Obsession albums

Red3angel

Which rush albums got under your skin where you are obsessed with them in other words they are your favorites even if they’re not other people’s favorites. Mine would be hemispheres, Kings, grace, caress, clockwork
  • Like 1

The albums I have truly been obsessed with are:

Caress Of Steel

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

Presto

Roll The Bones

Vapor Trails

The album I have had the deepest, most powerful bond with is Vapor Trails. It really connected with me when I was dealing with the fallout to a particularly harsh moment in my life recently. I loved it already, but then it just became so much more. Same thing happened with Lacuna Coil's Delirium.

• Like 4

thinking on it. with Rush. honestly i don't think i've ever been as obsessed with them like other bands.

but........i think these albums if i think of the term obsessed.

Permanent Waves

Hold your Fire

Hemispheres

Presto.

yea those four.

Mick

• Like 1

obsessed with a particular Rush album...hm...well, AFTK sure. Honestly, most of them from 2112 to PoW I've probably been obsessed with at some point, but now they're just like family to me.
  • Like 1

I guess I need to put presto on more . I always liked that it was a good mix of their various styles

Presto's so underrated.

Mick

True, but that's because the English language hasn't evolved to the point (and probably never will) such that words appropriate to the degree it sucks have been developed.

• Like 2

I guess I need to put presto on more . I always liked that it was a good mix of their various styles

Presto's so underrated.

Mick

True, but that's because the English language hasn't evolved to the point (and probably never will) such that words appropriate to the degree it sucks have been developed.

you're a bitter dude aren't ya......need a hug?

:D :D :D

Mick

• Like 1

Presto's so underrated.

Mick

Mick

Nah, I'm good. It's just that life s too short for such a dull soundtrack. It's like Ged and Alex (who was barely even in the band at that point) said to each other, if Neil's going to spend time writing songs about wordplay and games children play when they're bored or out of ideas, we're certainly not going to spend that much time with the accompaniment.

• Like 3

Presto's so underrated.

Mick

Mick

Nah, I'm good. It's just that life s too short for such a dull soundtrack. It's like Ged and Alex (who was barely even in the band at that point) said to each other, if Neil's going to spend time writing songs about wordplay and games children play when they're bored or out of ideas, we're certainly not going to spend that much time with the accompaniment.

Ok just checking........i'll agree with you here. Hand over fist is indeed awful.

Mick

• Like 1

That’s a hard one. At one point or another, I’ve obsessed with every single release. I would play every new record like it was the only one I had for a very long time. So I guess my answer would be “all of them”.
  • Like 2

Moving Pictures through to Power Windows especially Grace.HYF i mostly loved but it started getting a bit mushy .Counterparts was at low point in my life.All i had was some clothes,a boombox,about 50 cds/tapes and living in a single room hut.Counterparts was new and i played it to death.Still have that very scratched cd and boombox.
  • Like 2

I was also obsessed by UFO's Obsession album as well and still am
  • Like 4

These days, it's Grace, Pwaves, Hemipheres and Presto that get the most play. I'd add tge debut and Caress of Steel, but they've been stuck in a car cd player for about 3 years. Which reminds me that I need to pull that thing out to retreive them...
  • Like 3

thinking on it. with Rush. honestly i don't think i've ever been as obsessed with them like other bands.

Permanent Waves

Hold your Fire

Hemispheres

Presto.

yea those four.

Mick

Interested to hear what your thoughts were the first time you played the HYF album in it's entirety?
  • Like 1

Permanent Waves

Hold your Fire

Hemispheres

Presto.

yea those four.

Mick

Interested to hear what your thoughts were the first time you played the HYF album in it's entirety?

My 2 cents, I loved it on release. At the time it seemed like a natural progression and that the band had finally gound the full sound they'd been looking for.

And then the years passed, and now the music has aged to my ears as well as their haircuts and jackets have to my eyes.