked the fact it was compact and fitted in my pocket, but unfortunately the universe decided it wanted phones the size of a large hardback book.

I agree!  My favorite phone was my Nokia candy bar phone, but those went away as well.  I used it until about 3 1/2 years ago. :lol:  One time a young kid cashier said to me, "How does that thing even work?"

#47 pjbear05

pjbear05

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5003 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:16 PM

My elderly mom has finally decided that is what she .wants. (She drives alone quite a bit so she needs one. Previous experiments with even the simplest smart phones and "easy" interfaces have not worked. Fingers crossed for the consumer cellular talk only flip phone.) All the other flip phones I found run on 3G only and I keep hearing that is going away.
Go for it!  I've been with Consumer Cellular for a couple years now, great signal and coverage.  Older phone (Samsung Galaxy J3), more than suffiecent, but it's not a flip phone, may be too much phone.  The Link II advertised on their site looks like a winner.

#48 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 11941 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:21 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 26 May 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

My elderly mom has finally decided that is what she .wants. (She drives alone quite a bit so she needs one. Previous experiments with even the simplest smart phones and "easy" interfaces have not worked. Fingers crossed for the consumer cellular talk only flip phone.) All the other flip phones I found run on 3G only and I keep hearing that is going away.
Go for it!  I've been with Consumer Cellular for a couple years now, great signal and coverage.  Older phone (Samsung Galaxy J3), more than suffiecent, but it's not a flip phone, may be too much phone.  The Link II advertised on their site looks like a winner.

Thank you for the tip!  Glad to hear Consumer Cellular is easy to work with!

#49 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99546 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:46 PM

None!

#50 Rhyta

Rhyta

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2497 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 05 June 2021 - 03:18 AM

View Postblueschica, on 23 May 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 23 May 2021 - 08:11 AM, said:

I agree!  My favorite phone was my Nokia candy bar phone, but those went away as well.  I used it until about 3 1/2 years ago. :lol:  One time a young kid cashier said to me, "How does that thing even work?"
Oh wow, I loved my Razr I bought in 2007 and kept using until 2018.  That was so simple to use and easy to carry, felt like I was calling Scotty to beam me up :lol:. I had a really good case for it and it fell in the water twice and I was able to take the battery out and dry it and it still worked.  I finally gave in and bought a Motorola G5 since the Razr was having trouble with the network.  I have kept the Razr and use it for an alarm.  Saw the flip phones that came out last year, over $1,000.00!  :o   Guess when my phone goes out  I'll try the Consumer Celluar ones.  Hope that works well for your Mom. :ebert:

Edited by Rhyta, 05 June 2021 - 03:19 AM.

#51 SeñorPieuPieuPieu

SeñorPieuPieuPieu

The Seeker

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles
    DIY
    Firearms
    Cooking/Grilling/Barbecue(meat&smoke)
    Music
    Rush

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:28 AM

View PostIbanezJem, on 22 May 2021 - 03:35 PM, said:

I kept my M8 for as long as possible, because it was great. I still have it even though it doesn`t work properly. I knew I couldn`t get anything comparable so got a Samsung A10, which has been fine, but I have no love for it. How everyone didn`t adore HTC and make them the greatest phone company in the word always surprised me.

I don't understand it either. They really did make the best phones. For me it really was about the SenseUI. It was just perfect. Like you, I had an HTC1 M7 that I kept for years. Can't remember when I got it exactly, 2012ish? Kept using it until I got the 10. I still have it. I use it as an mp3/bluetooth source.

#52 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 33463 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 12:35 PM

iPhone 11
Verizon
128 GB

Paid it off thanks to COVID related unemployment I got a year ago.  Nice to pay things like that and college debt off.  Had $100 left since I got my certificate in broadcasting/film/radio at community college in late 2003 when I went back.  Usually paid 10 bucks a month.  Got my new Mac Book with that boatload of money as well.

Posted Image

I'll probably upgrade during the next tax season.  I'm in no rush for 12 or above yet.

Edited by invisible airwave, 13 August 2021 - 12:37 PM.

#53 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53357 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:47 PM

I hate my phone.   If I weren't dying, I'd get another one.   I have an android LG stylo-6.

And Cricket stinks.   They are overpriced too.

#54 grep

grep

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2561 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 09:25 PM

I had a Google Droid Razr Max from 2015 that I loved. Big screen, and the phone felt great in my hand. In 2020 it had to go because the battery couldn't keep a charge.

With COVID in early 2020 , and not wanting to go to a Verizon store, I did some research and settled on a Google Pixel 4 XL.  Nice enough phone..a little smaller than I wanted.  It has this annoying "squeeze" feature that I have to turn off after every update.  It's supposed to be a way to bring up the 'google assistant'. But it gets in the way when I handle the phone....like if I'm using the camera and grip the phone 'the wrong way', it will bring up the camera settings. Other than that, it's a fast and easy to use phone.

Verizon 5G - no issues. Even when I use the phone as a hotspot for my laptop.

Edited by grep, 06 November 2021 - 09:26 PM.

#55 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 30470 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 07 November 2021 - 12:32 PM

A very old Samsung. :codger: My wife gave it to me when she upgraded.

#56 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6613 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 05:26 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 07 November 2021 - 12:32 PM, said:

I recently changed contracts as I can`t get a signal from many providers here in the Southern Uplands, but in my haste I got a Samsung S8 and realised in horror that it`s the same phone as my wife, so now we look like a couple of jerks who have to have the same things :sigh:

#57 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 30470 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 06:47 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 07 November 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

I recently changed contracts as I can`t get a signal from many providers here in the Southern Uplands, but in my haste I got a Samsung S8 and realised in horror that it`s the same phone as my wife, so now we look like a couple of jerks who have to have the same things :sigh:
I've got the J3, sonny. :codger:

#58 BastillePark

BastillePark

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 06:59 PM

You could get different cases that are really contrasting to look less jerky but it's doubtful anyone but you know that you and your wife love each other so much you want to have the same things. :D

#59 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6613 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:29 PM

View PostBastillePark, on 07 November 2021 - 06:59 PM, said:

You could get different cases that are really contrasting to look less jerky but it's doubtful anyone but you know that you and your wife love each other so much you want to have the same things. :D
Anyone that knows us would never accuse us of "loving each other so much" :bitchslap:

#60 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 30470 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 08:09 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 07 November 2021 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostBastillePark, on 07 November 2021 - 06:59 PM, said:

Anyone that knows us would never accuse us of "loving each other so much" :bitchslap:
Arsenal fan, is she?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users