Disney Fires Guardians of the Galaxy Director Over Old Tweets

JohnnyBlaze

I'm just about done with all this garbage being pulled from years ago. F U K you me too movement! Next they will be finding things celebrities and politicians did in grade school and using that crap. The next movement should be: #Suck it up...
  • Like 1

I'm not saying we need to have more of a sense of humour.

But I'm saying we all need to take things with a pinch of salt.

We have ALL said and done things we regret. They fire Gunn but I don't see a problem being made concerning Robert Downey Jr. He was drugged up and found sleeping in a strangers house...why's that ok? Not judging him here just raising a point.

• Like 1

The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James' Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio's values, and we have severed our business relationship with him Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said

Really ?? .. The two seem like a perfect match to me

Disney_beads.jpg

Disney_DDD.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I'm just about done with all this garbage being pulled from years ago. F U K you me too movement!

Yeah, how dare people get in trouble for sexually assaulting someone in the past. That's totally the same thing as saying something bad. Next, they'll come after me for playfully flashing women at parties. It's was just a joke!

Edited by Union 5-3992

Wait, NAMBLA is a real thing? I thought it was just made up for that episode of South Park.

The ACLU famously defended their 1st Amendment right to exist.

I'm just about done with all this garbage being pulled from years ago. F U K you me too movement!

Yeah, how dare people get in trouble for sexually assaulting someone in the past. That's totally the same thing as saying something bad. Next, they'll come after me for playfully flashing women at parties. It's was just a joke!

What I'm saying is that movement really gave credence for anyone to be outraged about anything and ruin someones livelihood. Just as ridiculous as you being somewhat repulsed by what I wrote. I see your on board...

Wait, NAMBLA is a real thing? I thought it was just made up for that episode of South Park.

I first heard of NAMBLA while watching Geraldo or some other crap afternoon talk show in the late 80s. A mix of wanting to vomit and slowly torture those repulsive cockroaches went through my head.

The ACLU famously defended their 1st Amendment right to exist.

Unfortunately, that “organization” does have a right to exist......to a certain point. Legally, they’re no different than a group of White Supremists. A group of creeps can get together and talk about their sick fantasies all they want. It’s a different issue when they act upon those sick fantasies.

• Like 1

I'm just about done with all this garbage being pulled from years ago. F U K you me too movement! Next they will be finding things celebrities and politicians did in grade school and using that crap. The next movement should be: #Suck it up...

Does that logic extend to paedophile priests and sports coaches? An amnesty after a certain time period or expiration dates for crimes?

Or is it just things done to women you want to ignore?

If your sister was molested years ago but felt too humiliated or powerless to act, would you not stand by her now?

C’mon!

• Like 3

What I'm saying is that movement really gave credence for anyone to be outraged about anything and ruin someones livelihood. Just as ridiculous as you being somewhat repulsed by what I wrote. I see your on board...

The movement isn't about being outraged over anything. Primarily sexual assault. And when most of the high profile cases that have ruined careers have been legitimate. the accused were either convicted, charged, or admitted to it. I haven't seen any large cases of someone being wrongfully accused. The others, like Morgan Freeman, Aziz Ansari, Ben Affleck, who were accused of doing something like saying lewd things things or just being bad with women have been unharmed beyond the initial outrage. Hell even Louis CK will probably make a comeback because there is such a thing as degrees when it comes to each case. I will admit the worst part of this movement the dangerous kneejerk reaction to ruin someone until people have actually sat down to think about it or hear everything

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 3

If he were a republican like Cheeto Cheney and Roy Moore, he’d get a mulligan. Hypocrites want it both to ways. Nobody is above the law.

Feels good and freeing to be an equal opportunity bullshit calling independent.

:rfl: at you as an independent.

Edited by laughedatbytime

The f***ing films suck anyway.

Enjoyed part 1. Part 2 was balls.

Aye!

Aye?

You wrote “films”...

Are you that desperate to ingratiate?

Laziness. He already knows my opinion on these films as we've been talking about it in PM for years...

• Like 1

I will admit the worst part of this movement the dangerous kneejerk reaction to ruin someone until people have actually sat down to think about it or hear everything

We're suffering the 21st century version of witch trials. You're deemed guilty with little hope of being proven innocent. When we let the irrational, vindictive mob dictate how accused people receive justice, no one is safe.

• Like 5

I will admit the worst part of this movement the dangerous kneejerk reaction to ruin someone until people have actually sat down to think about it or hear everything

We're suffering the 21st century version of witch trials. You're deemed guilty with little hope of being proven innocent. When we let the irrational, vindictive mob dictate how accused people receive justice, no one is safe.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

post of the year.