Exit Stage Right

grasbo

Tried finding if this had been posted before in a thread but no luck,but i am sure it has.Found Exit Stage Right by the Vitamin String Quartet in op shop for 50cents sealed.Never knew it existed.Now i love classical music especially string quartets.Anyway i was happily singing along to the Trees when the missus said isn't that the silly song by Rush.She was taken aback that Rush could e taken seriously by classical musicians.My only gripe,they didn't do La Villa. :gumby:
  • Like 2

Tried finding if this had been posted before in a thread but no luck,but i am sure it has.Found Exit Stage Right by the Vitamin String Quartet in op shop for 50cents sealed.Never knew it existed.Now i love classical music especially string quartets.Anyway i was happily singing along to the Trees when the missus said isn't that the silly song by Rush.She was taken aback that Rush could e taken seriously by classical musicians.My only gripe,they didn't do La Villa. :gumby:

This is one of my top Rush tribute albums.I love cranking this one. I probably listen to it more than any other one. I definitely listen to it more than those other similar ones like the piano tribute, the Baroque tribute, Run For Cover, or the string quartet tribute to 2112. It's probably better than the Rockabye Baby tribute.

The only one in the same league as that is the Royal Philharmonic tribute which is really good too although i might like their Queen tribute a bit better.

It's very tastefully done.

Went back to the same op/charity shop today and there was TWELVE Rush cds sealed along with some Yes,Porcupine Tree,Zep,Sabbath,etc at 50c each.Despite having most of these cds i bought the lot for exactly $14.50.The lady at the counter said the man who dropped them off used to work in a music shop and he doesn't like heavy metal so he never played/opened them(some of them are promos).He says he has more.Told the lady to hold anything he brings in for me.

Went back to the same op/charity shop today and there was TWELVE Rush cds sealed along with some Yes,Porcupine Tree,Zep,Sabbath,etc at 50c each.Despite having most of these cds i bought the lot for exactly $14.50.The lady at the counter said the man who dropped them off used to work in a music shop and he doesn't like heavy metal so he never played/opened them(some of them are promos).He says he has more.Told the lady to hold anything he brings in for me.

Cool. Don't have any Australian Rush Promos. What makes them different?

The only Rush item I have from Australia is a vinyl 45 of The Pass.