Disney Fires Guardians of the Galaxy Director Over Old Tweets

JohnnyBlaze

The f***ing films suck anyway.

Enjoyed part 1. Part 2 was balls.

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Are you that desperate to ingratiate?

Laziness. He already knows my opinion on these films as we've been talking about it in PM for years...

Make a poll and then if he dislikes it make another poll and rate EVERY option 10/10

• Like 1

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Laziness. He already knows my opinion on these films as we've been talking about it in PM for years...

Make a poll and then if he dislikes it make another poll and rate EVERY option 10/10

Ever get stalked by Madonna??

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Bitch stole all my ideas

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Bitch stole all my ideas

Aye!

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Bitch stole all my ideas

Aye!

10/10

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Bitch stole all my ideas

Aye!

10/10

Ever been the stunt driver for your own TV show? It's cheaper and easier.

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Bitch stole all my ideas

Aye!

10/10

I once dropped a sofa on my toe and lost a nail. I think that was caught on camera...

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Bitch stole all my ideas

Aye!

10/10

I once dropped a sofa on my toe and lost a nail. I think that was caught on camera...

Stop bringing your sofa to work and you'll have no more problems. It's just for home use.

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Bitch stole all my ideas

Aye!

10/10

Stop bringing your sofa to work and you'll have no more problems. It's just for home use.

Can I take my ball gag and paddle?

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Bitch stole all my ideas

Aye!

10/10

Can I take my ball gag and paddle?

That sounds like too much information for me! :ph34r:

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Aye.

I not only knew your opinion on these films but I also knew that you’re a lazy bastard. :hail:

• Like 1

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Aye.

I not only knew your opinion on these films but I also knew that you’re a lazy bastard. :hail:

Aye!

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Aye.

Aye!

Aye aye!

• Like 2

I'm ready to let Kevin Spacey work again. Unfortunately that is too late for House of Cards season six.

You could hire him for your own personal project, you know.

I'm ready to let Kevin Spacey work again.

This brings up some interesting questions.

When is it “OK” for a sex offender to be hired somewhere and live a normal life again? Assuming that he or she paid the proverbial “debt to society”, of course. I know that for many people, execution would be the preferred method of punishment. When is it OK to forgive?

If Kevin Spacey were some anonymous citizen, would he be “allowed” to work again? Do we give our favorite entertainers special treatment when it comes to criminal and immoral activity?

http://media.comicbook.com/2018/07/rian-johnson-twitter-delete-comments-disney-1125226.jpeg

Rian Johnson Explains Why He Deleted 20,000 Tweets Following James Gunn Firing

Edited by Rushman14

http://media.comicbook.com/2018/07/rian-johnson-twitter-delete-comments-disney-1125226.jpeg

We are at a point where what we post on informal platforms like Twitter is held up to the same scrutiny as more formal forums of commentary. Problem is that things were posted by people before the "rules" changed.

Also, tone is lost in print taken out of context. Comedian Jim Jefferies does a bit on that idea.

In the end, deleting past posts is a good idea.

Edited by goose

We are at a point where what we post on informal platforms like Twitter is held up to the same scrutiny as more formal forums of commentary. Problem is that things were posted by people before the "rules" changed.

Also, tone is lost in print taken out of context. Comedian Jim Jefferies does a bit on that idea.

"Freedom of speech" used to be a blessing; now it's becoming a curse. Instead of fearing punishment from the government for speaking our minds, we now have to fear each other. The hoi polloi is far more dangerous today.

• Like 2

"Freedom of speech" used to be a blessing; now it's becoming a curse. Instead of fearing punishment from the government for speaking our minds, we now have to fear each other. The hoi polloi is far more dangerous today.

Freedom of speech will never be a curse to me no matter how much old shit someone digs up on me

• Like 2

Freedom of speech will never be a curse to me no matter how much old shit someone digs up on me

I agree, but I’m just really disgusted by how this country is currently making a mockery of that freedom.

• Like 1

I agree, but I’m just really disgusted by how this country is currently making a mockery of that freedom.

What do you think about this case? :

http://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/07/27/middleeast/kuwait-philippines-domestic-workers-intl/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F

(In the article above, the negative comments weren't said/posted years ago but very recently. To you, how much of a factor is time? And HOW MUCH time do you think is too long ago to be bringing up old comments?)

Yo Blaze! Fuckk that guy and Fukk Guardians Of The Galaxy and Disney for getting rid of Tower Of Terror at Disneyland.

Yep! Johnny! You know I am that guy! Call me crazy or just passionate. Don't care about labels!

I had two broken ribs yet I still drove down to Disneyland and went on the Tower Of Terror on it's last night of existence. I went on every ride in both parks except California Screaming. Fukk that.

But yes! Space Mountain was fun even with broken ribs.

I went on Splash mountain three times in a row though without getting off. I thought I was going to die. But I'm fine.

I HATE GUARDIANS!

The soundtracks are ok.

Cheers!

What do you think about this case? :

http://edition-m.cnn...dition.cnn.com/

(In the article above, the negative comments weren't said/posted years ago but very recently. To you, how much of a factor is time? And HOW MUCH time do you think is too long ago to be bringing up old comments?)

Sondos Alqattan is a "social media personality". I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that is. :LOL: I'd say that if you make a career of running your mouth in mass media, then anything you say or have said in the past is fair game. Your career depends completely on your social popularity, so you reap what you sow.

Every case will be different, but it seems to me that, in general, time is not as much of a factor as the person and if he or she has changed or progressed. There is no way to create a "statute of limitations" for holding people's comments against them. Even if we could create one, people would ignore it.

Josh Hader of the Milwaukee Brewers made some dumb comments on Twitter seven years ago, when he was 17. Someone dug up what he said and he's paying the price for it today. He is not the same dumb kid that he was seven years ago. This "scandal" is fading away, despite the attempts of the tabloid sports media to keep it going.

Edited by Principled Man

Yo Blaze! Fuckk that guy and Fukk Guardians Of The Galaxy and Disney for getting rid of Tower Of Terror at Disneyland.

Yep! Johnny! You know I am that guy! Call me crazy or just passionate. Don't care about labels!

I had two broken ribs yet I still drove down to Disneyland and went on the Tower Of Terror on it's last night of existence. I went on every ride in both parks except California Screaming. Fukk that.

But yes! Space Mountain was fun even with broken ribs.

I went on Splash mountain three times in a row though without getting off. I thought I was going to die. But I'm fine.

I HATE GUARDIANS!

The soundtracks are ok.

Cheers!

Why is it such a big deal? After all, the mechanics of the Guardians of the Galaxy ride are the same as The Twilight Zone’s Tower of Terror.

How about this? ——> At Tokyo DisneySea, the theme park right next to Tokyo Disneyland, there is NO Twilight Zone reference to their Tower of Terror...but the mechanics of the ride are the same. Since there’s no Twilight Zone reference (most Japanese don’t know the show so the reference isn’t there), does that make the ride inferior to the old California Disney ride?

As I said earlier in this thread, I disliked GotG2 big time. However, I’m sure the ride is just fine since it’s the same (aside from the plot) as the original Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction.

Here’s a somewhat related thang: I didn’t enjoy any of the Harry Potter movies I’ve seen (parts 4-6). Also, the books I’ve read (1-3) are just okay. However, the Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios Florida is one of the best non-roller coaster rides around.

Appreciate the rides for the things they do. Don’t hate on the rides because of the films behind them.