Lost in Vegas - RUSH 2112 reaction.

treeduck

Rolling Stone seems to have nailed it years ago. These guys were funny talking about the "cheese" of Discovery. Maybe they felt the same way listening to Tai Shan for the first time

They didn't seem to realise that he commits suicide.

There probably is even some debate among Rush fans where the "We have assumed control" is coming from ..

Still...?

There probably is even some debate among Rush fans where the "We have assumed control" is coming from ..

It's Peart with a wash cloth in his mouth!

It always seemed to me to be kind of a forced ending otherwise it would have gone on forever.

Pretty epic ending but still....

• Like 1

Life blood spilling over. I thought perhaps the priests had him killed and then someone else came in and took over their civilization (we have assumed control), ending it for the priests.

Cool to see this posted on youtube after only being on the pay site for a few weeks.

Some of the Rush "epics" took me multiple listens and time to fully appreciate. Even 2112. The LIV guys give such thoughtful reactions...I'd expect nothing less.

• Like 6

It seems to me that George and Ryan have developed an ear for good rock and roll. Good for them to head into this venture of their lives with open minds. I'm a fan. Edited by liquidcrystalcompass
  • Like 5

I think in another thread on LIV someone posted a link that went to this video on youtube even though it wasn't officially up yet, so I saw it then. Great vid, not sure how that link worked that I got to see it sooner.

“He’s a f***ing octopus!” lol

Fun couple of guys with a lot of thoughtfulness behind their comments.

Agreed. They really are entertaining, bringing the hip-hop generation IQ into a different light. Meaning, they may have brains. No seriously, they gave us the full monty on this one. I really appreciate it. There needs to be a YouTube channel dedicated to reviewing their reactions.
  • Like 1

“He’s a f***ing octopus!” lol

Fun couple of guys with a lot of thoughtfulness behind their comments.

Agreed. They really are entertaining, bringing the hip-hop generation IQ into a different light. Meaning, they may have brains. No seriously, they gave us the full monty on this one. I really appreciate it. There needs to be a YouTube channel dedicated to reviewing their reactions.

Brilliant! Well, do it man!
  • Like 1

The LIV guys are pretty cool, and I like their honesty, even when I disagree with them. They enjoy Rush, but they've been pretty critical of other bands such as Dragonforce Dream Theater and Slayer. Nonetheless, they still respect the musicianship, even if they admit it's not their style. However, they have had nothing but praise for Rush in the four videos they've done.

I just hope they would do more recent stuff, whether it be the synth era of the 80's or the more rock oriented style since. I've love to see their take on a song like Subdivisions or Big Money.

The LIV guys are pretty cool, and I like their honesty, even when I disagree with them. They enjoy Rush, but they've been pretty critical of other bands such as Dragonforce Dream Theater and Slayer. Nonetheless, they still respect the musicianship, even if they admit it's not their style. However, they have had nothing but praise for Rush in the four videos they've done.

I just hope they would do more recent stuff, whether it be the synth era of the 80's or the more rock oriented style since. I've love to see their take on a song like Subdivisions or Big Money.

They have a very good was for music. I love their videos and often even if I disagree on a song or artist I can respect easily from their explanations why they react the way they do.

Many MANY metal fans don't like Dragonforce and Slayer.

• Like 2

Reaction videos are irritating and pointless. I already react to songs, without having to watch someone else also react but with their stupid exaggerated expressions that only serve to annoy.

And then I watched these guys on recommendation within this forum a while back. It was a bad idea to click, why did I want to be annoyed? Maybe I just wanted to revel in the rightness of continuing to hate reaction videos.

I was surprised. George and Ryan are insightful and intelligent. They listen to every part of the song. They explore the choices a band makes and they consider the meaning of the lyrics. They study the song and they offer actual reactions rather than exaggerated poses. Sometimes I disagree, but I always understand why they disagree with me. Usually I agree. And because I love their reviews I listen to artists I don't already know that they review.

I already listen to all genre, so I appreciate that they are willing to do so as well.

These guys are not just operators of a reaction channel. They are excellent critics and as far as I'm concerned have more in common with Bangs, Marcus, Ross, or Christgau than the average juvenile face-making reaction star.

I know that's hyperbolic, they aren't music scholars nor journalists. But they are critics, and they are serious.

It's a good channel and it can only get better if they keep listening to everything and keep trying to understand WHY something exists.

• Like 5