Have You Ever Been Asked To Leave / Kicked Out Of Somewhere ??

Lucas

Have You Ever Been Asked To Leave Somewhere ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Been Asked/Told To leave Somewhere ?

• Yes .. yes, I have
    • No, never
    • I rarely go anywhere, so no

I had an entertaining conversation with my friend Arthur the other day, and we had some good laughs about the past ..

Back to the topic at hand - Have you ever been asked to leave or thrown out of a store, someone's home, a public place, etc ??

Was it justified ??

About ten years ago, Arthur invited me to see a mutual friend's band perform at Arthur's church ... It was a bit more organized than an open mic night, as there were a number of performers that night ...

The stage was set up in a large room, and the 150 people or so filled the rows and rows of chairs ..

Before our friend took the stage, there was a female poet/vocalist/acoustic guitarist who was performing her original songs ala Joni Mitchell ..

Arthur and I were standing in the back of the room as there were no chairs unoccupied ... Keep in mind that this is a church, and the people in attendance are keeping the vibe as such ..... After a few songs, the young woman introduces her next song:

This song is called Blood And Fire

I turn my head to Arthur and quietly say ".. a song about my last bowel movement

Involuntarily, Arthur bursts out in laughter, prompting everyone seated to turn around and glare .. The performer is mortified ..

We exit as fast as we can and find an unoccupied room somewhere in the church .... even though we realized that what we;ve caused was disrespectful, we cannot contain the laughter ... and it was probably that idiotic laughter that gave us away, as within a minute or so, someone came into the room as was like "ok your two, out ... OUT

• Like 7

Mine was a childhood debacle in which I wasn't ASKED to leave, I just found out I was "No Longer Needed". A kid who had an 'important' {read made lots of money} father, and the most cool toys 'n' stuff that that money could buy, kicked me out of his 'Club' which turned out to be the "WE HATE GARY MORNINGSTAR Club". This kid, changed the name of the HATED person every couple of weeks, and so on....Bothered me at the time, but I got over it QUICKLY! Big story there, but that was a WHILE ago....Before I was 10.

hM2WC5Y.gifjXasbkU.gifO30JbRV.gif4zJ1lAX.gif

• Like 1

I was kicked out of a storage place when I was 14. If they didn't want me in the storage unit, they should have had a lock on it. Cartons and cartons of Marlboro's made for a profitable summer.
  • Like 2

Used to be a weekly occurrence back in the day when I had a more "complicated" relationship with booze and drugs, but not for a long time now.
  • Like 2

Gee. Guess I led kind of a sheltered life before we moved to the town I live in now....

lcvHXFL.gif

I was asked to leave Mount Rushmore because my parrot was on my shoulder and got spooked and flew off to a restricted area. His wings were clipped but I still had to access the area to go get him. They weren't very happy about that

I was a Boy Scout.

:laughing guy:

So was I, in my youth. The concept of work, money, and freedom, and the things you can get with them are hugely influencing factors.
  • Like 1

I was a Boy Scout.

:laughing guy:

So was I, in my youth. The concept of work, money, and freedom, and the things you can get with them are hugely influencing factors.

Me also. Made it to EAGLE. A chance to land a job with FORD MOTOR COMPANY, got in the way of further scouting endeavors.

:banana:

Not me, but my high school buddy just told me his story of getting kicked out of Ally Sheedy's New York vacation condo. They were invited to stay as guests of her brother, but...

They went out clubbing, and one of them got too drunk to stay out, so tyey took him back to the condo (which was replete with doirman, private elevator...). They left him and went back of fod more fun, only to find a note on the entrance upon returning:

"Guests of [brother] Sheedy, you are no longer welcome. You will find your friend in his car."

The friend, who had binged on vodka-cranberry, had apparently vomited all over the condo and passed out on the floor. Another Sheedy awoke to find what she thought was a bloody mess and a corpse. :LOL:

• Like 6

It's not really getting kicked out, but getting kicked in . . . In our 20's, Mr. blues and I threw an umbrella drinks party- lots of rum. It was actually less rowdy than some other occasions but the neighbors (who routinely ignored their dogs and would tie them out for days) called the police. We got told to go inside and got the "we don't want to come out here again" lecture. Come to think of it, it was shortly after I called the humane society about their dogs . . .

Same place, we also used to go out in a group and then go to the local pancake house late at night. Didn't get kicked out, but always got seated around the corner in the section where they would put crying babies and loud students !

• Like 3

Why no, of course not. As you can tell by my forum posts, I'm the epitome of decorum. :angel:

hmmm, let's see if I can find a story that didn't involve restraining orders. Ahhh yes....

Not really kicked out of a place, but I was fired from being a board member from the local kiddie AYSO soccer league mid-season. They fired the guy in charge of referees as well, so I didn't feel so bad. Mind you, this was a totally voluntary position. So it's sort of like getting fired from Salvation Army for ringing the bell too loud or 'inappropriately'.

My 'crime' to cause this? I didn't agree at all with the nutjob lady that was running the league. I was in charge of fields and equipment which meant a) I needed to buy a cargo van or truck, because they didn't have any storage units for the gear b) I had to spend an entire weekend measuring and painting the fields (about 5 fields) c) I had to spend at least 4-5 hours every weekend after that repainting the fields with spray paint on a wheel cart (as low tech as you could get). The night before I was fired, I set up the field on a Wedsnesday for a make-up game. The ref didn't show up (the other guy that got fired), so I stuck around and reffed the game as well running the field in my work loafers and dockers. For that honor, the next night I was fired. When they wanted all their gear I drove it to the field before they got there and just chucked it all over the field. As you can tell, I don't suffer fools well and the lady running the league was a head case.

Oh and there's quite a few baseball games that I pushed things to the edge, but I was always wiley enough to know my limits.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 5

Just classes, mostly in elementary school. Gigglefits and talking, mostly.

That reminds me, I got kicked out of Geometry one day for a practical joke I laughed at. I got sent to the Assistant Principals office [he was the 'Punisher']

That was the only time I was sent out of class...llth grade Geometry...

:banana:

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2

Anyone else here achieve the Catholic School Punishment Trifecta: spanking, caning, and strap? I got all three!

Caning and strap in grade 1 (!) and humiliation spanking in grade 4.

Ah, the good old days.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2

Anyone else here achieve the Catholic School Punishment Trifecta: spanking, caning, and strap? I got all three!

Ah, the good old days.

Those are things that I would pay good money for these days

• Like 4

Ah, the good old days.

Ha! No need to pay - just find yourself someone with a bit of a dark side...

• Like 1

Ah, the good old days.

you're sounding like you want to volunteer... :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Ah, the good old days.

Always preferred to be the one tied up, actually.

Damn, I miss her.

• Like 4

Ah, the good old days.

Always preferred to be the one tied up, actually.

Damn, I miss her.

well you can find anything on Craigslist, soooo yeahhhh.....
  • Like 1

Just classes, mostly in elementary school. Gigglefits and talking, mostly.

I'm fairly sure I got sent to the Headteacher once, but I can't remember why now. It's been 35 years.

• Like 1

I was called out in a grade 10 english class one fine day by Sister Sabina, the last nun standing. It seems that I scuffed a Catholic School board paperback on the way home during one of my twice daily 1.5 mile walks home ... before earning my drivers license.

When she threatened to make me reimburse the CSB ... I looked in her beady eyes and and stated ... it's a piece of shit anyways and ethics has no place in literature curriculum.

There was an audible silence before she asked me to leave. Everyone started laughing as I walked out the door barely able to contain a smirk on my face and a gleam in my eye.

I never got kicked out of class ever again and recieved a passing grade of 75 percent.

Edited by Tinwoodsman
  • Like 4