Test your opinion

Red3angel

Great tour!

The guy on the cover looks really stoned

Granite, he's lost his marbles. Okay, okay - clean slate... He's a shale of a good guy. He rocks!

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

NOOOOOOO, lol.

i like 2 tracks.

Driven and Resist.

it was a goofy attempt to continue being alt. rock. when they did it just great on Counterparts.

Mick

I'm with Mick; I only like Resist and Driven and I find Carve Away the Stone going through my head at odd times. Other than those, meh.

Carve Away the Stone is catchy as hell.

I love how the song builds. It's catchy and a strong album closer. I get that it's nothing groundbreaking, but I've always been high on CATS.

• Like 2

Love:

Test For Echo

Driven

Color of Right

Totem

Dog Years

Time And Motion

Resist

Half The World

Limbo

Carve Away The Stone

Virtuality

I can listen to each and every track. I have always enjoyed Test For Echo. Not nearly their best work.....but a good album. I think at the time they recorded it they were pretty happy with the finished product and man to this day one of the very best tours they ever had.

• Like 1

Far and away the worst record in their catalogue. I still remember exactly where I was in the Salt Lake Valley when I heard T4E on the radio the first time and thought "Well, they had a good run." I didn't even load it onto my phone.

I met Geddy, Alex and Howard for the first time on that tour though, so there's that...

Whoah, whoah, whoah....have you heard presto & rtb?

• Like 1

Geddy Lee: "Test for Echo was a strange record in a sense," singer/bassist Geddy Lee said in the 2012 book Rush: An Oral History, Uncensored. "It doesn’t really have a defined direction. I kind of felt like we were a bit burnt creatively. It was a creative low time for us."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-test-for-echo/

Editorial comment from the article: If any Rush album sounds like it was sleepwalked through, it's 1996’s mostly forgettable Test for Echo. Even its highlights – the title cut, "Half the World," "Virtuality" – cannibalized spare parts and old ideas, like a printer cartridge running on empty, or an echo growing fainter, fainter, fainter ...

• Like 1

It's their worst album. I really only like Driven. The title track is okay if I ignore the lyrics and I don't mind Resist either. It's mostly just a boring album to me.

^^^This. I have the CD, but it gets very little play. With idiot bombs like Dog Years and Virtuality, what do you expect?

Geddy Lee: "Test for Echo was a strange record in a sense," singer/bassist Geddy Lee said in the 2012 book Rush: An Oral History, Uncensored. "It doesn’t really have a defined direction. I kind of felt like we were a bit burnt creatively. It was a creative low time for us."

http://ultimateclass...-test-for-echo/

Editorial comment from the article: If any Rush album sounds like it was sleepwalked through, it's 1996’s mostly forgettable Test for Echo. Even its highlights – the title cut, "Half the World," "Virtuality" – cannibalized spare parts and old ideas, like a printer cartridge running on empty, or an echo growing fainter, fainter, fainter ...

How big of a masochist do you have to be to consider "Half the World" a highlight of anything?

Hard for me to imagine I’ll ever like it.

I hate saying that about any Rush album...but this is literally the only under that heading.

How big of a masochist do you have to be to consider "Half the World" a highlight of anything?

Probably written by someone who hadn’t even heard the album. And/Or maybe they wrote that simply because Half the World was one of the singles

Not the first time I've disagreed with Geddy and it won't be the last though I do generally agree with him about this stuff.

Still think the decision to go back to the acoustic guitar was a brilliant one.

I was slightly let down after Counterparts,but i was let down even more by VT.I can play T4E all the way through but i struggle with VT.

I was slightly let down after Counterparts,but i was let down even more by VT.I can play T4E all the way through but i struggle with VT.

I think VT has much better songs, but I agree that it's less listenable.