Should we have a RushForum Con?

Ultimate Rush Tribute

Since there is no longer a Rush Con, I recommend we have a RushForum Con, an opportunity for all forum members to get together live in one place. I recommend Orlando Saturday October 6th. Coincidentally our band is having a show that night and it is the perfect meeting place for out of town guests. Lots of other fun things to do in Orlando in October. Tickets are $39 but with the promo code: xanadu the tickets are only $21.12. Who's in?! :eh:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ultimate-rush-live-at-the-abbey-tickets-47965987560?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

• Like 2

We already get together in one place.

Why would we want to pay $43 to watch a Rush tribute band? I pay less than that to watch real established bands playing their own music.

Besides you only play music from Rush’s first 20 years so ticket prices should reflect that. $20 less $15 because tribute bands are lame so $5. If you throw in a $5 drinks voucher then maybe.

Fortythreeeffingdollars!?!

f**k off.

• Like 1

Hmm...how can we get more people to come out to our show...?

:cheers: just kidding URT - way too far away for me but have a good gig.

We already get together in one place.

Why would we want to pay $43 to watch a Rush tribute band? I pay less than that to watch real established bands playing their own music.

Besides you only play music from Rush’s first 20 years so ticket prices should reflect that. $20 less $15 because tribute bands are lame so $5. If you throw in a $5 drinks voucher then maybe.

Fortythreeeffingdollars!?!

f**k off.

:LOL:

I recommend NYC.

An angular mass of New Yorkers

Pacing in rhythm

Race the oncoming night

They chase through the streets of Manhattan

You can also sample the best pizza on the planet.

I recommend NYC.

Pacing in rhythm

Race the oncoming night

It'd be cheap. Not as cheap as Cheez Whiz and Ritz, but cheap. And almost as good.

It's a perfect compliment to Presto, though. Nothing to excite either the taste buds or the ear drums. In fact, with a can of some offbrand cola, you can get that tinny feeling with both senses

Edited by laughedatbytime

I don't know man...I mean, it would be great to have a great big social gathering of TRF members, but...Unless we have someone here who is formally trained in the ways of how to organize a large event, I don't think it'll be a good idea. I'm only saying this because of the absolute monstrous shitshow that was both TanaCon and the Fouseytube music festival. Both events were completely ruined by the fact that both events were too large to be DIY.

I'm too young to go meeting strangers. Especially potentially dangerous strangers like you crazy TRFers. :angel:

I met a TRFer less than two weeks ago. You're right to be wary -- that laughing boy grin is creepy! ;)

Hmm...how can we get more people to come out to our show...?

Nothing wrong with a little obvious "shameless promotion". As long as you own up to it. :)

I recommend NYC.

Pacing in rhythm

Race the oncoming night

Meh, I can get cheese and crackers anywhere.

• Like 1

I'm too young to go meeting strangers. Especially potentially dangerous strangers like you crazy TRFers. :angel:

I met a TRFer less than two weeks ago. You're right to be wary -- that laughing boy grin is creepy! ;)

Who was it? :unsure:

http://thegooseisout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Goose-honking.jpg

Just remember, sometimes the target is youuuu.

• Like 1

Just remember, sometimes the target is youuuu.

Was it not goose?

I would consider going to something like this, but like most everyone else, if it's too far away I don't think I'd be able to swing it.