All Rush songs... Ranked by Ultimate Classic Rock

Wil1972

Dreamline thirteen songs lower than the worst song in their catalog?

f**k that shit.

• Like 3

As expected, some agreement, some disagreement.

Surprised to see Mission so low. I don't like Mission, never have- but I thought Mission was popular. I however like Face Up, reviled in these halls and apparently reviled by UCR as well.

I haven't got there yet, but I'm a bit curious which song I don't like reaches the highest mark. Face Up wins the opposite award as the lowest ranked among the songs I truly love.

Okay- now I've finished. Lakeside Park is the track I actually dislike that ranks highest at #30. Fair enough. A lot of people like it even though it grates.

Red Barchetta gets the 3rd spot, and it's an okay song, but since it is the worst song on Moving Pictures it shouldn't be here. It belongs in the bottom third. (I have to reiterate that I do like it).

3 Moving Picture tracks at the top? Can't argue with Lime or Tom, but Since Natural Science deserves the top spot clearly Moving Pictures has too many at the top.

In fairness to the writers of this article, I will credit them for actually knowing the songs. Opinions are subjective and no one should expect this list to match their own, but it's far more annoying when the reviewer clearly has no idea at all about the songs and just lists things blindly. So for that, I like this article. Even as I would have arranged things far differently.

I must call out the writer, who rightly calls out Peart's clunkier lyrical moments, because of the following pot/kettle moment:

'The almighty Peart had arrived, requesting that we Neil before him.' The writer should retract everything about Peart's worse moments after that. (Part of the Best I Can review).

• Like 2

WHAT THE f**k RTB (SONG) AND LOCK AND KEY HIGH UP ON DA LIST f**k THIS THIS LIST SUCKS

Those were quite low ranked- you flipped the list.

WHAT THE f**k RTB (SONG) AND LOCK AND KEY HIGH UP ON DA LIST f**k THIS THIS LIST SUCKS

Those were quite low ranked- you flipped the list.

Oops

Admittedly there were plenty of other instances where the list makes no sense!

:)

• Like 1

They lost me at 167 and 166. :LOL: Simple songs but I always liked them (much better than say, Dog Years or Rivendell) as straight forward basic rock. I guess I should check out the rest of the list, though!
  • Like 1

With trepidation, I clicked thinking "oh, what's the worst that it could be - Tom Sawyer at number one ??"

Of all the times I saw Rush, other than whatever they opened with, the song that got the best response from the audience was In The Mood ... The lyrics are perfect for what it is, and what it is is a great live song ...

I would say that whoever made that list needs to be kicked in the nuts, but I don't think there'd be anyone with aim that good

• Like 4