"With a Little Help from My Friends" - Beatles vs Cocker?

Texas King

"With a Little Help from My Friends" - Beatles vs Cocker?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. "With a Little Help from My Friends" - Beatles vs Cocker?

• original - The Beatles
    • cover - Joe Cocker

Joe's version is cool, but to me most Beatles covers never recapture the magic of the original.
  • Like 6

Gotta go for Joe at Woodstock. Goosebumps

So powerful + blue suede shoes w/stars.

Edited by custom55

As EP said, Joe's version is good, but, even as a listener who appreciates The Beatles but is not a fanatical fan, I feel there's a magic in their songs that cannot be topped easily ..

The Beatles win this one

• Like 2

Of course the Beatles. But I like Joe's version also because I liked The Wonder Years. That was a good show. Waiting for it to be on t v land or another channel somewhere...
  • Like 3

Of course the Beatles. But I like Joe's version also because I liked The Wonder Years. That was a good show. Waiting for it to be on t v land or another channel somewhere...

That was a good show! I'd like to see them again too.

• Like 2

I'm in the minority; I like the Joe Cocker version better. There are so many layers to his voice and such power. Along with Janis Joplin, though, he is someone I always liked to listen to rather than watch because they put so much of their physical selves into the performance. Sometimes you felt like they were going to collapse any moment because so much emotion was coming through.
  • Like 3

I'm in the minority; I like the Joe Cocker version better. There are so many layers to his voice and such power. Along with Janis Joplin, though, he is someone I always liked to listen to rather than watch because they put so much of their physical selves into the performance. Sometimes you felt like they were going to collapse any moment because so much emotion was coming through.

Agreed BC with the emotion, esp with Janis !

• Like 1

I’m not sure I even like the Beatles’. It’s bland, boring, and goes nowhere. Cocker’s is a stone cold classic.
  • Like 1

Has to be the Beatles! As a part of Sgt Pepper album, it is a classic I love to listen to every summer :rose:
  • Like 2