Jump to content


Very unpopular albums by great bands that you love?


  • Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#121 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17600 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:55 PM

Green Day-Warning

Again not really hated as much as ignored.

but the tunes on here are just as good if not better than past records, IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000, 14 July 2018 - 10:56 PM.


Sponsored Post

#122 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1929 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver,WA USA
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

#123 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 24621 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:22 PM

Without going back through the thread, did anyone already say Chinese Democracy?

I did.  lol.

Edited by Rick N. Backer, 15 July 2018 - 01:32 PM.


#124 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 34791 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 15 July 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Without going back through the thread, did anyone already say Chinese Democracy?

I did.  lol.

I think this is their best effort. I played it when it came out. My first full GnR album and I went backwards...wasn't that impressed by any FULL albums.

#125 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17600 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 15 July 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 15 July 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Without going back through the thread, did anyone already say Chinese Democracy?

I did.  lol.

I think this is their best effort. I played it when it came out. My first full GnR album and I went backwards...wasn't that impressed by any FULL albums.

i played it once back in 08.  than I remembered Axl's still in the band and never again.

good god is he awful.

Mick

#126 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 34791 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 15 July 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 15 July 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 15 July 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Without going back through the thread, did anyone already say Chinese Democracy?

I did.  lol.

I think this is their best effort. I played it when it came out. My first full GnR album and I went backwards...wasn't that impressed by any FULL albums.

i played it once back in 08.  than I remembered Axl's still in the band and never again.

good god is he awful.

Mick

His voice is both magnificent and absolutely unbearable. I mean I've been super impressed by some of the songs he has sung. He has a voice unlike any other.

But...and I mean this politely...He's every bit as overrated as Slash.

Slash has spent his entire career sounding exactly the same. And he hired Myles only to encourage him to sing like Axl. Eew.

#127 Bigbobby10

Bigbobby10

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3234 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 14 July 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

Green Day-Warning

Again not really hated as much as ignored.

but the tunes on here are just as good if not better than past records, IMO.

Mick

Good choice, I completely forgot about how good this album was, actually one of my favorites by them

#128 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

    The Majestik Moose

  • Members
  • 4418 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Burnaby, BC

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

In Through the Out Door

#129 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 60069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent, Your Mom

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:09 AM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 15 July 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

In Through the Out Door
It gets dogged, but I really enjoy it.

#130 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:55 AM

View Postgoose, on 16 July 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 15 July 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

In Through the Out Door
It gets dogged, but I really enjoy it.
I always liked it. I never understood the negativity.

#131 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17600 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:49 AM

Presto.

Technically.......outside HERE.  it is.

actuallt you could list a ton of Rush albums than, lol

Mick

#132 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 34791 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

He Your Fire
Presto
Roll The Bones
Vapor Trails

#133 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17600 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

Power Windows too.  Love it.....i often forget it.......but i really REALLY do.

Mick

#134 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 34791 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Power Windows too.  Love it.....i often forget it.......but i really REALLY do.

Mick

Oh gosh I'm so guilty of this too!

#135 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17600 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 16 July 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Power Windows too.  Love it.....i often forget it.......but i really REALLY do.

Mick

Oh gosh I'm so guilty of this too!

i'll say Synth Rush is my fav Rush

Miick

#136 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 34791 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:15 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 July 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 16 July 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Power Windows too.  Love it.....i often forget it.......but i really REALLY do.

Mick

Oh gosh I'm so guilty of this too!

i'll say Synth Rush is my fav Rush

Miick

My favourite run of album uninterrupted is Grace Under Pressure through to Roll The Bones. That's probably two eras but oh well haha

#137 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 16763 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:53rd & 3rd

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostReRushed, on 16 July 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 16 July 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 15 July 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

In Through the Out Door
It gets dogged, but I really enjoy it.
I always liked it. I never understood the negativity.
Same here...i loved it from my very first spin.

#138 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 16763 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:53rd & 3rd

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Power Windows too.  Love it.....i often forget it.......but i really REALLY do.

Mick
"Power Windows" was one of those "pivotal" albums for me. "Marathon" was a theme song for me when it was time to get my act together after years of rock and roll excess.

#139 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:31 PM

View PostThe Cat 3, on 16 July 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 16 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Power Windows too.  Love it.....i often forget it.......but i really REALLY do.

Mick
"Power Windows" was one of those "pivotal" albums for me. "Marathon" was a theme song for me when it was time to get my act together after years of rock and roll excess.
Rush's first true concept album. Thematically perfect.

#140 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

Whoops

Edited by ReRushed, 16 July 2018 - 03:58 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users