Scary normal

Red3angel

So name the Rush album you could put on to cause the mother in law to leave and which one would not offend non Rush listeners. I say scare them with 2112 and keep the peace with snakes
  • Like 1

hm...

VT or CoS would probably get a grandma out of the house, honorable mention to AFTK for that sudden blast at the start, and of course ATWAS would probably be best.

RTB might make me leave the room, but would probably be inoffensive enough for other parties. Presto might bring us together.

• Like 1

I dated this girl about 15 years ago, and her Mom's name was Naz ... And Mom was about 10x hotter - physically, chutzpah, and like the songs says, god-given ass

So in answer to the question, I'd play Garden Road in a effort to get the little **** outta the house and get it on with my would be future mother-in-law

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

my mother in law is in her mid 80s, so every Rush album would scare her off. Geddy's voice at the beginning of Finding My Way would do it real quick.

You could sell Feedback on the uninitiated as just an album of 60s cover tunes.

• Like 2

Considering some of the other stuff I listen to Rush isn't particularly threatening.

However, a LOT of people I know hate Rush for some reason, so they would not be pleased.

The album most likely to be accepted? Probably the cover album. Assuming that doesn't count, Moving Pictures, because of the 'hits'. If the person has never heard anything, I'd say PW. It's probably the most 'classic' of their rock. Maybe the debut for the generic hard 70's crowd.

The one to get rid of people?

Caress perhaps (which I love), or Power/Hold for those who hate the electronic 80's. Maybe Test.

hm...

VT or CoS would probably get a grandma out of the house, honorable mention to AFTK for that sudden blast at the start, and of course ATWAS would probably be best.

RTB might make me leave the room, but would probably be inoffensive enough for other parties. Presto might bring us together.

Agreed on ATWAS. Ged's voice alone would scare off any non fan of any age. I have personal experience over the years with this. They just don't hear it like I do... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

hm...

Agreed on ATWAS. Ged's voice alone would scare off any non fan of any age. I have personal experience over the years with this. They just don't hear it like I do...

:yes: