Greatest Hits albums and Best of albums that almost qualify as bone fide studio albums

treeduck

If he were still around, Finbar would point out the greatest hits albums are for soccer moms.
  • Like 1

Some good examples are listed, but I think it's actually pretty tough to name very many, as hits collections leave out those amazing deep tracks. Here's two that work, I think:

71j2FIBezVL._SX355_.jpg

The+Doors+The+Best+Of+The+Doors-368766.jpg

• Like 3

Here's two that come to mind for me:

http://oi63.tinypic.com/jkaavs.jpg

http://oi66.tinypic.com/34spf2h.jpg

Queen's Greatest Hits is the only solid piece of evidence in the ludicrous argument that they were a singles band. Every track is pure gold, but the reason for that is they have many more than one album's worth of gold songs to put onto such an album.

• Like 1

220px-BobMarley-Legend.jpg

220px-Pearl_Jam-Rearviewmirror.jpg

Love how two discs have one with the hard rock songs and the other with mellow ballads. Foo Fighters did the same method for In Your Honor a year later.

I love the Bob Marley one, I have had that for awhile now!

220px-BobMarley-Legend.jpg

220px-Pearl_Jam-Rearviewmirror.jpg

Love how two discs have one with the hard rock songs and the other with mellow ballads. Foo Fighters did the same method for In Your Honor a year later.

I love the Bob Marley one, I have had that for awhile now!

Strangely enough, I never owned it but I listened to it a handful of times on streaming and rented it at my local library once.

I’d add the unconventional A Collection Of Great Dance Songs by Pink Floyd and What Hits?! by RHCP.

• Like 1