3 replies to this topic

#1 pjbear05

pjbear05

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4888 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:06 PM

I don't know, maybe I'm just cheap, but one thing that really chaps my ass is the rip off prices of styluses for tablets.  I'll keep one or two spares at most. If the rubber tip is tearing and about to come off I've been successful repairing it with silicone adhesive. Any other ideas out there?

Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 11878 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:47 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 04 July 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

I don't know, maybe I'm just cheap, but one thing that really chaps my ass is the rip off prices of styluses for tablets.  I'll keep one or two spares at most. If the rubber tip is tearing and about to come off I've been successful repairing it with silicone adhesive. Any other ideas out there?

We have had good luck with these ones- but I use them on a Kindle fire tablet that didn't have a stylus to begin with so they didn't have to fit any certain space or slot.  $6.95 for nine of them and they last about a year each (or until I lose the frickin' package and order them again!)

https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posted Image

#3 Day of Light

Day of Light

Too Much Information

• Members *
  • 13930 posts
  • Interests:education, practical philosophy, veganism, feminism, aesthetics, the arts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

If losing the whole stylus is not a concern I recommend getting one with replaceable tips. That way you can just pay for the plastic nibs at the end rather than the whole thing when they wear out.

#4 pjbear05

pjbear05

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4888 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:54 PM

Ended up getting them at The Dirty W(almart), skinny stylus/ ball point pen combo @ 5 for $10.  Decent enough pen, and the stylus works like a charm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users