Very unpopular albums by great bands that you love?

Texas King

St Anger - Metallica....Horrible, horrible record with weak songwriting and perhaps the worst drum sound in creation.

Ring Ring - ABBA - not exactly bad but naive, and their English hadn't fully developed yet.

And we must not forget no guitar solo's. so the songs seem a billion years longer than they really are.

god i hate that album.

Mick

Yeah I hate ABBA too. ;)

don't get me started. i love pop......but for some reason. they don't do it for me.

rather annoying pop actually, IMO.

Mick

I don't know this is really unpopular. but it's certainly mixed to negative.

Metallica-Load

i love this record. like.....a TON, lol

Mick

Reload and Load could have made a single masterpiece if only the best songs from each were used. I find both very bloated and woefully overlong, but at the same time I too agree that Load is a fantastic album. I enjoy both as a matter of fact.

• Like 2

I don't know this is really unpopular. but it's certainly mixed to negative.

Metallica-Load

i love this record. like.....a TON, lol

Mick

Reload and Load could have made a single masterpiece if only the best songs from each were used. I find both very bloated and woefully overlong, but at the same time I too agree that Load is a fantastic album. I enjoy both as a matter of fact.

oh i could easily make cuts to both. but of the two. i'm more likely play load straight through.

Mick

220px-Muse_Sick-n-Hour_Mess_Age.jpg

Small_World.jpg

I saw Huey Lewis on that tour. My first arena rock show.

Sports was the first album I remember hearing when I was 3 years old. My dad had it when it came out.

Good call by Mick on Load. That’s the most consistent of the back to back Loads. Reload is hit or miss and a chore to listen to at times.

• Like 1

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

After they shoot themselves in the foot over here with Hot Space. this was a nice bounceback. my easy fav of 8o's Queen

Mick

Tell me about it. I mean, I think over the years people have picked up a little bit on a couple of the singles from that one, but that should've been a smash hit in America when it came out, along with A Kind Of Magic, and they had no such luck. I think 80s America must've been looking for some excuse to get away with their homophobia, and Hot Space totally flopping was just that.

I'm not saying 80s Queen was just as great as 70s Queen, but it definitely deserves more than a passing thought. I mean people realize the memes and most popular pictures of Freddie are all from the 80s, right?

• Like 2

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

After they shoot themselves in the foot over here with Hot Space. this was a nice bounceback. my easy fav of 8o's Queen

Mick

Tell me about it. I mean, I think over the years people have picked up a little bit on a couple of the singles from that one, but that should've been a smash hit in America when it came out, along with A Kind Of Magic, and they had no such luck. I think 80s America must've been looking for some excuse to get away with their homophobia, and Hot Space totally flopping was just that.

I'm not saying 80s Queen was just as great as 70s Queen, but it definitely deserves more than a passing thought. I mean people realize the memes and most popular pictures of Freddie are all from the 80s, right?

Innuendo aside, I am very sure I have always been right about 80s Queen being shite

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

Mick

Innuendo aside, I am very sure I have always been right about 80s Queen being shite

shit is too strongz a term. but it pales next to 70's queen. only HS was total shit, IMO.

Mick

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

Mick

Innuendo isn't 80s though.

• Like 1

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

Mick

i always think Segue is harder on Queen than most bands......weird relationship that is, lol

Mick

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

Mick

i always think Segue is harder on Queen than most bands......weird relationship that is, lol

Mick

Well, I imagine they saturate the radio and daily life even more in the UK than over here, so I could see how they could wear thin if you initially didn't love them.

• Like 1

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

Mick

Mick

Well, I imagine they saturate the radio and daily life even more in the UK than over here, so I could see how they could wear thin if you initially didn't love them.

I still think they are very overrated but I can appreciate how fine they were in their prime. Which lasted about five/six albums.

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

Mick

Mick

I still think they are very overrated but I can appreciate how fine they were in their prime. Which lasted about fifteen albums.

;) :P

lol, I had to, no hard feelings.

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

Mick

Mick

I still think they are very overrated but I can appreciate how fine they were in their prime. Which lasted about fifteen albums.

;) :P

lol, I had to, no hard feelings.

It would be funny if I secretly agreed. I don't. Queen are to my ears what ABBA is to Micks.

Only I quite like a little Queen.

The Works-Queen.

At least in the US.

Mick

My favorite 80s Queen as well.

220px-IORNRCover.jpg

220px-Livedistance.jpg

220px-PearlJam-NoCode.jpg

220px-Green_Day_Insomiac.jpg

I hated Insomniac at first but years later I revisited it and loved it.

• Like 2

Green Day-Warning

Again not really hated as much as ignored.

but the tunes on here are just as good if not better than past records, IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Without going back through the thread, did anyone already say Chinese Democracy?

I did. lol.

I think this is their best effort. I played it when it came out. My first full GnR album and I went backwards...wasn't that impressed by any FULL albums.

Without going back through the thread, did anyone already say Chinese Democracy?

I did. lol.

I think this is their best effort. I played it when it came out. My first full GnR album and I went backwards...wasn't that impressed by any FULL albums.

i played it once back in 08. than I remembered Axl's still in the band and never again.

good god is he awful.

Mick