RIP Anthony Bordain

goose

I saw a post today on NPR stating that traveling food enthusiast Anthony Bordain has died at 61.

I always enjoyed his work.

:rose:

In Strasbourg, France, of all places. What was he like, "Well, things can't get any more beautiful than this place in the spring. I think I'll off myself."

Sad.

:rose:

There's already a thread in Random (Candy) Samples.

Oh.

Suicide, I hear. Or hanging, anyway.

Just like Kate Spade. A billionaire.

I don't understand humanity.

Money isn't everything. Take care of your mental health first then go out and earn your pile of cash.

Edited by Digital Dad

Money isn't everything. Take care of your menral health first then go out and earn your pile of cash.

Money doesn't buy happiness, and it doesn't make you smarter, either. Countless cases of pro sports stars getting into trouble, even though they make millions of dollars a year. Instant fame and/or fortune can be one of the worst things to happen to some people. Intellectually and emotionally, they are just not able to handle it.

I'm not a big TV viewer, but Anthony was one of the few personalities that instantly grabbed me and I became hooked on the first few seasons of No Reservations. I kinda lost track of his career but would check in on him now and again. Really sad. RIP man. :martini:

I remember Anthony making a statement about excellent cuisine that he had in third world nations and in he middle of a list of countries he was naming he added Baltimore!

Being from the Baltimore area, I rolled off the couch laughing!

:LOL:

A very funny man.

Sad stuff. Day of Light and I have been having a great time watching Parts Unknown lately. He definitely had style.

Reading about his.. period.. with Asia Argento makes me think issues related with repeatedly defending her may have let to a "this is embarrassing/screw it" attitude.

• Like 1

Sad stuff. Day of Light and I have been having a great time watching Parts Unknown lately. He definitely had style.

Reading about his.. period.. with Asia Argento makes me think issues related with repeatedly defending her may have let to a "this is embarrassing/screw it" attitude.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/us/asia-argento-assault-jimmy-bennett.html

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser [a 17yo at the time of the alleged offense]

:facepalm: