A New version of Rush first album

rugen

Is there someone who thought about the possibility to see a new version of that first album someday? It would be good to hear Neil and the other to work on that one with the best production possible and the experience that the boys have gained over the years. I think it would be a lot better than to hear the 99th versions of that album remastered on a vinyl or cd. Edited by rugen
  • Like 1

Is there someone who thought about the possibility to see a new version of that first album someday? It would be good to hear Neil and the other to work on that one with the best production possible and the experience that the boys have gained over the years. I think it would be a lot better than to hear the 99th versions of that album remastered on a vinyl or cd.

I’d give it a spin. Although one could argue they physically peaked over 15 years ago and they don’t play as well now.

• Like 2

Is there someone who thought about the possibility to see a new version of that first album someday? It would be good to hear Neil and the other to work on that one with the best production possible and the experience that the boys have gained over the years. I think it would be a lot better than to hear the 99th versions of that album remastered on a vinyl or cd.

I’d give it a spin. Although one could argue they physically peaked over 15 years ago and they don’t play as well now.

I won't be too worried about Alex and Neil playing, but Geddy trying to match the high note and energy of that album is another thing...

• Like 1

Ged would never be able to sing it, so they'd have to use the old recordings for vocals.

Seeing as we're post R40, Neil would probably refuse to play on it.

I kinda doubt Ged and Al would suddenly be interested in doing that after all these years.

It would be cool though.

If the way Neal destroyed working man is any indication, I don't want him touching any of that debut album. He has no f****** Groove.

If the way Neal destroyed working man is any indication, I don't want him touching any of that debut album. He has no f****** Groove.

Have you seen what he did to Here Again?! Ugh...it's a travesty. Talk about no groove. No wonder they've never played it live since.

And I'm totally serious about that, even if you're not. That was definitely a case of more drums does NOT = better. God it's bad. :facepalm:

Edited by Alien Girl

I could see redoing the debut as a spoken word album.

:LOL:

From the William Shatner School of Acting and Spoken Word...

Take yourself a friend...

Keep 'em till the end.

Whether woman or man...

it makes you feel so good.

so good.

• Like 3

Keep 'em till the end.

Whether woman or man...

so good.

As long as there's no extraneous moaning, I'm on board.

Please no. Alex can't play like he did back then, and Ged sure as shit can't sing like that. Neil might be able to add to the songs without killing their grooves and overplaying, but then again maybe not. No, that album captured the band at that moment in time and any attempt to redo it would result in a degradation, not an improvement.

• Like 2

Have you seen what he did to Here Again?! Ugh...it's a travesty. Talk about no groove. No wonder they've never played it live since.

And I'm totally serious about that, even if you're not. That was definitely a case of more drums does NOT = better. God it's bad. :facepalm:

On rare occasions, though, his overplaying actually works:

http://youtu.be/g9AvU1OWRps

• Like 1

Fun to think about, and maybe even fun for Geddy and Alex to work on. But it will never happen.

Albums make them very little money, they very seldom look back musically, and Neil wasn't even on the album. They've played a few things from that album on tour over the last 15 years.

I think the ultimate would be to see them at a historic venue like Massey Hall (now under reno) or Radio City playing a manageable set. However I do realize it's probably a 1% chance.

:eh:

That was an absolutely deplorable mix, of everything. Almost un-listenable (much like the live version of Here Again that Neil played on I was talking about). Ugh, no. Perhaps they just weren't that good at playing live yet, getting the timing down and everything because the studio version of that is way WAY better...smoother, not as sped up. That was horrible.

:eh:

That was an absolutely deplorable mix, of everything. Almost un-listenable (much like the live version of Here Again that Neil played on I was talking about). Ugh, no. Perhaps they just weren't that good at playing live yet, getting the timing down and everything because the studio version of that is way WAY better...smoother, not as sped up. That was horrible.

Oh yeah, it's definitely very sloppy, but I like Neil's ideas for fills and accents in this song better than John's.

Keep 'em till the end.

Whether woman or man...

so good.

I am completely serious. Listen to any old Rush with Neil and then listen to ACDC with Phil Rudd. In terms of rock and roll, Rudd mops the floor with Neil

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1