Alien Shore

lifeson90

Such a great track was just giving it a listen and thought i'd check out YT to see if any live performances of it but couldn't find any. Anybody know if such a thing exists?
  • Like 2

Great song with a killer groove, but I don't believe it was ever played live. Here's a thread about never-performed-live RUSH tracks...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/79487-the-never-played-rush-song-set-challange/

Ah right thanks that list is incredible like wow

• Like 1

They played Animate, Stick it Out, Nobody's Hero, Leave That Thing Alone, Cold Fire and Double Agent on the CP tour and Between Sun & Moon on the VT tour. Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 3

No live. A crime along with Cut to the Chase

Cut To The Chase is the real shame there.

• Like 3

That's one I don't get. How did it not get played live? Something about it must have not worked for them in order for that to happen. Seemed like it should have been a no brainer for the set.

As for Alien Shore, I do like the song but don't think it's one of the standouts on CP.

• Like 5

That's one I don't get. How did it not get played live? Something about it must have not worked for them in order for that to happen. Seemed like it should have been a no brainer for the set.

As for Alien Shore, I do like the song but don't think it's one of the standouts on CP.

It's a real head scratcher. Of all the interviews with all the lame same old tired questions they've had...I'd like to know if Cut to the Chase has come up and whether it's difficult to pull off live. :huh:

I wish the "Evening with Rush" days would of started with CP. Maybe CTTC would of made the setlist. Look at the S&A tour...those songs were featured for better or for worse.

• Like 3

What's an actual crime is that not every Rush song was played live, yet they played most of the hits almost every show like da f**k??

You have to be consistent in including most the hits though. That's just good business. It was always a treat for me to hear the deeper cuts. Even live recordings of songs I'm not crazy about like "How it is". A live version seems to give them new life.

• Like 3

What's an actual crime is that not every Rush song was played live, yet they played most of the hits almost every show like da f**k??

Well, the hits need to be played. Those are the songs everyone in attendance knows. There needs to be a handful of songs that gets everybody to react. One thing I did like about Rush is that they didn't feel the need to play every hit on every tour. With the exception of Tom Sawyer, Spirit and maybe CTTH they would rotate the hits around each tour. Made more room for new stuff and deep cuts doing it like that.

• Like 4

Well, the hits need to be played. Those are the songs everyone in attendance knows. There needs to be a handful of songs that gets everybody to react. One thing I did like about Rush is that they didn't feel the need to play every hit on every tour. With the exception of Tom Sawyer, Spirit and maybe CTTH they would rotate the hits around each tour. Made more room for new stuff and deep cuts doing it like that.

Well that is true!

You never know what Rush show might be someone's first and only show, and if they skipped Tom Sawyer they would be hated for it.

• Like 3

You never know what Rush show might be someone's first and only show, and if they skipped Tom Sawyer they would be hated for it.

That is true

• Like 1

Mine was my first and only show! Thankfully they played not only the big hits I wanted to see, but also some epic deep cuts I never dreamed I'd see. Cygnus X-1 baby!

• Like 2

This is Exactly was i was thinking. Two songs that should have made it to their live show. I feel if they were having the longer tours they had towards the end, we would have heard both tracks Live. Who know maybe when they have their reunion tour!

• Like 1

This is Exactly was i was thinking. Two songs that should have made it to their live show. I feel if they were having the longer tours they had towards the end, we would have heard both tracks Live. Who know maybe when they have their reunion tour!

Yea I wanted CTTC live as well.

• Like 1

Geddy was asked about CTTC in a pre-R40 interview , possibly in a AMA Reddit forum and he chuckled and remembered the song and perhaps they rehearsed it before that tour but it didn't make the final cut. Neil expressed interest in performing Hand Over Fist but that too didn't make the final cut either

I was always surprised that the most rockin' song on CP, Between Sun & Moon wasn't performed on that tour

• Like 3

Hard to believe CTTC never played live, in some sense can understand why Alien Shore wasn't, not being an expert has a kind of studio feel about it that may have been too difficult to translate live, all kinds of funny little effects in it, i dunno. CTTC doesnt seem to have this problem, didnt go CP tour but i'd have been disappointed not to get it
  • Like 2

Geddy was asked about CTTC in a pre-R40 interview , possibly in a AMA Reddit forum and he chuckled and remembered the song and perhaps they rehearsed it before that tour but it didn't make the final cut. Neil expressed interest in performing Hand Over Fist but that too didn't make the final cut either

I was always surprised that the most rockin' song on CP, Between Sun & Moon wasn't performed on that tour

It's funny how serious us fans take this stuff compared to the artist. I could see Geddy saying "Oh yeah, let's see...hmmm that was off of...Count...yeah, Counterparts." "We may have considered it for the set list at some point". "So...people really seem to like that song?"

• Like 2

It's funny how serious us fans take this stuff compared to the artist. I could see Geddy saying "Oh yeah, let's see...hmmm that was off of...Count...yeah, Counterparts." "We may have considered it for the set list at some point". "So...people really seem to like that song?"

Likely got lost in the shuffle or maybe they just didn't like it. Don't recall any specific information as to why it wasn't played.