My school of rock gig

Laurabw

So our Grad School of Rock gig is tomorrow night!! Yikes. I'm playing rhythm guitar, not ready for lead yet. But it's been a blast.

• Like 8

So our Grad School of Rock gig is tomorrow night!! Yikes. I'm playing rhythm guitar, not ready for lead yet. But it's been a blast.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be great! Have a blast. Also, check out videos of Nancy Wilson on stage, and work in a couple of those rock star kicks!

• Like 4

I've watched a lot of School of Rock performances on YouTube and they run the gambit from horrible to great.

But this one's gonna be great!

• Like 4

I've watched a lot of School of Rock performances on YouTube and they run the gambit from horrible to great.

Yes, im not surprised. We have a couple clunkers but we also have some that are really pretty good.

• Like 1

Laura, COOL !!

What songs are you playing ?? .. and if you have some video, please post it !

I am playing smooth, take me out, (Franz Ferdinand ), against the wind, shotgun, better man, head over feet and honky-tonk woman. And I’m singing back up on Would I lie to you. I think that’s it.

There’s definitely going to be video, I guess then I just had to figure out how to get it on here, assuming I want you all to see it, LOL!

But thank you all for the well wishes, I’m pretty excited about it. I definitely have a long way to go but I feel like I’ve improved since I first started back in February . I’ve been playing off and on for a long time but only really seriously since the winter.

But I highly recommend this to anybody who wants to try and get involved it’s so much fun and having played three times in the ladies rock camp on stage, (and that was only one single song ) I already know what a thrill it is !

• Like 7

Looks good, sounds decent...great fun was had, I expect!

QyNIpRc.gif

• Like 1

Looks good, sounds decent...great fun was had, I expect!

QyNIpRc.gif

Yeah it was pretty awesome. I'm not going to post the better man video though because unfortunately my low E string got dreadfully out of tune in a matter of 10 minutes, I'm not sure how and I didn't realize it until I started playing my part of the song (back up, not Eddie's part)so I had to improvise. Talk about trial by fire, lol.

Other than that, it was a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Oh, and the guy singing take me out is a guitar player, somehow though he got recruited. The thing that’s kinda great about our group is that everyone is able to try something different.

https://www.facebook.com/718923276/posts/10155843148743277/

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 1

Very cool Laura...I'm very happy for you!

Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

You rock!

:)

Aw thanks.

• Like 1

I guess it’s hard to see, but I’m wearing a moon records T-shirt ...

Wjere did you get it?

paQcsln.gif

Just a little constructive criticism, the guitar part you are playing for Take me Out is actually a series of staccato notes played as a counterpoint to the lead riff...have a close listen and you'll hear what I mean.