FREE box re-issue RUSH album

Huge Ackman

This was in a basement that flooded with FRESH water from the city supply. The box is a wreck, some of the documents inside are nearly ruined/badly wrinkled from being wet then dried out but it's all there. The 180 gram vinyl album appears unharmed... it was submerged and then dried but has no other damage that I can see. I make NO guarantees about any aspect of this offering except that it is a RUSH album that I bought from the Backstage Club years ago. I'm now moving and have no use for a second copy of this re-issue (I bought another copy for myself since the flood that drowned this one...)

You will pay for any shipping to get it to you but the album and all the package contents are free. Send a PM here with a mailing address and I'll get USPS or other shipping price so you can decide it this is for you.

Have your people send my people a PM...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/0619181658_zps7rnhs9g7.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/0619181700_zpsja6efoha.jpg

• Like 1

This was in a basement that flooded with FRESH water from the city supply. The box is a wreck, some of the documents inside are nearly ruined/badly wrinkled from being wet then dried out but it's all there. The 180 gram vinyl album appears unharmed... it was submerged and then dried but has no other damage that I can see. I make NO guarantees about any aspect of this offering except that it is a RUSH album that I bought from the Backstage Club years ago. I'm now moving and have no use for a second copy of this re-issue (I bought another copy for myself since the flood that drowned this one...)

You will pay for any shipping to get it to you but the album and all the package contents are free. Send a PM here with a mailing address and I'll get USPS or other shipping price so you can decide it this is for you.

Have your people send my people a PM...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/0619181658_zps7rnhs9g7.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/0619181700_zpsja6efoha.jpg

Aaaaaaaand.... it's gone!

• Like 2

Still kind of annoys me they didn't reissue the 45 in this box.

1000% AGREE!

I did not bother to buy this thing, because I am not one for re-issues. I like the originals more. The only thing that would have gotten me to buy it is if it came with the Not Fade Away / You Can't Fight It single. I know the band want to disown those two tracks, but honestly plenty of fans have the songs anyway and all this is doing is making it so they have to have crappy youtube sourced rips from old 7" Singles. They aren't doing anything but hurting fans by making it impossible for them to purchase the music.

• Like 1

Still kind of annoys me they didn't reissue the 45 in this box.

1000% AGREE!

I did not bother to buy this thing, because I am not one for re-issues. I like the originals more. The only thing that would have gotten me to buy it is if it came with the Not Fade Away / You Can't Fight It single. I know the band want to disown those two tracks, but honestly plenty of fans have the songs anyway and all this is doing is making it so they have to have crappy youtube sourced rips from old 7" Singles. They aren't doing anything but hurting fans by making it impossible for them to purchase the music.

As mmuch as I like to point out the missed opportunity, It is possible the master tapes are either long gone or unusable.

good point about the master tapes - but I would wager Alex/Geddy/Geddy's mom has at least 1 pristine copy so a needle drop would definitely suffice. Despite the lack of the 45, I loved this reissue. I have coveted a Moon label Rush album for decades I simply had to have this release. Yes I know it's a replica but still looks great and I would never spend the hundreds it would cost to land a real one. The first time I saw a copy was in 1984. The cover and record were trashed and they wanted $50, the next time I saw a copy was at the first RushCon and they wanted $250. Now there's a used book/record store in my neighborhood and they want $800 for their copy. I'm good with my boxed replica. My hope is that one day Rush/Ole run a boutique label of archival recordings of Rush/Max Webster/Wireless and it's issued on Moon Records
  • Like 2

good point about the master tapes - but I would wager Alex/Geddy/Geddy's mom has at least 1 pristine copy so a needle drop would definitely suffice. Despite the lack of the 45, I loved this reissue. I have coveted a Moon label Rush album for decades I simply had to have this release. Yes I know it's a replica but still looks great and I would never spend the hundreds it would cost to land a real one. The first time I saw a copy was in 1984. The cover and record were trashed and they wanted $50, the next time I saw a copy was at the first RushCon and they wanted $250. Now there's a used book/record store in my neighborhood and they want $800 for their copy. I'm good with my boxed replica. My hope is that one day Rush/Ole run a boutique label of archival recordings of Rush/Max Webster/Wireless and it's issued on Moon Records

I have an original Moon myself, just not the 45. If I really liked the songs, perhaps I would have gotten one when they were more affordable.

But I'm not really even interested in a $30 custom replica at this point although I might reconsider that if there was band involvement.

Rush has never released anything where the quality wasn't up to par which is why I was a bit surprised that poor quality bootleg of The Twilight Zone ended up on the 2112 box. There are better versions of that out there which I'm sure we both have.

I don't know if a needle drop would pass the sniff test for them even if it would for us.

But I wish all of the albums were released like this. You could could tell a lot of love went into it.

Now that Ole drives the bus it's kind of difficult to guess what the future holds. Hopefully they are learning what fans want and what they don't otherwise it's going to be a difficult process at best.