40 years ago today... this album was released

custom55

I love Some Girls

The 2011 issue with the alternate takes and bonus stuff is one of my favorite re-releases ever

Respectable and Shattered are two of my favorite Stones songs

Great alt take

• Like 5

For some strange reason, the title track never got much air play ..... oh, wait....now I remember why. :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

For some strange reason, the title track never got much air play ..... oh, wait....now I remember why. :laughing guy:

My mom didn’t love that coming out of the speakers in the living room where the stereo was. And since she and Mick were born the same year, I don’t think it was an age thing.

• Like 2

A masterpiece! Many casual fans think the Stones did nothing great after 1971/72 or so. This album is perfect - one of their best. And yes, if you have a chance, get, or listen to, the outtakes and alternate tracks on the re-issue. They could have released a double album or issued those tracks as a followup.
  • Like 3

I disagree re Miss You. In the context of the time it was released it was very relevant, and even though it is one of the songs that really stands out as "not their style", I think it has a nice groove.
  • Like 4

I disagree re Miss You. In the context of the time it was released it was very relevant, and even though it is one of the songs that really stands out as "not their style", I think it has a nice groove.

A band I saw this weekend played Miss You and the song rocked. It was a nice surprise.

The set started off with Zep's Dancing Days, Young's Cinnamon Girl, and then Miss You. One of the coolest starts to a live set I've ever heard.

• Like 2

Oh man... The summer of '78 was all about Miss You. I think it's a fantastic song.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

Oh man... The summer of '78 was all about Miss You. I think it's a fantastic song.

http://youtu.be/pggf6PO_D1Y

I agree. It's a great example of how the Stones could change genres and not lose the "Stonesyness" of a song.

• Like 2

Great album- though I love the one that came before it, too, and the six before that. But Some Girls really has a sound that’s all its own. It’s unique.
  • Like 1