Gender Issues...

OldRUSHfan

It's extremly stupid how people on this planet view differences between the genders. promoted by RELIGION no less! A Spanish CATHOLIC WOMAN, is EMBARASSED because her Husband was deep in DEPRESSION and commited SUICIDE? Like this makes him LESS OF A MAN? All because of laws put forth because of her RELIGION? You know this goes on with almost ALL religions. How do people's brains tell them this is RATIONAL THOUGHT?

DAPEUTp.gif

• Like 1

ORFie, this is something that I was talkin' about in my thread .. You could have really expanded on it ..

I think your post here goes beyond gender

Do you see things getting worse ??

I just DON'T see 'em gettin' any BETTER. And it's stupidity to follow theories that DON'T WORK, people. Certain facts are not always TRUE. It's up to YOU, people! YOU can do it if you try! EVERYONE has their MONSTERS. You have to WANT to beat them. It IS possible! I'm FIGHTING my OWN monsters. I KNOW I can BEAT them, but it takes WORK! I KNOW I can DO IT!

Be5CXzE.gif

Source info? I'm interested in why he did it. Most religions take a dim view of suicide, but Catholics especially. Being raised RC this was (as was everything else) drummed into us.
  • Like 1

I just DON'T see 'em gettin' any BETTER. And it's stupidity to follow theories that DON'T WORK, people. Certain facts are not always TRUE. It's up to YOU, people! YOU can do it if you try! EVERYONE has their MONSTERS. You have to WANT to beat them. It IS possible! I'm FIGHTING my OWN monsters. I KNOW I can BEAT them, but it takes WORK! I KNOW I can DO IT!

Be5CXzE.gif

I wouldn't say the excessive use of capitalization is a monster, just annoying AF

• Like 1

Source info? I'm interested in why he did it. Most religions take a dim view of suicide, but Catholics especially. Being raised RC this was (as was everything else) drummed into us.

Hi, PJ! The point is, does commiting suicide make the guy less of a MAN, because some person associated with the Christian religion says so? That's just idiotic. I was raised in an offshoot, the Church of The Nazarene. I got into questioning that dogma quite early in my life, even before having tried Marijuana. But most people believe this tripe because of age old religious teachings[read- INDOCTINATIONS] and looking at it now, I think it's LUDICROUS! it IS one of the biggest, stupid habits we have in the world today....I guess we humans can't think for ourselves...If people want to believe this stuff go ahead. I don't.

I hope stuff cools down for you guys PJ!

JfVSW6S.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, PJ! The point is, does commiting suicide make the guy less of a MAN, because some person associated with the Christian religion says so? That's just idiotic. I was raised in an offshoot, the Church of The Nazarene. I got into questioning that dogma quite early in my life, even before having tried Marijuana. But most people believe this tripe because of age old religious teachings[read- INDOCTINATIONS] and looking at it now, I think it's LUDICROUS! it IS one of the biggest, stupid habits we have in the world today....I guess we humans can't think for ourselves...If people want to believe this stuff go ahead. I don't.

JfVSW6S.jpg

We three kids were raised RC, but my eldest sister was also educated RC, through high school, and she persuaded he husband to convert. Some of the stuff she used to email me was right up there with the Eastboro Baptist kooks, and the political stuff was on a level of the worst of the TG thread from the CP board until I told her to stop.

Karen's sister converted to JW, and that's another pot of stew. Jeez Louise!

• Like 1

Be5CXzE.gif

I wouldn't say the excessive use of capitalization is a monster, just annoying AF

NYAH NYAH!!!

fxR2rjA.jpg

JfVSW6S.jpg

We three kids were raised RC, but my eldest sister was also educated RC, through high school, and she persuaded he husband to convert. Some of the stuff she used to email me was right up there with the Eastboro Baptist kooks, and the political stuff was on a level of the worst of the TG thread from the CP board until I told her to stop.

Yeah. I got rid of a couple JWs one day with my first wife when I got out my .44 Magnum, 8-3/8 inch barrel, and was cleaning it when they came to the door. When invited in, they talked to my wife and I while I cleaned my gun. They didn't stay very long! and when we left to go to the store, a bunch of them were standing and talking about my gun and I a few yards away!

FQYLzug.gif

• Like 2

When I view the state of religion these days I thank God I'm agnostic.

If people find religion adds value to their lives, then that's great. It's just that I found the most f***ed up people I come across, relatives, acquaintances, co-workers, are religious. It's like they think they get their 'get into heaven free' card if they go to church. So they can be repulsive human beings during the week but all is forgiven if they show up to church on Sunday. Let's start by not living your life as an asshole so you don't have to rely on this 'forgiven' part shall we?

I grew up Methodist, which was pretty open minded. After my teens, I felt, ok I get this...don't be a dick,do good things, etc. So no need for religion since then. Back in the day, church was more of a 'social club' thing. Now it seems like it's for the feeble minded loonies who can't manage to wipe their ass unless God tells them to. If your examine my lifestyle, I'm probably more moral or Christian than the headcases that claim to be Christian.

Guilt doesn't work on me. I don't give up forgiveness easily either, so don't try to f**k me over and play your 'jesus loves me' card.

Occasionally I'll entertain some religious talk but it always comes back to feeling like someone is selling me some lines of bullshit and playing me for a fool.

I think religion is the root source for why the world is f***ed up. It's all 'my god is better than your god' bullshit that prevents people from looking at other cultures as equals.

Each to his own, but I'm really comfortable with my views.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 4

If people find religion adds value to their lives, then that's great. It's just that I found the most f***ed up people I come across, relatives, acquaintances, co-workers, are religious. It's like they think they get their 'get into heaven free' card if they go to church. So they can be repulsive human beings during the week but all is forgiven if they show up to church on Sunday. Let's start by not living your life as an asshole so you don't have to rely on this 'forgiven' part shall we?

I grew up Methodist, which was pretty open minded. After my teens, I felt, ok I get this...don't be a dick,do good things, etc. So no need for religion since then. Back in the day, church was more of a 'social club' thing. Now it seems like it's for the feeble minded loonies who can't manage to wipe their ass unless God tells them to. If your examine my lifestyle, I'm probably more moral or Christian than the headcases that claim to be Christian.

Guilt doesn't work on me. I don't give up forgiveness easily either, so don't try to f**k me over and play your 'jesus loves me' card.

Occasionally I'll entertain some religious talk but it always comes back to feeling like someone is selling me some lines of bullshit and playing me for a fool.

I think religion is the root source for why the world is f***ed up. It's all 'my god is better than your god' bullshit that prevents people from looking at other cultures as equals.

Preach it brother. Just look back to the 20th century and all of those slaughtered in the world wars or by governments in Russia, China, and Cambodia in the name of religion.

ETA: Apparently what I thought was a sarcastic but fairly unsubtle post was more subtle than I thought, judging by who likes it and their other posts in this thread. In the 20th century far more were killed due to nationalism, patriotism, and the perverse idea that man is perfectable than due to religion.

I'm not excusing the heinous acts in the name of religion, there's plenty of that, but to say that this is virtually the only reason for mass slaughter ignores 100 plus million deaths in recent history not in any way linked to religion, with most of them done by people and ideologies that expressly reject and oppose it.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

STOP READING MY MIND,DAMMIT! Lol

1izFs1y.gif

• Like 2

STOP READING MY MIND,DAMMIT! Lol

1izFs1y.gif

dude, i know...i have such a headache now
  • Like 1

Preach it brother. Just look back to the 20th century and all of those slaughtered in the world wars or by governments in Russia, China, and Cambodia in the name of religion.

There should be a church for agnostics. Just self-help life stuff with no bullshit fairy tale crap. Hell, the 10 commandments are pretty good lifestyle suggestions. Just leave out the Easter Bunny theories.

When you think about it, all religions are based on the 'boogieman in the closet' theory. Homey don't play dat.

• Like 3

There should be a church for agnostics. Just self-help life stuff with no bullshit fairy tale crap. Hell, the 10 commandments are pretty good lifestyle suggestions. Just leave out the Easter Bunny theories.

When you think about it, all religions are based on the 'boogieman in the closet' theory. Homey don't play dat.

That (your last paragraph) is probably true of most, but it's also a large element in the dogma of the two main political parties and especially among populists of the left and right, and that, for the most part, has next to nothing to do with religion. Europe is largely a post religious society, and their recent history and current situation is even more dire in this regard than that in the US.

If you're religious or even if you're not, the Golden Rule is a pretty good guiding philosophy. Or if that's too religious for you, go with the non aggression principle associated with libertarianism.

• Like 1

JfVSW6S.jpg

Yeah. I got rid of a couple JWs one day with my first wife when I got out my .44 Magnum, 8-3/8 inch barrel, and was cleaning it when they came to the door. When invited in, they talked to my wife and I while I cleaned my gun. They didn't stay very long! and when we left to go to the store, a bunch of them were standing and talking about my gun and I a few yards away!

FQYLzug.gif

Oh, they were invited in? Not happening at house. I'd just politely advise them their "rights" are null and void on my side of the property line, and kindly move along before I call the authorities to have you arrested for violating my 1st Amendment rights.
  • Like 2