Double album

tas7

Lack of Rush activity led me to thinking that Rush is the only 'prog' band not to issue a studio double album. Closest would have been if they combined Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures or Moving Pictures and Signals. Would have had Permanent Pictures or Moving Signals.

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

• Like 1

King Crimson and Van Der Graaf Generator are some bands that im (almost) positive havent released a double album

Ah yes, forgot about King Crimson

• Like 1

In the cd age where 70+ minutes of music can be used i often think of later albums as doubles.The last Rush vinyl i had was Presto and they were squeezing that one in.I remember having Metallicas Black album on double vinyl (i know they are short sides)but nobody calls it a double.I would consider AFTK and Hem would be an amazing double if they were released that way .It certainly would be an exercise in self indulgence.
  • Like 2

In the cd age where 70+ minutes of music can be used i often think of later albums as doubles.The last Rush vinyl i had was Presto and they were squeezing that one in.I remember having Metallicas Black album on double vinyl (i know they are short sides)but nobody calls it a double.I would consider AFTK and Hem would be an amazing double if they were released that way .It certainly would be an exercise in self indulgence.

Yeah, but only Vapor Trails at 67 minutes, Snakes and Arrows at 63 minutes and Clockwork Angels at 66 minutes are long enough? Genesis managed to squeeze 50 minutes onto a single record, Foxtrot is just over 51 minutes for example.

Presto is 52 minutes

Roll the Bones 48 minutes

Counterparts is 54 minutes

Test for Echo is 53 minutes

Clockwork Angels is 66 minutes. That would be a double vinyl album and a 'concept' album as well. Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels is 66 minutes. That would be a double vinyl album and a 'concept' album as well.

So, 16 and a half minutes a side!

AKA, a typical Van Halen release. ;)

Clockwork Angels is 66 minutes. That would be a double vinyl album and a 'concept' album as well.

It was released as a double vinyl. With alternate cover art too.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WQ2YyskOo8s/T9SR7EzxouI/AAAAAAAABHQ/MRUXqQq_4Hg/s1600/20120608_231715.jpg

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2