Damn

LyndseyG

Shoot, I'm sorry to hear that she's had a setback. I hope that she's comfortable and that The Dr.s can work on the infections. You and your family will be in my thoughts! :hug2:

Thanks Blueschica!

• Like 2

Earlier today mum was rushed to hospital. She has had another, bigger stroke, at the brainstem. She is breathing heavily and moves as if she's asleep and dreaming but is otherwise unresponsive. The doctors said she has about 24 hours.

We spent most of the day with her but have come home to get some sleep.

Earlier today mum was rushed to hospital. She has had another, bigger stroke, at the brainstem. She is breathing heavily and moves as if she's asleep and dreaming but is otherwise unresponsive. The doctors said she has about 24 hours.

We spent most of the day with her but have come home to get some sleep.

I'm so very sorry for what you and your family are going through. Praying for you. I know I speak on behalf of all of your TRF brothers and sisters when I say we are here for you. Much love sending your way.
  • Like 2

Thank you guys!

There has been little change since my last update. Very now and then she moves a bit. The nurses said it's because she is uncomfortable/in distress. They give her morphine and other end of life meds to make her comfortable.

They are talking about moving her either to the hospice or a different care place. It all depends on whether there is a bed available with nurses that can administer the meds.

Also if she has a sudden deterioration they might decide that it won't be a good idea to move her.

Part of me hopes the hospice can take her in as that's what she asked for before the strokes.

Just waiting, really.

Thank you guys!

There has been little change since my last update. Very now and then she moves a bit. The nurses said it's because she is uncomfortable/in distress. They give her morphine and other end of life meds to make her comfortable.

They are talking about moving her either to the hospice or a different care place. It all depends on whether there is a bed available with nurses that can administer the meds.

Also if she has a sudden deterioration they might decide that it won't be a good idea to move her.

Part of me hopes the hospice can take her in as that's what she asked for before the strokes.

Just waiting, really.

Oh, heck..........! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

I just had a discussion with a colleague at work about how difficult - almost impossible, really - it is to have a conversation about this kind of thing. When I look at her and she has tears in her eyes, I know she doesn't really have to say anything . . . safe to say that your friends and your friends here are feeling those impossible-to-express things for you as you go through this.
  • Like 3

Mum passed away about 50 mins ago.

We had left the hospital to come home - we're about 1 and 1/2 hours away - and had been home 5 mins when a nurse called.

We had left the hospital to come home - we're about 1 and 1/2 hours away - and had been home 5 mins when a nurse called.

I am so sorry to hear about your mum! I have no idea how it is to lose a parent, but it must be really hard! Sending big hug to you! :hug2:

May your mum RIP! :rose:

• Like 1

Thinking of you.

• Like 1

:hug2: Lyndsey, you and your family have my deepest sympathy. I hope you and your family can find peace in the memories of her and in being with each other. I'll have you in my thoughts.

• Like 1

Oh my God, I am so, so sorry, Lyndsey..! You have mine and Mr Babycat's deepest sympathies. May she rest in peace. :rose:

• Like 2