Obsession albums

Red3angel

thinking on it. with Rush. honestly i don't think i've ever been as obsessed with them like other bands.

but........i think these albums if i think of the term obsessed.

Permanent Waves

Hold your Fire

Hemispheres

Presto.

yea those four.

Mick

Interested to hear what your thoughts were the first time you played the HYF album in it's entirety?

My 2 cents, I loved it on release. At the time it seemed like a natural progression and that the band had finally gound the full sound they'd been looking for.

And then the years passed, and now the music has aged to my ears as well as their haircuts and jackets have to my eyes.

Did you smoke a lot of marijuana back then? ;)

PeW, which was their new album when I discovered them at a friend's house who's older brother had the album, probably wore out a needle on our record player. Then MP came out, and you might catch my mother singing Limelight to herself around the house I played it so much. ESL really steered me towards the back catalog. Signals remains my third favorite album from them, probably in part because of where they were and I was at the time. After that, Snakes was the next album I played a ton, because I thought then (and still do) that it was the album that should have come after Signals. CA because it's a great album, and my love affair with the band had been renewed. I can enjoy all their other albums to some degree, some more, some much less, but I wouldn't call any of the others "obsessions."

thinking on it. with Rush. honestly i don't think i've ever been as obsessed with them like other bands.

Permanent Waves

Hold your Fire

Hemispheres

Presto.

yea those four.

Mick

Interested to hear what your thoughts were the first time you played the HYF album in it's entirety?

My 2 cents, I loved it on release. At the time it seemed like a natural progression and that the band had finally gound the full sound they'd been looking for.

And then the years passed, and now the music has aged to my ears as well as their haircuts and jackets have to my eyes.

Did you smoke a lot of marijuana back then? ;)

:LOL:

• Like 1

PeW was my sister's and I's intro to Rush...so that warranted some obsession. Moving Pictures was our first concert, so ditto. Grace Under Pressure, the same. Retro-obsession for 2112...played that non-stop for a while (cue 'the rollerskating story'). Signals didn't gel w/ me as much. By the time Counterparts rolled around though there were more influences to my musical taste, more things happening in my life. So when the new albums came out they didn't provide as hard a hit...also didn't help that they weren't as good in overall quality as the 70s and early 80s albums, and the styles were vastly changing. Though I did love Roll the Bones and Test for Echo for short times, the love wasn't as obsessive as for those early ones.
  • Like 1

clockwork angels was the album that kickstarted my obsession with rush when i was 15. i listened to it nonstop and i still love it. i think the one i was really into after that was vapor trails because it reminded me of my childhood.
  • Like 1

These are the Rush albums I've obsessed over the most. I guess that makes them my favourites! In order of when I discovered them:

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

A Farewell to Kings

Vapor Trails

WE ARE SO SIMILAR!

• Like 1

Permanent Waves

Hold your Fire

Hemispheres

Presto.

yea those four.

Mick

First time i heard it.......i thought it was a piece of utter shit. and i thought that for years. i first played it in about 97 maybe.

Than in like 2008 it clicked majorly. it has since climbed up to be my fav.

Mick

• Like 1

Right now kinda obsessed by Counterparts again. This album so rich, exotic & textured, like it swept away all the lighter stuff of previous decade (that were brilliant but light)

I love Counterparts, even the lyrics more opulent

Moving Pictures, surely. Snakes and Arrows, likely.

But if there's anything definite, it's what got my RushTrain a rollin' - ESL.

Permanent Waves

Hold your Fire

Hemispheres

Presto.

yea those four.

Mick

First time i heard it.......i thought it was a piece of utter shit. and i thought that for years. i first played it in about 97 maybe.

Mick

LMFAO! That is exactly the response I was hoping for.
  • Like 1

Permanent Waves

Hold your Fire

Hemispheres

Presto.

yea those four.

Mick

Mick

LMFAO! That is exactly the response I was hoping for.

Oh yea had i joined this forum in like the early to mid 2000's you'd have heard me say ZERO nice things about HYF.

funny how we change, lol

Mick

I'd say that other than anything live, I'd be obsessed with

Caress of Steel

AFKT

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

and Snakes & Arrows

Counterparts and Clockwork Angels are close behind.

Don't get me wrong... I LIKE the other stuff...but these albums all mean something to me.

Caress Of Steel in hi-res.

As for the previous poster, wouldn’t the R.E.M. forum not be a better option for you?

Unless they banned you, of course...

Shut Up and just leave me alone already sheesh

Agreed. You can still post here and enjoy other bands/artists. R.E.M. are amazing anyway!

• Like 1

As for the previous poster, wouldn’t the R.E.M. forum not be a better option for you?

it's Ok......tony is just a miserable dick.

Mick

• Like 2

Agreed. You can still post here and enjoy other bands/artists. R.E.M. are amazing anyway!

Very true Segue and yes, R.E.M. are!

Bill is my fav member, So.Central Rain (I'm Sorry) is my fav song, Can't Get There From Here and Man On The Moon are my fav videos, and Green is my album from em!!

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 1

Bill is my fav member, So.Central Rain (I'm Sorry) is my fav song, Can't Get There From Here and Man On The Moon are my fav videos, and Green is my album from em!!

I really love all the albums up til and including Adventures In Hi-Fi and I own all the albums up til then plus rarities compilations.

Not sure what my favourite song is. The Great Beyond is definitley up there

• Like 1

I really love all the albums up til and including Adventures In Hi-Fi and I own all the albums up til then plus rarities compilations.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have Green and AFTP on cd plus a rare interview picture disc I found, and the R.E.M. shirt I painted months ago.

Edited by Permanent-Rush

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have Green and AFTP on cd plus a rare interview picture disc I found, and the R.E.M. shirt I painted months ago.

As far as REM goes i kinda stop at Automatic for the People.

but really every album after is sprinkled with quality tunes/.

Mick

• Like 1